Late night shootout kills one

Full story: WBIR Knoxville

There's new information out in a double shooting. Police have released the victims' names, and they say one man has died from his injuries.
Comments
101 - 120 of 157 Comments Last updated Jan 5, 2014
Big bro

Washington, DC

#105 Jan 27, 2012
I'm still missing you!!! Love always, fat cheeks
VMar

Louisville, KY

#106 Mar 23, 2012
Anger still swells at times. I pray you are at peace my friend. Still best friends and brothers for life.
V~
siriusly

Erwin, TN

#107 Mar 28, 2012
james johnson wrote:
<quoted text>Hide!!!West Knoxville is starting to try and out do the Eastside!!!!!!!
XD hehe
siriusly

Heiskell, TN

#108 Mar 30, 2012
NOT EVEN THE SAME wrote:
I AM SO SICK OF EVERY TIME I LOG ON TO READ THE NEWS IT'S ALWAYS SHOOTINGS!! DOES NO ONE KNOW HOW TO FIGHT THE OLD SCHOOL WAY? JUST GO AT IT AND BE DONE WITH IT.I SURE DO WISH MY KIDS DID NOT HAVE TO GROW UP IN THE WORLD THE WAY IT IS TODAY,BUT THEY DO SO I CAN ONLY PRAY FOR ALL YOU FOLKS OUT THERE THAT THINK YOU HAVE TO HIDE BEHIND A GUN. SOO SAD!!!
agreed.
siriusly

Heiskell, TN

#109 Mar 30, 2012
Was it a hit?
Runfaster

Louisville, KY

#110 Sep 28, 2012
siriusly wrote:
Was it a hit?
Nope--bout as random as the word!
LMiller

Russell Springs, KY

#111 Jan 29, 2013
I was just doing a search for an old friend as I had been out on the west coast for several years and just did get back to this part of the country. I knew Vincent from running track at UT, and was attempting to get back in touch with him. He actually introduced me to Steven and I must say I'm totally shocked and saddened. The world is definitely a lesser place without you in it my friend. Rest in peace. If anybody out there knows how to get in touch with Vincent, please feel free to email me at lrmiller442@gmail.com.

Since: Feb 13

Charlotte, NC

#112 Feb 24, 2013
Sounds like Wes provoked it by walking up to the front of Steven's home with a gun as soon as he arrived at 11pm.
Not_a_fan

Sylva, NC

#113 Sep 9, 2013
M Moore wrote:
When I heard of Steve's death today I was in shock as most of you. A man whom had many friends, successful in business and well informed in all aspect of life. What a human tragedy,and at the prime of his life. I would see Kirk at several Bearded restaurants and we would catch up and discuss training and fitness related goals. Easy conversation because you have little time to fellowship when you have family and personal responsibilities awaiting. I will miss seeing him around and getting to know him better! God Bless the Kirk family and, I deeply feel your loss...
M Moore
I hate that he died, but he cheated on his wife for 10 years.... I doubt that "golden" would describe Stevie.
Not_a_fan

Sylva, NC

#114 Sep 9, 2013
Live the life of a gansta, die the same. Cheat on your wife with multiple women for 10 years and carry a gun everywhere you go, something is bound to happen to you eventually. I can't say I feel sorry for the guy, the wife and kids he left behind, yeah, but an adulterous bastard, nah....
TN Voter

Richland, WA

#115 Sep 9, 2013
CRAZYTRAIN wrote:
so sorry for my misspelling
No problem... No one is perfect... I do disagree with your views but I'm sure you disagree with mine.
Tyler

Knoxville, TN

#116 Sep 15, 2013
Thanks for posting
his daughter

Knoxville, TN

#117 Sep 17, 2013
Not_a_fan wrote:
Live the life of a gansta, die the same. Cheat on your wife with multiple women for 10 years and carry a gun everywhere you go, something is bound to happen to you eventually. I can't say I feel sorry for the guy, the wife and kids he left behind, yeah, but an adulterous bastard, nah....


Gangsta??? Boy please. God love you. Who are you to call deceased people names ? Get facts before you look ignorant. You know nothing.
CHESTKICK

Knoxville, TN

#118 Oct 5, 2013
Not_a_fan wrote:
Live the life of a gansta, die the same. Cheat on your wife with multiple women for 10 years and carry a gun everywhere you go, something is bound to happen to you eventually. I can't say I feel sorry for the guy, the wife and kids he left behind, yeah, but an adulterous bastard, nah....
Wow--sounds like you have some unresolved issue with the dude. Hmmm, perhaps we should exchange numbers or something? Maybe get you worked towards some peace? Handshake? Haircut? Fight? You need something.

From your need to make a statement after these years---did your wife or girlfriend like him? Maybe your sister or mother? Or,--was it you? Goodness--probably hard to resolve those kind of feelings if you are a male. If you are female--then, I'm sorry he didn't date you.

Anyway--thanks for the post--you actually helped me out this day.

Cheers to you "Not a Fan." I think your awesome. And by awesome I mean a "dumb ass!"
Not_a_fan

Asheville, NC

#119 Oct 8, 2013
I know way more about things than any of you know... I have an opinion, and I'm entitled to it.

I didn't call anyone a gangsta, I said if you live that life, you'll die the same. Steven had more than one life. The ones he tried to keep hidden are the ones that "karma" saw, if you believe in karma, which I don't, I simply believe you reap what you sow.

I also didn't call anyone a dumbass, or any other name, I didn't mention anything about a phone or a fight or a beer, I simply disagree with what is being preached as gospel truth about the mans character. If I have a poor choice of words, my apologies, but name calling is kind of second grade, and is probably the kind of stuff that forthe fight started that got Steven killed. My father was shot and killed in a stupid fight, I know what it's like.

If Steven and his wife were ok dating people outside of their marriage, more power to them, swingers exist, but when a dude hides it from everyone, wife included, who is being lied to? Nobody likes a liar, do they??? Nobody likes a theif, do they?? I don't like liars, and I don't like theives. And thanks to this great political document called "The Constitution" I have a free and exercisable right to freedom of speech. I can voice my opinion if I so deem appropriate. Sometimes, when people speak the truth, it hurts.

To Stevens kids, I don't know you, I'm sorry for your loss, I lost the same in nearly the exact same way, only it wa my older brother who shot my dad. I'm sure your dad did many wonderful things, but faithfulness was not one of them, neither was my dads, and to believe so, would be lying to yourself as I did for many years of my life over some pretty serious matters.

As for the comments directing to a further pursual of conversation, I think it best that I concede any argument. My words have been spoken. I actually tried to go back and change or delete my postings for fear of disrespect of family as I didn't fully think my comments through. But I couldn't. In the end the truth will indeed set you free. My apologies.
CHESTKICK

Knoxville, TN

#120 Oct 9, 2013
OMG--well, why did you not say so in the first place? You are just exercising your constitutional right? That's perfect. Did it just grow out of you after almost seven years? Did your right just eat at you for all this time? Just kinda walking around your keyboard for all these years? Then one day you just exploded into keyboard taps? That's what you deemed necessary after all these years? That's amazing---at any rate to level the character of a dead person is your constitutional right. To share what you know to be gospel truth to the World--because hindsight at this stage is a real important part of the healing process for others? Or is it healing for you?------Under the umbrella of free speech I have to call your motive(s) goals, self indulging. Oh regarding a liar, a thief, a constitutionalist? Some people hate them all--but this America, and that is a right. Just for the record--I think we as a group of friends, family, and associates realize that Steven's halo did not fall and consequently trip him, causing him to run into bullets. We all are clear that Steven was not a perfect person--heck, this Karma person you spoke of even knows that--thanks for the lesson in how life happens. Being a person such as you present on paper, having a loss such as you proclaim (which still lends no credibility to your post fyi) One would think "what is the real reason for this post?" What purpose? Oh--you are an agent of Karma, an spokesperson for people who need to be set free in truth? You actually are no longer amazing to me, you are no longer a dumb ass either--which is sad. It's Sad because you obviously have taken some good intellect and used it to "clear the air" in an arena that basically just sucks. So, if you will, do not take this as personal--just understand that as a doer of great deeds, you are also a sower of great deeds---well, I mean, just because you are a doer does not guarantee longevity, or that you die in your sleep. Nope, no way to know when your life card is going to get punched, etc, etc, etc--as for the pursuit of or continuation of a conversation? That was more a question of jest-When you decided to call my friend an adulterous bastard--you pretty much marked any idea of a friendly conversation from my books. I have certainly become jaded regarding you "not a fan" "judged" North Carolina/Nashville person of interest. The Constitution does allow me to be jaded, right? Ok thanks--I'm jaded in my thoughts and ideas of you. I hope that's ok.
Not_a_fan

Wadesboro, NC

#121 Oct 12, 2013
CHESTKICK wrote:
OMG--well, why did you not say so in the first place? You are just exercising your constitutional right? That's perfect. Did it just grow out of you after almost seven years? Did your right just eat at you for all this time? Just kinda walking around your keyboard for all these years? Then one day you just exploded into keyboard taps? That's what you deemed necessary after all these years? That's amazing---at any rate to level the character of a dead person is your constitutional right. To share what you know to be gospel truth to the World--because hindsight at this stage is a real important part of the healing process for others? Or is it healing for you?------Under the umbrella of free speech I have to call your motive(s) goals, self indulging. Oh regarding a liar, a thief, a constitutionalist? Some people hate them all--but this America, and that is a right. Just for the record--I think we as a group of friends, family, and associates realize that Steven's halo did not fall and consequently trip him, causing him to run into bullets. We all are clear that Steven was not a perfect person--heck, this Karma person you spoke of even knows that--thanks for the lesson in how life happens. Being a person such as you present on paper, having a loss such as you proclaim (which still lends no credibility to your post fyi) One would think "what is the real reason for this post?" What purpose? Oh--you are an agent of Karma, an spokesperson for people who need to be set free in truth? You actually are no longer amazing to me, you are no longer a dumb ass either--which is sad. It's Sad because you obviously have taken some good intellect and used it to "clear the air" in an arena that basically just sucks. So, if you will, do not take this as personal--just understand that as a doer of great deeds, you are also a sower of great deeds---well, I mean, just because you are a doer does not guarantee longevity, or that you die in your sleep. Nope, no way to know when your life card is going to get punched, etc, etc, etc--as for the pursuit of or continuation of a conversation? That was more a question of jest-When you decided to call my friend an adulterous bastard--you pretty much marked any idea of a friendly conversation from my books. I have certainly become jaded regarding you "not a fan" "judged" North Carolina/Nashville person of interest. The Constitution does allow me to be jaded, right? Ok thanks--I'm jaded in my thoughts and ideas of you. I hope that's ok.
oh, jaded is allowed. I respect jaded. At least it's honest, and not done in darkness.

You know, the bible says "be sure, your sin will find you out". And the word of God is always true. Steven's sin found him out. Maybe you should be thanking me for exposing truth, so Stevens daughter doesn't look for a man like Jim and wind up having a man have affairs with multiple women, possibly risking biringing home an STD to her or a spycho woman who would kill.... Who knows what people will do when they are offended so deeply??

All I know, is if stevie's daughter is 17, and he has been dead for 6 years, that means he went out on his wife when his daughter was 1. There are ways to confirm or negate my accusations, ask his wife, or his best friend, or his dad, look them in the eye when you do, and you'll get the answer you say isn't true, that he want an adulterous bastard. His dad disnt raise that kind of man. His dad is a good man. A wholesome man.

Before you snap comments at this particular situaltion you should know ALL the details. I know. I've arm Steven out with women who were not his wife. Period. Did you? If you did and you deny his adultery, you help him live his lies from the grave. And wow! What a legacy to leave to your children....

Leave it alone, or it's gonna get worse.
CHESTKICK

Knoxville, TN

#122 Oct 12, 2013
Not_a_fan wrote:
<quoted text>
oh, jaded is allowed. I respect jaded. At least it's honest, and not done in darkness.
You know, the bible says "be sure, your sin will find you out". And the word of God is always true. Steven's sin found him out. Maybe you should be thanking me for exposing truth, so Stevens daughter doesn't look for a man like Jim and wind up having a man have affairs with multiple women, possibly risking biringing home an STD to her or a spycho woman who would kill.... Who knows what people will do when they are offended so deeply??
All I know, is if stevie's daughter is 17, and he has been dead for 6 years, that means he went out on his wife when his daughter was 1. There are ways to confirm or negate my accusations, ask his wife, or his best friend, or his dad, look them in the eye when you do, and you'll get the answer you say isn't true, that he want an adulterous bastard. His dad disnt raise that kind of man. His dad is a good man. A wholesome man.
Before you snap comments at this particular situaltion you should know ALL the details. I know. I've arm Steven out with women who were not his wife. Period. Did you? If you did and you deny his adultery, you help him live his lies from the grave. And wow! What a legacy to leave to your children....
Leave it alone, or it's gonna get worse.
What I find amusing is your not really getting the point. I am not trying to deny, confirm, negate, substantiate, allege, appreciate, congratulate, ingnore, support, relegate, initiate anything about Steven--his past, his present, or his future. My stance has more to do with you feeling like you have an appointment to inform anyone of anything. First we had your Constitution, now we have your Bible, and your Revelation Knowledge. Dude--does your bible work for you during your fornication? Does it work for you during your co-habitations? Does it work for you during your Anger? How does the bible handle your anger and your disappointments? How do you resolve those things in your spirit and in your heart? Man are you a Job type of guy? A Solomon or David? Or...could it be, maybe you are a......hmmmm Samson? Just let me get them back God, just give me one more thing I can do to get even Lord. Jawbones, this and that. Things in the dark brought to light, sins of the father, etc, etc. Its awesome stuff. I mean, if you feel the need to disclose what you know--go for it! It is your right--I mean Constitutionally-you have the right--and as God's right hand man--I guess you have two good reasons. Add in your obvious anger--Well that's three--the truest of all trifectas. Oh--you did mention knowing ALL the details. You might want to pie-chart what that looks like in your mind. Slice one is what you saw. Slice two is what you heard. Slice three is being with Steven every-day. Anyway, your probably saw a some, heard some, and perhaps was with Steven some--but even with that, you will never have the "All" you speak of. However any good mathematician would just round it up. So good job on your rounding. Just go ahead and get it all of your chest. Why pro-long it? Just release your "truth" and let it be. Or just keep holding it in. I mean, if you keep holding it in--It's going to just get worse! Go ahead, he's dead--so let's implicate the all the other living party's. I mean, at this stage--why not? It should be a good read--We will be waiting.
Not_a_fan

Robbinsville, NC

#123 Oct 15, 2013
CHESTKICK wrote:
<quoted text>
What I find amusing is your not really getting the point. I am not trying to deny, confirm, negate, substantiate, allege, appreciate, congratulate, ingnore, support, relegate, initiate anything about Steven--his past, his present, or his future. My stance has more to do with you feeling like you have an appointment to inform anyone of anything. First we had your Constitution, now we have your Bible, and your Revelation Knowledge. Dude--does your bible work for you during your fornication? Does it work for you during your co-habitations? Does it work for you during your Anger? How does the bible handle your anger and your disappointments? How do you resolve those things in your spirit and in your heart? Man are you a Job type of guy? A Solomon or David? Or...could it be, maybe you are a......hmmmm Samson? Just let me get them back God, just give me one more thing I can do to get even Lord. Jawbones, this and that. Things in the dark brought to light, sins of the father, etc, etc. Its awesome stuff. I mean, if you feel the need to disclose what you know--go for it! It is your right--I mean Constitutionally-you have the right--and as God's right hand man--I guess you have two good reasons. Add in your obvious anger--Well that's three--the truest of all trifectas. Oh--you did mention knowing ALL the details. You might want to pie-chart what that looks like in your mind. Slice one is what you saw. Slice two is what you heard. Slice three is being with Steven every-day. Anyway, your probably saw a some, heard some, and perhaps was with Steven some--but even with that, you will never have the "All" you speak of. However any good mathematician would just round it up. So good job on your rounding. Just go ahead and get it all of your chest. Why pro-long it? Just release your "truth" and let it be. Or just keep holding it in. I mean, if you keep holding it in--It's going to just get worse! Go ahead, he's dead--so let's implicate the all the other living party's. I mean, at this stage--why not? It should be a good read--We will be waiting.
Dude, your message was too long, I didn't read it. And based on your previous comments of insult, it would be a waste if my time to do so.

I'm gonna give you the benefit of doubt, because you don't know me. I've already apologized and I've already said let it go, you persist. What transpires from this point on, is up to you not me. Or should wr get into who you took stevie's shotgun to so that you could protect your children. Steven should have concerned himself with the welfare of his children while he was committing adultery for the majority if their lives.

I've apologized once, and told you to let it go, or it's gonna get worse. You know I'm speaking truth, and I know I am too, so does his wife, and his dad and his girlfriends. I'm telling you Vince, just walk away dude. Just let it go. I've got more info I can add to this mess if you want. If you insult me again, we'll march, but not to the beat of a drilum you have ever heard before.

I'm leaving it be now, if you keep going, well, then I can see why Steven got shot to death, he wouldn't let 30 dollars in tools go. Is it worth it man? Since you know Im speaking truth? Just walk away, I'm gonna, but when I turn my back this time, if you start yelling again, I will pound this for years to come. Make your choice.
CHESTKICK

Knoxville, TN

#124 Oct 16, 2013
Not_a_fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude, your message was too long, I didn't read it. And based on your previous comments of insult, it would be a waste if my time to do so.
I'm gonna give you the benefit of doubt, because you don't know me. I've already apologized and I've already said let it go, you persist. What transpires from this point on, is up to you not me. Or should wr get into who you took stevie's shotgun to so that you could protect your children. Steven should have concerned himself with the welfare of his children while he was committing adultery for the majority if their lives.
I've apologized once, and told you to let it go, or it's gonna get worse. You know I'm speaking truth, and I know I am too, so does his wife, and his dad and his girlfriends. I'm telling you Vince, just walk away dude. Just let it go. I've got more info I can add to this mess if you want. If you insult me again, we'll march, but not to the beat of a drilum you have ever heard before.
I'm leaving it be now, if you keep going, well, then I can see why Steven got shot to death, he wouldn't let 30 dollars in tools go. Is it worth it man? Since you know Im speaking truth? Just walk away, I'm gonna, but when I turn my back this time, if you start yelling again, I will pound this for years to come. Make your choice.
Mr Boyfriend (I will turn my back this time, and not say your name)--you should know a couple of things about me. First-I do not care to the extent that you assume. Im an open book! Threatening me does nothing to me--I have a respect for all men and a fear of none--you don't owe me an apology, so whoever it matters, so be it. Based on the limited information you shared--you obviously do not know me either. The gun was a gift to give away--as I have no "children" and Ive been a licensed carrier of weapons for 20 years. Meaning, why give a gun away, when I have 15 other ones? Anyway--this is not as complex for me as you imagine. I have nothing to preserve--and I just DONT CARE-what you do with your "information" or how many years you do it! Now, about the insults: I will extend to you a gentlemen's apology. Based on your information of Steven, and your allowed opinion, you called him a "bastard." Well, he is not. Born of Mary and Ambrose in wedlock. Now, I'm a bastard, and have no problem with it. My apology to you for calling you a "dumb ass" out of anger, I will withdraw. I do not know what your intellectual capacity is, etc, etc. I will also say that I am not threatening you in any manner. I do not make threats.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 7 hr turdddd 9,319
Tony Stewart 9 hr Zork 5
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 13 hr The InfoWar 8,616
where is the EDM scene in Knoxville? 15 hr Bipolar Hell 6
Tony Mcafee Cult leader 15 hr Bipolar Hell 9
Steve Phillips leaving WBIR for radio station i... (Sep '13) 17 hr KnoxKate 43
Amanda Hara Fri Hed Tall 1
•••
•••
•••

Knoxville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Knoxville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Knoxville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Knoxville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••