Welfare drug testing bills advance in...

Welfare drug testing bills advance in TN legislature

There are 46 comments on the WBIR-TV Knoxville story from Apr 24, 2012, titled Welfare drug testing bills advance in TN legislature. In it, WBIR-TV Knoxville reports that:

Legislation from two East Tennessee lawmakers that propose drug testing welfare recipients is advancing in both the Tennessee House and Senate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR-TV Knoxville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Scarlet

Nashville, TN

#2 Apr 24, 2012
They will have to close the doors on my BFF's place of business if this law is passed.
Karma

Nashville, TN

#4 Apr 24, 2012
Scarlet wrote:
They will have to close the doors on my BFF's place of business if this law is passed.
Don't worry we can take up the slack for her. We will get others hooked for her.
ashley

Knoxville, TN

#5 Apr 24, 2012
I hope they do. I receive benefits....but I also work and attend nursing school. I feel people assume I am on drugs because I get food stamps. And I'm sick of people saying they can't find work! I spent 2 hours applying for jobs. I received 4 job offers within 2 days. Yes, I make minimum wage...but they work with my school schedule and I still have time for homework and my 2 children. A jobs a job....don't be so picky!
Glenn

Loudon, TN

#6 Apr 24, 2012
ashley wrote:
I hope they do. I receive benefits....but I also work and attend nursing school. I feel people assume I am on drugs because I get food stamps. And I'm sick of people saying they can't find work! I spent 2 hours applying for jobs. I received 4 job offers within 2 days. Yes, I make minimum wage...but they work with my school schedule and I still have time for homework and my 2 children. A jobs a job....don't be so picky!
Ashley, I am proud of you as I am sure many other people are. If we had more people like you, willing to work at what ever, our county would not be in the shape that we have gotten it into. Keep up the good work.
Covert Ops

Sevierville, TN

#7 Apr 24, 2012
Glenn wrote:
<quoted text>
Ashley, I am proud of you as I am sure many other people are. If we had more people like you, willing to work at what ever, our county would not be in the shape that we have gotten it into. Keep up the good work.
She's Jewish.
ashley

Sevierville, TN

#8 Apr 24, 2012
Glenn wrote:
<quoted text>Ashley, I am proud of you as I am sure many other people are. If we had more people like you, willing to work at what ever, our county would not be in the shape that we have gotten it into. Keep up the good work.
thank you Glenn! And no, I'm not Jewish. I just want to give my little girls a decent life. I want them to look at me as a positive role model. I am a college graduate, but I wasn't able to find work in my field....so I chose to go back to school and work at Subway until I become a registered nurse.:)
BillyGene

Nashville, TN

#10 Apr 24, 2012
Karma wrote:
<quoted text>
Best of luck to you Ashley!
Now they found out you got kids...watch out for Karma...just warning ya.
wow

Sevierville, TN

#11 Apr 24, 2012
Karma wrote:
<quoted text>Best of luck to you Ashley!
awe thank you!
Karma

Clarksville, TN

#12 Apr 24, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
awe thank you!
You're welcome sweetheart. I have every faith you will do just fine!
ashley

Sevierville, TN

#13 Apr 24, 2012
Karma wrote:
<quoted text>You're welcome sweetheart. I have every faith you will do just fine!
I'm workin my butt off! I just finished up microbiology...phew that was rough! I would love to get a job at Vanderbilt. Thank you all so much for the kind words of encouragement.
Karma

Clarksville, TN

#14 Apr 24, 2012
ashley wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm workin my butt off! I just finished up microbiology...phew that was rough! I would love to get a job at Vanderbilt. Thank you all so much for the kind words of encouragement.
I'd say you are, I know how difficult it is but just know all your hard work will pay off!
Reality Checker

Kingston, TN

#15 Apr 24, 2012
You 2 dykes need to get a room.
Reality Checker

Kodak, TN

#16 Apr 24, 2012
Reality Checker wrote:
You 2 dykes need to get a room.
I've had about enough of this crap, either get off the gay parade or STFU! Don't knock it if you haven't tried it!
tece

United States

#17 Apr 25, 2012
Now maybe the kids can actually get their child support other then the drug dealers
Please

United States

#18 Apr 29, 2012
Pass this I have be test to work my job! Why test the ones that get money and don't work? Sleep in every morning stay up Late.........bust their ass people, lay down the law for once.
Worthless

United States

#19 Apr 29, 2012
If you dont work a job, why do we need you?
Pass

Stanfield, NC

#20 Apr 29, 2012
I don't understand why this wasn't done long ago
Cut

Newport, TN

#21 Apr 29, 2012
Cut free stuff for drug heads. Lockem up if they fail the test
Stop

Stanfield, NC

#22 Apr 29, 2012
Stop giving my tax money to drug heads able to work. Everybody is able to do some type of job if its taking money to park cars downtown.

Since: Aug 11

Vonore, TN

#23 May 2, 2012
Karma wrote:
<quoted text> Don't worry we can take up the slack for her. We will get others hooked for her.
You stupid f*cker...you are nothing but a POS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gas stations accepting EBT (food stamps) 10 hr Peanut Noor 14
Debate: Marijuana - Knoxville, TN (Aug '10) 13 hr Small Talk 183
Mouse's Ear (Sep '10) 14 hr Peanut Noor 110
The Rocks Tavern 14 hr Peanut Noor 10
East TN Pain Clinic Review (Apr '10) 14 hr Peanut Noor 1,093
C&C Fencing 22 hr Truth B Known 2
donald trump won't last long Fri Lol 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages