First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Nov 11

Knoxville, TN

#1 Jan 30, 2012
Trying to find a knoxville clinic that is as liberal with meds as dr. frank at bearden??
A Friend Indeed

Nashville, TN

#2 Jan 30, 2012
Here is a good place to go for pills......
800 Howard Baker Jr Ave
Knoxville, Tennessee

Since: Aug 11

Redmond, OR

#3 Jan 30, 2012
Good gosh almighty...a person should get what they NEED not what they want. Go peddle your pill seeking a** somewhere else. It's hard enough for people with real pan to find a clinic that will truly help them without people just wanting to get a sh*t ton of drugs for recreational use or to sell. Liberal?? You mean "hands pills out like candy." That's not the way it should work and I am trying my best to get it changed.
bigT

Maryville, TN

#4 Jan 30, 2012
LOLOMGFOAD

Knoxville, TN

#5 Jan 30, 2012
ok let me rephrase liberal. you hit it right on the head when you said person should get what they need. what i WANT is to minimilize the pain. i am currently going to a clinic now. my MD has had me on the 30 mg oxycodone for 5 a day and i go to this place and they wont continue because they dont want to endanger their patients by writing those. if my md determined along with my input that those were keeping my pain tolerable then the new clinic isnt giving me what i need. so when i say liberal i guess someone that not afraid to prescribe what they feel may be the right treatment. so ive had to suffer this month. its just aggravating when we have tried several different medicines and determined that the 30 mg meets my pain level. as well as its affordable to pick up at the drug store with my insurance. not like the 82 bucks i spent this month and not getting any relief. so after several months of working with my md and having some quality of life its back to the beginning. if it aint broke why we trying to fix it. i am trying to be openminded with my new doc but it is hard when i am agonizing.

Ooltewah, TN

#6 Jan 30, 2012
Volfan1 wrote:
ok let me rephrase liberal. you hit it right on the head when you said person should get what they need. what i WANT is to minimilize the pain. i am currently going to a clinic now. my MD has had me on the 30 mg oxycodone for 5 a day and i go to this place and they wont continue because they dont want to endanger their patients by writing those. if my md determined along with my input that those were keeping my pain tolerable then the new clinic isnt giving me what i need. so when i say liberal i guess someone that not afraid to prescribe what they feel may be the right treatment. so ive had to suffer this month. its just aggravating when we have tried several different medicines and determined that the 30 mg meets my pain level. as well as its affordable to pick up at the drug store with my insurance. not like the 82 bucks i spent this month and not getting any relief. so after several months of working with my md and having some quality of life its back to the beginning. if it aint broke why we trying to fix it. i am trying to be openminded with my new doc but it is hard when i am agonizing.
My deepest apologizes for being so harsh. So many people get on here just looking to get as many as they want. It becomes extremely frustrating for the people who need it. Again, I'm sorry and best of luck. I'm sorry you are hurting.
bigT

Maryville, TN

#7 Jan 31, 2012
mean old biotch!

Crossville, TN

#8 Feb 4, 2012
so from the position ur in, if I am not satisfied with the care or medicine I am receiving and continue to suffer, if I were to try another clinic is that considered doctor shopping??I just want someone to take me serious when I discuss my pain. I really am more concern about quality of life and not buzzing. I have a good job and ain't trying to lose it over getting high. But when I'm missing work because I am so uncomfortable, there's a problem. I've told them this and they still aren't adjusting my meds to where I can focus. Thinking about looking somewhere else but don't want to get in any trouble. You know, I've done everything everybody asks but I stlill pay the price. Really frustrating!! Any thoughts ??
Yep

Warner Robins, GA

#9 Feb 4, 2012
Volfan1 wrote:
This is called addiction. Your old doctor was shut down and had his licence revoked because he was enabling it against the best judgment and knowledge of trained medical practitioners. Your new doctor is not meeting your needs because your new needs are that of an addict, not of someone who legitimately requires care.

The good news is that in a couple of months, you should be mostly detoxed. You will feel better then.
Yep

Warner Robins, GA

#10 Feb 4, 2012
Volfan1 wrote:
if I were to try another clinic is that considered doctor shopping??I just want someone to take me serious when I discuss my pain.
Yes. If you go to two or more doctors, both of which tell you that your pain is imaginary or part of an addiction, and you ignore them and continue to look for a doctor that will prescribe more high-power pills, this is most certainly considered doctor shopping. The fact that you already know this speaks volumes of your intentions.

Ooltewah, TN

#11 Feb 4, 2012
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. If you go to two or more doctors, both of which tell you that your pain is imaginary or part of an addiction, and you ignore them and continue to look for a doctor that will prescribe more high-power pills, this is most certainly considered doctor shopping. The fact that you already know this speaks volumes of your intentions.
The legal definition of doctor shopping in Tennessee is to "knowing and deceivingly" get 2 prescriptions from 2 different doctors within a 30 day period. So someone could get 2 prescriptions and not necessarily be doctor shopping by law. Every case has to be looked into to actually determine doctor shopping and the only person that can press charges is the doctor that writes the 2nd prescription. The one who writes the first one can't because the person hadn't broken the law when they got the first prescription. It is very detailed and specific when determining true doctor shopping.
bigT

Maryville, TN

#12 Feb 5, 2012
Come on over Pll Slut and we can play a little doctor.

United States

#13 Feb 5, 2012
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
You r a dumbass. No clue. So If your dr only wrote ultram and it didn't work for you wouldn't you go somewhere else to get help. Imaginary pain?? Thats what the mri's. are for. They show actual problems. you probably didn't know that. And because I know about doctor shopping you know my Intentions?? Only I know what intentions are. Just because I know there's a super bowl on tonite, does that automatically make me a football player. That's about as stupid as your whole input. PS thanks for your comments.. I'll figure it out and hopefully get my pain under control.
nope

Warner Robins, GA

#14 Feb 5, 2012
Volfan1 wrote:
<quoted text>So If your dr only wrote ultram and it didn't work for you wouldn't you go somewhere else to get help.
If I were pill shopping, sure.

If your doctor gave you ultram, it's because the doctor either knows your pain will be taken care of by ultram, or he knows you're pill-seeking. They're a lot smarter than you are, you know. They see what you're doing.

Ooltewah, TN

#15 Feb 5, 2012
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were pill shopping, sure.
If your doctor gave you ultram, it's because the doctor either knows your pain will be taken care of by ultram, or he knows you're pill-seeking. They're a lot smarter than you are, you know. They see what you're doing.
That is not always the case. Some doctors are just hesitant to write anything more than ultram because they are afraid of the DEA coming down on them. And a lot of doctors suspect EVERYBODY of being drug seekers because they don't understand chronic pain. Just because they are doctors does not mean they understand everything. I know many that don't. Many nurses that don't understand chronic pain either. It is not always as easy as black and white.

Ooltewah, TN

#16 Feb 5, 2012
Volfan1 wrote:
so from the position ur in, if I am not satisfied with the care or medicine I am receiving and continue to suffer, if I were to try another clinic is that considered doctor shopping??I just want someone to take me serious when I discuss my pain. I really am more concern about quality of life and not buzzing. I have a good job and ain't trying to lose it over getting high. But when I'm missing work because I am so uncomfortable, there's a problem. I've told them this and they still aren't adjusting my meds to where I can focus. Thinking about looking somewhere else but don't want to get in any trouble. You know, I've done everything everybody asks but I stlill pay the price. Really frustrating!! Any thoughts ??
If you are in a clinic and they wrote you a 30 day supply then generally you cannot get a prescription from another clinic for 28-30 days. It sucks but that's how it is. Otherwise people who are going for the wrong reason would be switching a lot saying their pain meds at the previous place wasn't working. The best way to handle it is make an appointment and take your leftover meds to the new place so they can see you have the appropriate amount left and can document disposal of them. Or write something to go with them. There are different ways they can handle it. But always be up front and honest about what you are on and what you have gotten.
Earl Keese III

“ playin' y'all like a fiddle”

Since: Jun 11

Knoxville, TN

#17 Feb 6, 2012
it figures, a pain clinic thread always attracts your rancid azz.
SpecialEdEarl

Sevierville, TN

#18 Feb 6, 2012
Earl Keese III wrote:
it figures, a pain clinic thread always attracts your rancid azz.
Why wouldn't it? It's what she does for a living. You're not so smart, are you? I know its difficult for you, but try to keep up, Earl. m'kay?
Oops

Maryville, TN

#19 Feb 6, 2012
Ms. PS Here was present and represented by an Attorney of the Nashville Bar. Attorneys represented the State. It was moved to find facts #3-16 with the corrections of minor date changes in the NOC true. Then seconded. Motion carried unanimously. It was moved the violation of T.C.A. 63-7-115 (a)(1)(C)(F) and Board Rules and 1000-1-.13(1)(u)(w) and 1004-.09(1)(a)(c). Motion
seconded. Motion carried unanimously. Disciplinary action is as follows. Both the RN license and the APN certificate were REVOKED. Three Type A Civil Penalties of $1000 each were imposed. Court costs not to exceed $5,000 were assessed. Policy statement: Dr. declared Ms. PS Hereís prescribing practice was not in accordance to laws and rules and the disciplinary action taken was to protect the safety and welfare of the public. Motion accepted and seconded. The motion carried unanimously. Motion for reconsideration and motion to stay were proposed by respondentís attorney. Both motions were denied by unanimous vote of the Board members.
Vek

Sevierville, TN

#20 Feb 6, 2012
Oops wrote:
Ms. PS Here was present and represented by an Attorney of the Nashville Bar. Attorneys represented the State. It was moved to find facts #3-16 with the corrections of minor date changes in the NOC true. Then seconded. Motion carried unanimously. It was moved the violation of T.C.A. 63-7-115 (a)(1)(C)(F) and Board Rules and 1000-1-.13(1)(u)(w) and 1004-.09(1)(a)(c). Motion
seconded. Motion carried unanimously. Disciplinary action is as follows. Both the RN license and the APN certificate were REVOKED. Three Type A Civil Penalties of $1000 each were imposed. Court costs not to exceed $5,000 were assessed. Policy statement: Dr. declared Ms. PS Hereís prescribing practice was not in accordance to laws and rules and the disciplinary action taken was to protect the safety and welfare of the public. Motion accepted and seconded. The motion carried unanimously. Motion for reconsideration and motion to stay were proposed by respondentís attorney. Both motions were denied by unanimous vote of the Board members.
Are you really proud of yourself now? We all know PS made some mistakes in the past. Its public knowledge. EVERYONE is guilty of making poor decisions at some point in their lifetime. Except YOU, of course! To drag someone's past indiscretions out into a public forum is in poor taste, especially when this person has already paid their debt to society in full and has put it behind them and made strides to move on with their life in the best way they know how. She has openly admitted her mistakes (not that she even had to) and continues to contribute to society by helping people in the best way she knows how. There is no mistaking her heart is in the right place. Now that being said, what have YOU done lately? Besides trying to bring a good intentioned person down in order to falsely build your own self up?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knoxville or Asheville? (Sep '10) 4 hr Just Saying 14
The Knoxville News Sentinel Protest Daily 12 hr Anapus Poore 11
Ogle, Elrod and Baril (Mar '13) 15 hr Suzie P 48
Do you smell that? 16 hr South Knox Hombre 9
Shooting on Whittle Springs Rd Sun cletus 2
keep a word , drop a word (Jan '13) Sun Amy 116
News Owners of Knoxville Tire Shop ArrestedFriday, M... Sun South Knox Hombre 6

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance