Former Roane County resident in feder...

Former Roane County resident in federal custody

There are 3246 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Aug 19, 2007, titled Former Roane County resident in federal custody. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

The Rhea County Sheriff's Department is investigating what it calls a "suspicious" death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

Report Em

United States

#3297 Jul 14, 2012
umakemesick wrote:
how does a man get 20 years for drugs and 15 for murder???
Did you ever wonder what truth could have come outin that murder trial if the authorities were not successful in getting Daniel to plea out?

Incentives such as "only 15 years" which is the minimum)for 2nd degree murder is was was used to get him to plea out.

So what happened to the 1st degree murder charge you might ask? The authorities "wanted" it reduced to 2nd degree murder so they could give him the very minimum. These are the same authorities that call Daniel Hampton a monster. Is this what they offer monsters? Yes, it is!

I believe the plea deal was offered it to him by the authorities to keep certain information from coming out in trial that would not make them look good, and that would show were they put both Faye and her children in harms way in the course of their investigation of Hamption. During that investigation, Faye (a Victim of emotional and physical abuse) should not have been intimidated to be a snitch. And Daniel's mother who had custody of the children at the time should not have been allowed by the Dept. of Child Services to be living in Daniels house with all those guns and drugs. If the kids were not there, Faye would not have been there. She would have been with her kids.

Why was Daniel's mother ever given custody of the children anyway, and then allowed to remain living in the house with that monster?

Why wasn't Daniel arrested long before he was? If he was, Faye would not have been murdered by him.

The County of Roane does not appear to have wanted this and other facts to come out in a murder trial.

So a plea deal of 15 years on a second degree murder charge was the answer the authorities had for that monster, and to hell with justice for Faye and her family!

Meanwhile, O'Neal was sentenced to life in prison on a trumped up drug charge and is now waiting a trial date for the Aug. 2007 murder of Boone Cofer, that he and many others say he did not commit.

Boone Cofer was shot in the head 2 weeks before Daniel Hampton shot Faye in the head. Both murder victims were snitches for the cops. Daniel clearly shot Faye, but who killed Boone and why? Many locals said two guys bragged about it, including the girlfriends of both of them at the time.

Prior to these two murders a local corrupt judge was arrested on unrelated charges and sent to prison for a few years. A new Sheriff came on board and the old on was labeled "incompetent" by the administration when corrupt would probably have been a more accurate depiction. Everyone is suppose to forget about what all happened back then..., everyone except for O'Neal. O'Neal is expected to accept a false murder charge and every other judicial sabotage under the sun without proper legal counsel and be perfectly happy about it! LOL

You asked how did Hampton get 20 years for drugs and weapons and 15 for murder? I hope I have helped you to understand how that can happen.

Now I'm asking how O'Neal got life in prison for drugs? Then when the Fair Sentencing Act memo came done out of Congress in May 2009 to all federal prosecutors, Roane County charges him with murdering Boone when it does not appear that they even believe he murdered Boone Cofer. I believe they know who murdered Boone and they even arrested the two guys in 2009. But they indicted O'Neal. Such a violent crime would make O'Neal ineligible for any sentencing relief from the Fair Sentencing Act. How convenient was that? Very convenient!

I'm also asking how a murder charge can be held over his head to sabotage them on an appeal on the federal drug charge if O'Neal has never been taken to trial or found guilty of the murder charge?

It is unbelievable such things are allowed to occur. The judicial system in East Tennessee prompts a lot of questions in my mind!

With regard to Daniel Hampton's plea deal and sentence, that was just downright wrong! They should be ashamed!
Report Em

United States

#3298 Jul 14, 2012
Correction to the 3rd paragraph form the bottom of prior post:

"I'm also asking how a murder charge can be held over O'Neal's head to sabotage "HIM" on his appeal on the federal drug charge if he has never been taken to trial or found guilty of the murder charge?"

And additional thought to post:

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? The language "accused murder" was used by the federal prosecutor in O'Neal's appeal of the federal drug charge even though Roane County has failed to take O'Neal to trial on the murder charge of which O'Neal and many others say he is innocent.

By the way, what is Lonnie Wright and Wayne McClure up to these days? On the streets? That's what I heard? WOW, this is really nice police work! LOL!
Info

United States

#3299 Aug 12, 2012
Just saw on the Internet that Lonnie Wright got put in jail a few days ago on a federal charge. He's in Blount County jail. Do I smell a plea deal? Some get all the breaks! Wonder what is so special about this guy?
very_sad

Morrison, TN

#3300 Aug 20, 2012
I just wanted to post and let people know that I know alot of these people that are being talked about and first of all I can tell you that nothing good comes from drugs,you will never have nothing good come from things like this,it always ends in a sad mess.im so sorry for faye and her kids and I will say he is a pretty evil person but I can not say alot about him because I have never seen the guy lay a hand on anybody,all I have ever heard was rumor from others,but I did use to cross paths with him when he was a younger,maybe in his late teens and the way he carried hiself and the way he acted I would say he was evil,he tried at one time to make a fight with me and then we all went our ways as the law was about to show up,but he has always been slick and knowing how to talk to the law and judges,I always paid the price when I got locked up and had court but enough said there.the other people that was brought up was o'neal,yeah he is a smooth talker to but I always thought he was a pretty decent guy and I really was suprised that he was charged for a murder,I mean he mite have pettled a little drugs but not like daniel did,anyway I hope him luck and I know the cofer family and I hate that this happened to their family and when I say this im not trying to get anything at all started with anyone and also im not going to put alot of info as where it come from but I was in the county jail some yrs ago and meet a pretty decent guy there and he was the jailer anyway after all this had went down and happened I had run into him at the grocery store and he no longer works for the police dept. But I ask him if they had any clue to had done this and he told me it was a lonnie dale wright and boyde wayne mclure,anyway I know of both these guys also which really surprised me about lonnie,I mean he carried hiself like daniel but I never would think he would do anything like that but as far as the mclure guy I can't really tell you if I would believe it about him or not,I mean he always spoke what few times I run across him but I never had dealing with him and I was always told to stay away from that bunch,but I never will forget what that jailer told me and I have never told it till now but I think they mite have the wrong guy also,I have nothing to gain or lose by telling any lies and I would never tell anybody face to face because im a little scared of this county I live in also,I don't want my family hurt in any way,but I hope it all comes out one day because that's a cold way to go,nobody deserves to be shot like a old dying dog on side of the road,its sad about all the deaths and what is behind it all,drugs.I hope if I can just reach out and touch base with just one person right now that mite be going down the same path and they see their future in the drug business,here it is,this is what comes from drugs,nothing good.god bless all
Gina

United States

#3301 Aug 23, 2012
Has Oneal even been to trial over this murder case yet? Its been quite some time now..what ever happen to a right to a speedy trial? what are "they" waiting on? makes you wonder..
Wonders

United States

#3302 Aug 27, 2012
Wow cant believe this forum is still going ! I guess its good that people havent forgot
joe

Ardsley, NY

#3303 Aug 27, 2012
very_sad wrote:
I just wanted to post and let people know that I know alot of these people that are being talked about and first of all I can tell you that nothing good comes from drugs,you will never have nothing good come from things like this,it always ends in a sad mess.im so sorry for faye and her kids and I will say he is a pretty evil person but I can not say alot about him because I have never seen the guy lay a hand on anybody,all I have ever heard was rumor from others,but I did use to cross paths with him when he was a younger,maybe in his late teens and the way he carried hiself and the way he acted I would say he was evil,he tried at one time to make a fight with me and then we all went our ways as the law was about to show up,but he has always been slick and knowing how to talk to the law and judges,I always paid the price when I got locked up and had court but enough said there.the other people that was brought up was o'neal,yeah he is a smooth talker to but I always thought he was a pretty decent guy and I really was suprised that he was charged for a murder,I mean he mite have pettled a little drugs but not like daniel did,anyway I hope him luck and I know the cofer family and I hate that this happened to their family and when I say this im not trying to get anything at all started with anyone and also im not going to put alot of info as where it come from but I was in the county jail some yrs ago and meet a pretty decent guy there and he was the jailer anyway after all this had went down and happened I had run into him at the grocery store and he no longer works for the police dept. But I ask him if they had any clue to had done this and he told me it was a lonnie dale wright and boyde wayne mclure,anyway I know of both these guys also which really surprised me about lonnie,I mean he carried hiself like daniel but I never would think he would do anything like that but as far as the mclure guy I can't really tell you if I would believe it about him or not,I mean he always spoke what few times I run across him but I never had dealing with him and I was always told to stay away from that bunch,but I never will forget what that jailer told me and I have never told it till now but I think they mite have the wrong guy also,I have nothing to gain or lose by telling any lies and I would never tell anybody face to face because im a little scared of this county I live in also,I don't want my family hurt in any way,but I hope it all comes out one day because that's a cold way to go,nobody deserves to be shot like a old dying dog on side of the road,its sad about all the deaths and what is behind it all,drugs.I hope if I can just reach out and touch base with just one person right now that mite be going down the same path and they see their future in the drug business,here it is,this is what comes from drugs,nothing good.god bless all
I know you speak from knowledge and from the heart. Thanks for sharing. I'd be interested in the name of that jailer.
Stinks

Oak Ridge, TN

#3304 Sep 18, 2012
Is there anything we can do with all of this corruption?
Diane

Kingston, TN

#3305 Oct 8, 2012
Stinks wrote:
Is there anything we can do with all of this corruption?
nothing can be done it just keeps going on everyday. as for Daniel I get letters from him about 2 times a week he tells a completely different story about what happened but im sure it doesnt matter any more
Fayes Dad

Columbia, SC

#3306 Nov 13, 2012
Daniel is in prison by his own hands. If I live 2 see him free he will pay 4 Fayes death. Yes this me and I wait 2 get my hands on my soninlaw .
vicki stover

Sevierville, TN

#3307 Feb 27, 2013
Wow u people should be ashamed of yalls self. I am the mother of his daughter and believe it or not he is a great guy, just got caught up in the dope game like many people do. People change and putting them behind bars without rehabilitation is not the answer for his crime. His name was already drug threw the mud so the way I see it get it how ya live Rich i love you always havw and always will. You are talented in so many ways and you will beat this shine on these lame ass people. Hope for change instead of throwing someone under the bus. Thats whats wrong with the world today. Brazi and aryia love you no matter what you do babe. Along with your other children. You are their hero and am mine as well. Keep your head up i know we will be seeing you soon.... cant wait.... love you richie rich
vicki stover

Sevierville, TN

#3308 Feb 27, 2013
Roane county wil get what they deserve google Victoria Stover roane county check out my lawsuit
vicki stover

Sevierville, TN

#3309 Feb 27, 2013
itsabout time wrote:
Yeah!! Finally!!! After todays sentencing, ole Big D finally found out that he IS NOT ABOVE THE LAW!!
freedom is almost there for richard and i will be there to see it... live you rich
cromwell

United States

#3310 Mar 1, 2013
I bought a lot of pot of of daniel hampton years ago. He allways seemed to know when where and what the cops were up to at all times. He and tommy austin were allways conspiring to move dope in rockwood and harriman.
Hater

Oak Ridge, TN

#3313 Jan 29, 2015
Is people really still wandering if hes innocent ? Daniel has done plenty of bad things in his life , so why was this such a shocker ? Daniel is right where he needs to be !
STFU

Charleston, TN

#3314 Jan 29, 2015
Hater wrote:
Is people really still wandering if hes innocent ? Daniel has done plenty of bad things in his life , so why was this such a shocker ? Daniel is right where he needs to be !
No one cares but you. This thread was dead for 2yrs until you came along.
Hater

Oak Ridge, TN

#3315 Jan 30, 2015
STFU wrote:
<quoted text>
No one cares but you. This thread was dead for 2yrs until you came along.
Why dont you do just that !! STFU !!!!!

Are you just stupid or are you one of his dumb friends ?
STFU

Charleston, TN

#3316 Jan 30, 2015
Hater wrote:
<quoted text>Why dont you do just that !! STFU !!!!!

Are you just stupid or are you one of his dumb friends ?
I'm a f'ing prick. I don't know any of you nor do I wish too. Now STFU.
Hater

Oak Ridge, TN

#3317 Jan 31, 2015
Its obvious your a prick ! Learn some manners !
STFU

United States

#3318 Jan 31, 2015
Hater wrote:
Its obvious your a prick ! Learn some manners !
Do the letters FY mean anything to you. Now STFU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wbir/abby ham (Dec '11) 8 hr Ted Hall 203
Heather Haley 8 hr Jussaying 1
cocaine Mon rustyshackleford 9
Where's all the good single men over 40? (Apr '15) Mon Lookmeup 30
deuces wild club (Dec '08) Mon Shorty 50 91
Super8 motel on merchants Mon Again 9
Lack of high school basketball coverage Mon Bearden fan 6

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages