morristown promises fight over methad...

morristown promises fight over methadone clinic

There are 24 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Jun 4, 2007, titled morristown promises fight over methadone clinic. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

A Knoxville doctor wants to put a methadone clinic in Morristown, but many people say they don't want it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Becky M

Oak Grove, KY

#1 Jun 4, 2007
Methadone clinics work for people who use there treatment in the right way. Pregnant women who are addicted to opiates can get methadone treatment which is by far safer than oxycotin. So, the ones who say other wise are ignorant and need to do more research on this topic.
Cledith

Oak Grove, KY

#2 Jun 4, 2007
I believe methadone clinics are good for certian people, and certian cases. however I think they should reserve these clinics for those people only. I disagree when I hear of a young person who has been in the program for years.
Right Wing Lunatic

United States

#3 Jun 5, 2007
My cousin has been going to the methadone clinic for two years. He just uses them to get his methadone, which is basically dope. He's not even trying! The clinic doesn't care as long as they get their $90 a week.

“Its all about knowing what you”

Since: Feb 09

Knoxville, Tn

#4 Feb 13, 2009
Well I have researched the Methadone clinics because my husband is in one in knoxville Tn, so far its working out fine, I mean before he was searching out a pill now he can focus on more things. I am hoping this can save our marriage. I did see alot while enrolling him and listened to some people talk about how they would sell their take homes, so basicly its what the person wants, Ifthey use the clinic for what its intended for it can be a good thing, I however feel that the "Dr" and people who work there do not put alot into making sure the people are there for the right reasons which is sad. I think its set up completely wrong as well but either way my point is, if this county does have a problem with drug use, then it could be a good thing.
SHOOT M IN DA BACK

Miami, FL

#5 Feb 15, 2009
With Morristown having a HUGE population of ILLEGAL LATINS,they will need a huge clinic in time.WHY?Cause they bring the Heroin in.
Jackie

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Jan 21, 2010
This makes me furious! I work (I know crazy but yes I work) with babies in a NICU and see babies "trying" to withdrawal from this methadone that they say is better. When you have taken care of a baby that is having continuous seizures, can not breath on it's own (so it's on a ventilator), and we have to give it multiple narcotics so it can just stop seizing then you can say that someone is ignorant for believing otherwise. The clinics will tell you it is better to get your money, that is it. We have been out to numerous clinics to speak to people that no it is the same. An opiate is an opiate is an opiate!!! Guess what we have to give these babies when they are withdrawing....oh look at that it's opiates!! No long term studies have been done YET to see how these babies will grow up and function. I think the mother's of these babies should have to withdrawal with their baby if it is no big deal!! I love it when I can't even talk to the mother about her child because she can't even keep her eyes open due to her great prescription Methadone. I have no sympathy. This is my passion and I have been working to get new laws passed and will continue until it works!!! No women has the right to bring a child addicted to her drug of choice (whatever that drug is) into this world, period!!
Becky M wrote:
Methadone clinics work for people who use there treatment in the right way. Pregnant women who are addicted to opiates can get methadone treatment which is by far safer than oxycotin. So, the ones who say other wise are ignorant and need to do more research on this topic.
Main Vein

Strawberry Plains, TN

#7 Jan 21, 2010
SHOOT M IN DA BACK wrote:
With Morristown having a HUGE population of ILLEGAL LATINS,they will need a huge clinic in time.WHY?Cause they bring the Heroin in.
What heroin? It's not here yet.
I wish they'd hurry the hell up, these Oxy prices are ridiculous.
rooster

United States

#8 Feb 9, 2011


I've been in treatment for a while now.and its saved my life if you people can see me now. You wouldn't belive I'm the same person.instead of riding around dope sick spending everything I can bum on dope mostly all day everyday. I go to the clinic. Every morning on my way to a job I couldn't hold before. I am curently detoxing five millagrams a week. And hope to be off of it in the next couple months. Anyway its like any thing else urn going to have people abuse it and sell it. But if you really want the help it work it saved my life.....
Bonnie

Lincolnton, NC

#9 Jun 7, 2011
This is to jackie in case you eveer get back on here. Im not sure what kind of degree in nursing you have because you are totally wrong. First of all the clinic slowly gradually increases your dose from a very low amount until you find what amount works for you .... by doing this it is IMPOSSIBLE to get "high" off of your methadone dose so whoever your patient was that was nodding out lied to you shes either taking other drugs or buying extra methadone off the steets. And second of all that would explain why her baby had such a hard time with withdrawals bc that is not normal. Ive known numerous ppl have babies and they sure didnt do all that stuff. they were fine. they left the hospital in 3 days. Methadone is a great thing for ppl who are addicted to opiates and want to get off them. I can tell you've never done drugs and you obviously dont know anything about addiction, opiates, or methadone. Everyone in society thinks they know about addiction when they have NOOOO clue whatsoever. You cant just stop doing drugs bc if that was the case nobody would have addictions therefore methadone helps. From now on you should keep your mouth shut because despite what you THINK you know about methadone and addiction you are totally wrong.
im with stupid

Oak Ridge, TN

#10 Jun 7, 2011
Bonnie wrote:
This is to jackie in case you eveer get back on here. Im not sure what kind of degree in nursing you have because you are totally wrong. First of all the clinic slowly gradually increases your dose from a very low amount until you find what amount works for you .... by doing this it is IMPOSSIBLE to get "high" off of your methadone dose so whoever your patient was that was nodding out lied to you shes either taking other drugs or buying extra methadone off the steets. And second of all that would explain why her baby had such a hard time with withdrawals bc that is not normal. Ive known numerous ppl have babies and they sure didnt do all that stuff. they were fine. they left the hospital in 3 days. Methadone is a great thing for ppl who are addicted to opiates and want to get off them. I can tell you've never done drugs and you obviously dont know anything about addiction, opiates, or methadone. Everyone in society thinks they know about addiction when they have NOOOO clue whatsoever. You cant just stop doing drugs bc if that was the case nobody would have addictions therefore methadone helps. From now on you should keep your mouth shut because despite what you THINK you know about methadone and addiction you are totally wrong.
LMFAO...Impossible to get high off of your methadone dose??? Really? Can you further elaborate please...
Osama

Mission Viejo, CA

#11 Jun 7, 2011
shoot them in head and throw off boat.
im with stupid

Oak Ridge, TN

#12 Jun 7, 2011
lol..good one osama.. hopefully you dont have a loved one on drugs..Should they be shot too?
Osama

Mission Viejo, CA

#13 Jun 7, 2011
im with stupid wrote:
lol..good one osama.. hopefully you dont have a loved one on drugs..Should they be shot too?
Yes. I have big family though.
im with stupid

Oak Ridge, TN

#14 Jun 7, 2011
lol..ok cool. just wonderin
Osama

Mission Viejo, CA

#15 Jun 7, 2011
im with stupid wrote:
lol..ok cool. just wonderin
Buy a taser. It can fix ANYTHING very fast. Serious.
Pain Sufferer

Ooltewah, TN

#16 Jun 9, 2011
Jackie wrote:
This makes me furious! I work (I know crazy but yes I work) with babies in a NICU and see babies "trying" to withdrawal from this methadone that they say is better. When you have taken care of a baby that is having continuous seizures, can not breath on it's own (so it's on a ventilator), and we have to give it multiple narcotics so it can just stop seizing then you can say that someone is ignorant for believing otherwise. The clinics will tell you it is better to get your money, that is it. We have been out to numerous clinics to speak to people that no it is the same. An opiate is an opiate is an opiate!!! Guess what we have to give these babies when they are withdrawing....oh look at that it's opiates!! No long term studies have been done YET to see how these babies will grow up and function. I think the mother's of these babies should have to withdrawal with their baby if it is no big deal!! I love it when I can't even talk to the mother about her child because she can't even keep her eyes open due to her great prescription Methadone. I have no sympathy. This is my passion and I have been working to get new laws passed and will continue until it works!!! No women has the right to bring a child addicted to her drug of choice (whatever that drug is) into this world, period!!
<quoted text>
Thank you...you beat me to it. Methadone has a half life of 26 hours and the withdrawals are MUCH more horrible than coming off of oxycontin or a similar drug. I would rather see a baby that was coming off oxycontin than methadone....BUT the ideal situation is not having any drug addicted babies at all. I do know just a couple of women that were pregnant and on pain medication for severe back pain and they went to the high risk prenatal physician and did what he said to do. It sucked and they would have rather not have been on anything at all for their babies sake but when the pain was causing their BP to skyrocket the better option was pain meds and detoxing the baby afterwards rather than risking both lives with momma having a stroke from the hypertension. In those cases they were in a catch 22. The ones that are just abusing the medication when they are pregnant...that's another story. Makes me so mad!!
Pain Sufferer

Ooltewah, TN

#17 Jun 9, 2011
rooster wrote:
I've been in treatment for a while now.and its saved my life if you people can see me now. You wouldn't belive I'm the same person.instead of riding around dope sick spending everything I can bum on dope mostly all day everyday. I go to the clinic. Every morning on my way to a job I couldn't hold before. I am curently detoxing five millagrams a week. And hope to be off of it in the next couple months. Anyway its like any thing else urn going to have people abuse it and sell it. But if you really want the help it work it saved my life.....
That is AWESOME!! So glad it is working for you! Good luck in the future!!
Pain Sufferer

Ooltewah, TN

#18 Jun 9, 2011
Let me add that methadone clinics are good for the people that truly want to get off other drugs. It's just difficult to then get off the methadone. Like the previous poster said, they are decreasing him 5 mg a week...and that is the most a person can be decreased without wothdrawals. It takes MONTHS to get off methadone the right way but if it helps with a person's addiction to other meds then more power to you :)
jamie

Morristown, TN

#19 Jun 16, 2011
im not on, or going to a methadone clinic, but i have several friends that drive as far as georgia and boone<nc. as high as gas is, and that long drive after leaving the clinic where they dose you b4 you leave, i beleive this may be a little safer to keep fatalities for either the patient leaving or possibly the innocent family that accidentally gets hit head on.....so i would vote YES to a new clinic in M-town
former pill head

Morristown, TN

#20 Jul 21, 2011
SHOOT M IN DA BACK wrote:
With Morristown having a HUGE population of ILLEGAL LATINS,they will need a huge clinic in time.WHY?Cause they bring the Heroin in.
lol that's funny cuz i've been looking for some for about 5 years now and can't find heroin any where i figured it would be since its so much cheaper than the pain pills. BTW Latins bring in shitty brown tar, what we would get would be granulated white heroin most-likely

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy Matlock 18 min South Knox Hombre 9
The Knoxville News Sentinel Protest Daily 1 hr Lance Corporal Bubba 38
North Korea 5 hr South Knox Hombre 35
Tennessee Democrats 8 hr Bull Durham 82
Defense Secretary General Mattis at his Very Best 8 hr South Knox Hombre 1
keep a word , drop a word (Jan '13) 17 hr Alyssa76 166
Who is doing this 19 hr Lance Corporal Bubba 4

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages