Plans for Jeff. Co. megasite could at...

Plans for Jeff. Co. megasite could attract thousands of new jobs

There are 163 comments on the WBIR-TV story from Jan 9, 2013, titled Plans for Jeff. Co. megasite could attract thousands of new jobs. In it, WBIR-TV reports that:

Jefferson County leaders have a plan that they hope will attract a major automotive manufacturer to the area, that could provide thousands of new jobs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR-TV.

Cmon Now

Dandridge, TN

#129 Feb 4, 2013
Amun Ra wrote:
Wrong. I own the house and property on which I live. My parents actually live with me. I use the little bit of money generated from our small farm to help pay land taxes, property insurance, and my parents medical bills. I also work a regular job as well to pay the other bills and try to have a decent life as I take care of my folks. So don't come on here and make lofty assumptions about folks, cause you aren't always right. There are plenty of people in this county who aren't lazy and actually do a bit of work instead of looking for a handout from hardworking folk.
Wrong. You live in your momma and daddy's house. remember the 7 generations part ? I estimate the "taxes" on a 112 acre "farm to be around 1000.00 or probably less. The FARM, NOT the house. So you are confusing me, you are a farmer who makes less than 1000 per year ? That's a friggin hobby, dude. But you do it on a "farm" that probably appraises at 900K-1.3 mill? Please look deep into my eyes and doublecheck to see if I give a rats ass.
Actually I do, I am just playin devils advocate, so y'all can come up with BELIEVABLE reasons why they shouldn't take your farms. Because y'all ain't doing to good of a job if my ignorant ass can pick it apart.
Personally, if those of you who can actually prove you are even attempting to run a successful "farming" business. I am sorry if you are "sitting on a gold mine", twiddling your thumbs, taking discounts you don't deserve. Pay a fairer tax and I will back you 100%. But get a better story because you can't take protection for something you claim as worthless or non-profit producing. And for the, I predict 10% of actual farmers, I hate that you are taking heat for all the moochers. I do feel you are fixing to get screwed, because when they discount the non-actual farmers, you are going to be a severe minority.
As far as the argument of multiple generations on the land, taking advantage of the tax break, one comparison may be with the tennants of a "famous community " in chicago. They too felt diplaced when they were "forced" to move from their homeplace's of several generations. What was the name of that community ?
"They lamented the uprooting and scattering of that community, and worried about what would become of the residents who were being moved out of the old buildings to make way for new development." Now what was the name of that community ?
Anybody know ?
Amun Ra

Hermitage, TN

#130 Feb 5, 2013
Once again you make an assumption. I do have my own house and it was built not too far from my parents old house that we had torn down. I'm sure you can find plenty things more to fuss about and complain about. If the only reason you have to take someone's property is because they don't pay the kind of taxes you think they should then that's a sorry reason. Perhaps instead of bitching about it, you should have invested in some acreage where you could get these huge tax breaks, like us useless hobby farmers who don't produce anything of value. I'm sorry that there are people out there who take advantage of the system that was set up but until its changed that's how it'll be. Since you are so passionate about fair taxes, you need to convince others of your beliefs and run for county commission. I'm sure they could use a breath of fresh air like yourself.
Comon Now

Dandridge, TN

#131 Feb 5, 2013
"I'm sorry that there are people out there who take advantage of the system"

Gee, that says alot about you and your character. Sadly you would be outraged if someone on food stamps and crack said the same to you. Or maybe not ???

I think you want to play both ends of the rat turd, when it benefits YOU. Please cry for me, but don't touch my tax breaks, they are owed to me and I deserve them. Well there are a lot of people sucking off the government that feel the same way. Perhaps you were one of those children who always claimed all the toys and your parents just didn't want to train you to share. Do you have siblings ?

As far as reasons to take your property, I don't believe anyone should take property from another. Just the fact that they can claim progress and prosperity for the "greater good" of the county is ample reason for them (not me) to take your property. Unfortunately you just gave me a reason NOT to care.
As far as my investment in acreage, I took care of that almost 40 years ago, and while it took a while to pay for, I have it covered, thanks. But I don't farm my acreage so I chose to pay my fair share. Well granted that was a stupid decision, I have never regretted it until lately, because now I get to pay mine and yours and every other "system playing deadbeat".
And seeing my retirement dwindle to dog shit and my property taxes hemmoraging from every direction, I am tiring of all the people in the world wanting me to help, especially those who have had unfair advantages all along.
So how is that for a shitty little attitude ?
As far as commission, don't think so...a breath of fresh air won't help them. But for all you fine district 7 voters, hows that estes decision working for you now ?
Amun Ra

Charlotte, NC

#132 Feb 5, 2013
Well I guess we can just agree to disagree on the subject. As far as Estes, I don't have a clue as to how he got elected. He's a lot like Obama, he got elected but everyone you talk to says they didn't vote for him.
Oh yeah you finally got me dead to rights on being an only child and you're right, I didn't like sharing. Everybody always broke my toys when I shared so I generally left them in the packages and now they are worth money cause they ain't broke. Anyways you seem like a pretty smart individual. Maybe you and others in this county will get your way and all of us up here will lose our property and have to move elsewhere. I guess though you better hope they don't move into your neighborhood cause they did elect Estes so there is no telling who they might elect when they are in your district.
Dont call me brother

United States

#133 Feb 5, 2013
Comon Now wrote:
"I'm sorry that there are people out there who take advantage of the system"
Gee, that says alot about you and your character. Sadly you would be outraged if someone on food stamps and crack said the same to you. Or maybe not ???
I think you want to play both ends of the rat turd, when it benefits YOU. Please cry for me, but don't touch my tax breaks, they are owed to me and I deserve them. Well there are a lot of people sucking off the government that feel the same way. Perhaps you were one of those children who always claimed all the toys and your parents just didn't want to train you to share. Do you have siblings ?
As far as reasons to take your property, I don't believe anyone should take property from another. Just the fact that they can claim progress and prosperity for the "greater good" of the county is ample reason for them (not me) to take your property. Unfortunately you just gave me a reason NOT to care.
As far as my investment in acreage, I took care of that almost 40 years ago, and while it took a while to pay for, I have it covered, thanks. But I don't farm my acreage so I chose to pay my fair share. Well granted that was a stupid decision, I have never regretted it until lately, because now I get to pay mine and yours and every other "system playing deadbeat".
And seeing my retirement dwindle to dog shit and my property taxes hemmoraging from every direction, I am tiring of all the people in the world wanting me to help, especially those who have had unfair advantages all along.
So how is that for a shitty little attitude ?
As far as commission, don't think so...a breath of fresh air won't help them. But for all you fine district 7 voters, hows that estes decision working for you now ?
Is that you pal?..sure sounds like you. They're havin a meetin tomorrow evening about the megasite at 6pm. You should consider going.But you don't care bout farmers, so probably not.There's more to their land than greenbelt taxes. Bet your ornery arse that if you had a couple of big tracts, you'd be a greenbelter too.You could sit next to Slider n Amy and help them hold signs.
Just Saying

United States

#134 Feb 6, 2013
Dont call me brother wrote:
<quoted text> Is that you pal?..sure sounds like you. They're havin a meetin tomorrow evening about the megasite at 6pm. You should consider going.But you don't care bout farmers, so probably not.There's more to their land than greenbelt taxes. Bet your ornery arse that if you had a couple of big tracts, you'd be a greenbelter too.You could sit next to Slider n Amy and help them hold signs.
That has got to be sliders partner and the idiot coot from Baneberry who wants to tell everyone here how he wants them to live. He has no other life than to beach.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#135 Feb 6, 2013
Dont call me brother wrote:
<quoted text> Is that you pal?..sure sounds like you. They're havin a meetin tomorrow evening about the megasite at 6pm. You should consider going.But you don't care bout farmers, so probably not.There's more to their land than greenbelt taxes. Bet your ornery arse that if you had a couple of big tracts, you'd be a greenbelter too.You could sit next to Slider n Amy and help them hold signs.
The Sliders holds no signs,our farm is not for sale..yes we will be at the meeting tonight Sliders will speak c-mon out and see..

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#136 Feb 6, 2013
Land owner wrote:
We are not giving up our land without a fight. They have showed no respect for the land owners in this process. Mr Wagley from the chamber told one of our neighbors that land for a factory has higher purpose than farm land. I hope these GREEDY sob's can sleep at night. They might have launched the first round of the battle but now the war is on!
Why not build it at exit 407 where they is land sitting empty that has already been developed....
SlidersAlterEgo
“Save the Farm.”
Cmon Now

Dandridge, TN

#137 Feb 6, 2013
Amun Ra wrote:
Well I guess we can just agree to disagree on the subject. As far as Estes, I don't have a clue as to how he got elected. He's a lot like Obama, he got elected but everyone you talk to says they didn't vote for him.
Oh yeah you finally got me dead to rights on being an only child and you're right, I didn't like sharing. Everybody always broke my toys when I shared so I generally left them in the packages and now they are worth money cause they ain't broke. Anyways you seem like a pretty smart individual. Maybe you and others in this county will get your way and all of us up here will lose our property and have to move elsewhere. I guess though you better hope they don't move into your neighborhood cause they did elect Estes so there is no telling who they might elect when they are in your district.
Ya See we can agree on something, because while I am intelligent enough to know obama is not responsible for the mess we are in, I do not like him or feel he could manage a waffle house. But I would call barry a buddy before I would urinate down estes throat if his guts were on fire.
Please don't group me with "others in this county wanting your property. I have never said I want your property, nor that I want you to lose your property, I am playing mega devils advocate. Anyone who claims they fully support this project is a damn fool.(I.E.estes) The whole plan is a pipe dream that sounds great on the surface, but the warts haven't even begun to show themselves.
Do I think we should spend a few bucks to learn about it, what the hell. Would the county have better odds buying 600 grand in lotto tickets ? Why hell yes ! But the money we just wasted on schools isn't going to pay itself back. And I feel certain the people in
d 7 that "didn't vote for estes", didn't want the schools either.
But we got them didn't we. Somebody is lying somewhere.
As far as dead to right, even a blind squirrl gets a nut every now and then. But I will say this, take your damn toys out and play with them, or give them to a child that needs them. They won't make you rich because if they were worth that much you would have sold them and bought a 4 wheeler or a gun. Can't take them with you. And you might not be so sensitive.
As long as I can afford the taxes, they can't get close. And I guess a few more idiots won't make much difference. It ain't like I have seen a damn thing get thru commission, that made sense in the last ten years anyway.
Perhaps once this fiasco is over, the fine people of d 7 can show this type of enthusiasm and unity, in the replacement of that charlie brown looking, liberal, tax and spend, asswipe, waste of skin.
I would strongly suggest the people of d 7 start recruiting NOW, for candidateS in the next election. Yes it is an S.
Cmon Now

Dandridge, TN

#138 Feb 6, 2013
Make that D-9 instead of D-7. At least I caught it first. You had to say smart, didn't you...
cry-baby

New Market, TN

#139 Feb 7, 2013
Cmon Now wrote:
Make that D-9 instead of D-7. At least I caught it first. You had to say smart, didn't you...
Lol
get R done

United States

#140 Feb 7, 2013
Bring on the jobs needed and to pay the tax bills here. Come on baby get R done.
Really

New Market, TN

#141 Feb 7, 2013
get R done wrote:
Bring on the jobs needed and to pay the tax bills here. Come on baby get R done.
Really?
Never Happen

Dandridge, TN

#142 Feb 7, 2013
get R done wrote:
Bring on the jobs needed and to pay the tax bills here. Come on baby get R done.
They will spend / waste any and all revenues, if any, well before we collect them. I bet you that beeler, tuner, estes, griffith, all the w/p clowns and even marty are secretly meeting now to plan their bronze statues and where to build the commemorative park to place them.
48 cent rag

United States

#143 Feb 8, 2013
Welp, the head honcho Chief editor of the Substandard Banner has wieghed in on the subject. Not that he needed to anyways. He's like a three legged horse in horse race...pretty damned predictable,Except for my dumbass assumption that the Banner would stay half assed neutral in these atrocities to the taxpayers. I'm not all that suprised though.I've read that rag for the last few years and after the last page, I turn it upside down to see if the other side of a story is hidden in there somewhere. Maybe when they start charging a whole whopping buck for it, we might get the other side of a story. I feel guilty after paying fifty cents to hear the Editor spew his 2 cents. 48 cents overpriced.Yes....Really.
amigos

United States

#144 Feb 8, 2013
wee may lose some farm jobs but wee will get mor pay for the construction work and building the companees alone with the free houses in dandridge
when obama makes us citizens we will get the jobs there too.
thank you americanee government from all illegals
Really

New Market, TN

#145 Feb 8, 2013
amigos wrote:
wee may lose some farm jobs but wee will get mor pay for the construction work and building the companees alone with the free houses in dandridge
when obama makes us citizens we will get the jobs there too.
thank you americanee government from all illegals
Really?
The Drunken Indian

United States

#146 Feb 8, 2013
It again Friday nite.Great tales of mega build told in watering hole where I at. Indian glad save farm Elders know an speak of great tales of walking path on land of elder called sandwich Bill. Great path good to remember and keep. Place along Long water many Indian and white warrior stop to rest lay hands on great stone to please spirit. Must keep place not turn into white Palmerry greed. Indian know of great place on Sandwich Bill land. He study many hundred mile for elder Man with many knife. Indian to speak of great path if greed shows face at elder meeting.If path and secret place is desicrated bad spirit come to mega building.Must smoke cereminy pipe with sandwich bill and elder with old map jarnigen and Elder teacher who dresses like indian to keep lands of great spirits
OH this is so great

United States

#147 Feb 9, 2013
I can't wait till this is a reality, just think of property values going back up and jobs for everyone. Thank you to all who envisioned this, now make it reality.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#148 Feb 9, 2013
OH this is so great wrote:
I can't wait till this is a reality, just think of property values going back up and jobs for everyone. Thank you to all who envisioned this, now make it reality.
I agree!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tennessee ranks among states with highest STD r... (Nov '07) 58 min ThomasA 28
Arsenal Strength Training 2 hr CLblit 7
Gangs In Knoxville (Jun '16) 3 hr Eduardo 45
1st lady 3 hr Eduardo 3
hot girl at jets pizza pink hair 4 hr zach 1
South College in Knoxville (Oct '09) Feb 20 skj 99
How many have to die Feb 20 XXX 5

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages