Why can not Knox County Provide its o...

Why can not Knox County Provide its on Ambulance Service and EMS

Posted in the Knoxville Forum

foxyknoxy

Knoxville, TN

#1 Nov 28, 2012
Knox county should look at smaller counties around them and even larger cities, they could provide there own ambulance service to us residents and probably a better service.

The current providers in Knox County works without a proper dispatch center and proper navigation to residence. I have seen them use map books to find addresses inside the city.

Yes, I remember AMR being awarded the recommendation and the contract awarded to a different provider. The equipment the providers will be using should be a large part of the contract. Outdated equipment and no navigation should not be happening in a city this large.

But, I do thank the paramedics and emts that serve us in knox county and either way the contract goes, I am sure they will still serve us.
foxyknoxy

Knoxville, TN

#2 Nov 29, 2012
OK once again the committe recommended rual metro but yet made no condition of equipment or protocols for treatment.

No navigation, no centralized dispatch are these people really wanting my vote.

For a person holding a doctorate degree, I will be running for office and truly representing all the people. Evidently this knox county board stopped doing that.

Medical Directors, which medical directors did they use. From surrounding counties? Which counties? Rual Metro Medical Directors from other counties? County based services? Poor reporting or very little information.

Did rural metro up the annie? offering navigation, more ambulances, better customer service?

This is a joke and they need to reappoint the the advisory board. They should also be open with who they consulted.
Hayden B

Knoxville, TN

#3 Dec 6, 2012
I completely agree. I have asked the same question for quite a while. Most of these counties in surrounding Knox County have government EMS departments that provide primary EMS services for the county.
-Anderson County
-Sevier County
-Hamilton County
-Roane County
-Morgan County
-Jefferson County
-Campbell County
-Bradley County
I ride along with Anderson County EMS and their quality of care is just as good if not better than that provided by a private EMS company.
foxyknoxy

Knoxville, TN

#4 Dec 11, 2012
Knox County board needs to be told; not good enough.... by the people.

I do not mind who serves the county although I believe it is to the county to provide the service. But the service is not adequate.

My questions are?
Why is there no navigation systems in the ambulances with a geographic area like know county.

Why is the calls being transferred from 911 to another dispatch and this delays time.

It is not against the ambulance service but what they can provide in service. Knox County needs to remember it is not about the lowest bid but the best bid.

And now FoxyKnoxy will crawl back to the den.

Other than starting to harp on why knox county does not do more historical protection and better road repairs. The roads are getting into a state of disrepair. Gay Street Pavers at intersections are litterally sinking into the ground below. Once again showing lowest but not best bid.

The interstate excahnages are nothing more than a patch work of work.

We can do better than this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gangs In Knoxville (Jun '16) 1 hr The Truth 44
South College in Knoxville (Oct '09) Mon skj 99
How many have to die Mon XXX 5
Wbir/Heather Haley Sun Pretty sure 20
wbir/abby ham (Dec '11) Feb 19 Tim 210
Lady Vols Feb 19 Tor Johnson 18
SAVE THE SNOWFLAKES Charity please give generously Feb 18 Just Saying 10

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance