Don't Say Gay Bill Should Not Be Passed

There are 20 comments on the Apr 18, 2012, Chattanoogan.com story titled Don't Say Gay Bill Should Not Be Passed. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Senator Stacy Campfield, who resides in Knoxville, has been pushing his "Don't Say Gay" bill for the past few years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#21 Apr 20, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
Thank you Ms. Juday. This is a well stated and well thought out piece.
Will anybody listen???
Can anybody there still READ?
U.S.

Bowie, MD

#22 Apr 20, 2012
disaster in the making wrote:
[QUOTE who="U.S."]<quote d text>
I hope you do know God...however,just because Im not a homeosexual or condone that lifestyle & dont want that garbage pushed down my kids throat sure dont mean that I dont know God. I feel very sad for you because obviously you are confused.Guess who the author of confusion is? Satan. "

no one it trying to shove anything down anyone's throat, but accurate information should be made available for those who do want it.
I guess Tennessee will be the known as Ignorant state
If ignorant means not teaching my kids about your sick,perverted lifestyle~then by all means...TN can be stupid,as you call it. Adam & Eve thought they were really being deprived too by not being able to eat of the tree of knowledge...LooK where that got us!!

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#23 Apr 20, 2012
If ignorant means not teaching my kids about your sick,perverted lifestyle~then by all means...TN can be stupid,as you call it. Adam & Eve thought they were really being deprived too by not being able to eat of the tree of knowledge...LooK where that got us!![/QUOTE]

No, ignorant means believing myths really happened and believing real people are myths.

Location hidden

#24 Apr 20, 2012
If ignorant means not teaching my kids about your sick,perverted lifestyle~then by all means...TN can be stupid,as you call it. Adam & Eve thought they were really being deprived too by not being able to eat of the tree of knowledge...LooK where that got us!![/QUOTE]

Actually, I think you want my "lifestyle" ... if you could live it with your girlfriend/wife.

What you DON'T want is for me to love who I love.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#25 Apr 20, 2012

On that, you do realize that the Adam and Eve myth is as silly as Hansel and Gretel, and far more fantastical. It also betrays just how sadistic your god is. That's the type of character you would rather kids learn about?

Let's see, gay people doing the same thing straight people do, loving, holding hands, smiling, laughing, caring for other people ....
.... or ....
... a dark, sadistic, twisted, and violent god who likes to condemn people for what he had planned out and what he created as an excuse to do so.

Gay people sound pretty cool when you compare them to your god.

Location hidden

#26 Apr 20, 2012
Thanks Doll!

**hugz**

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

#27 Apr 20, 2012
you got a hug from me too Kitten
U.S.

United States

#28 Apr 21, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
If ignorant means not teaching my kids about your sick,perverted lifestyle~then by all means...TN can be stupid,as you call it. Adam & Eve thought they were really being deprived too by not being able to eat of the tree of knowledge...LooK where that got us!! "

On that, you do realize that the Adam and Eve myth is as silly as Hansel and Gretel, and far more fantastical. It also betrays just how sadistic your god is. That's the type of character you would rather kids learn about?

Let's see, gay people doing the same thing straight people do, loving, holding hands, smiling, laughing, caring for other people ....
.... or ....
... a dark, sadistic, twisted, and violent god who likes to condemn people for what he had planned out and what he created as an excuse to do so.

Gay people sound pretty cool when you compare them to your god.
You obviously havent met my God ; he heals the blind,the deaf,makes the lame walk,heals the broken,He is a Father to the Fatherless,He makes a way-when there doesnt seem to be one,He loves the unloveable,He is full of mercy,compassion,kindness.He is patient,forgiving & He loves all of you so much that He freely gave up his life on a cross...for all of our sins. Here is the deal though...when you deny God,dont care what He thinks,feels,allows...you are shutting him out. Its like having a bank full of money,but not signing any papers to get access to your account. We all have to come to a place in our life when we have to make a decision of what we are going to do with Jesus. Yes,He has laws/rules...but so does this world.When you are in a relationship,is your partner ok with you not caring what they want,think,believe? God/Jesus...is all the way to the top of the command chain,the authority...there is no higher power than them. So why are you fighting against them? They love you,more than we humans are even capable of. Your answer to your question of do I want my kids to have the character of Jesus? Absolutely...more than anything in this world.I dont know why you are angry with God & its none of my business & I want to apologize to all of you for not being a better representative of Jesus,I know alot of christians fail to let their light shine,& I ask on their behalf that you forgive them too because we are only human,many of us are not mature in our faith & forget what God has done for us. Im full of mistakes,thats why I needed Jesus to die for my sins. He died for you too.
U.S.

United States

#29 Apr 21, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
I hope you do know God...however,just because Im not a homeosexual or condone that lifestyle & dont want that garbage pushed down my kids throat sure dont mean that I dont know God. I feel very sad for you because obviously you are confused.Guess who the author of confusion is? Satan. "

I am not garbage. I am not confused. I know that God loves all His children.

You don't know anythingn except hate. Sad.
You are right,you are not garbage...but the choices that you make are against everything that I believe & is against God.If the whole world decided to be gay,the world would eventually be empty. God does love you & every person in this world.We cant make up our on rules & make God accept them.Neither can we decide just because we want to speed,not wear a seat belt,nor obtain a license,or pay for insurance,disrespect other vehicles on the highway, & disobey traffic signs etc...& then convince the cops/judge...that its ok.

Location hidden

#30 Apr 21, 2012
You obviously havent met my God ; he heals the blind,the deaf,makes the lame walk,heals the broken,He is a Father to the Fatherless,He makes a way-when there doesnt seem to be one,He loves the unloveable,He is full of mercy,compassion,kindness.He is patient,forgiving & He loves all of you so much that He freely gave up his life on a cross...for all of our sins. Here is the deal though...when you deny God,dont care what He thinks,feels,allows...you are shutting him out. Its like having a bank full of money,but not signing any papers to get access to your account. We all have to come to a place in our life when we have to make a decision of what we are going to do with Jesus. Yes,He has laws/rules...but so does this world.When you are in a relationship,is your partner ok with you not caring what they want,think,believe? God/Jesus...is all the way to the top of the command chain,the authority...there is no higher power than them. So why are you fighting against them? They love you,more than we humans are even capable of. Your answer to your question of do I want my kids to have the character of Jesus? Absolutely...more than anything in this world.I dont know why you are angry with God & its none of my business & I want to apologize to all of you for not being a better representative of Jesus,I know alot of christians fail to let their light shine,& I ask on their behalf that you forgive them too because we are only human,many of us are not mature in our faith & forget what God has done for us. Im full of mistakes,thats why I needed Jesus to die for my sins. He died for you too.[/QUOTE]

Show me one case of a healed amputee having a limb fully restored.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#31 Apr 21, 2012
You obviously havent met my God ; he heals the blind,the deaf,makes the lame walk,heals the broken,He is a Father to the Fatherless,He makes a way-when there doesnt seem to be one,He loves the unloveable,He is full of mercy,compassion,kindness.He is patient,forgiving & He loves all of you so much that He freely gave up his life on a cross...for all of our sins. Here is the deal though...when you deny God,dont care what He thinks,feels,allows...you are shutting him out. Its like having a bank full of money,but not signing any papers to get access to your account. We all have to come to a place in our life when we have to make a decision of what we are going to do with Jesus. Yes,He has laws/rules...but so does this world.When you are in a relationship,is your partner ok with you not caring what they want,think,believe? God/Jesus...is all the way to the top of the command chain,the authority...there is no higher power than them. So why are you fighting against them? They love you,more than we humans are even capable of. Your answer to your question of do I want my kids to have the character of Jesus? Absolutely...more than anything in this world.I dont know why you are angry with God & its none of my business & I want to apologize to all of you for not being a better representative of Jesus,I know alot of christians fail to let their light shine,& I ask on their behalf that you forgive them too because we are only human,many of us are not mature in our faith & forget what God has done for us. Im full of mistakes,thats why I needed Jesus to die for my sins. He died for you too.[/QUOTE]

You got that almost right. Being Angry with God is not the problem, since many of us have wonderful relationships with God. It's His children who would use Him to condemn and demean others that make us angry.

You see, those "rules" you talk about are really basic....

Love HIM with everything you've got...EVERYTHING!!!!

And love EVERYONE!!!

No judgement, no meanness, no ignoring need...just from your heart love.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#33 Apr 21, 2012

Really? You'd think if something like that happened not only would it make headlines, the scientific communities would be all over it trying to figure out how it happened. When you have actual, solid evidence, then you can assert your god as being real, otherwise it's just a bunch of mythology that you like to force onto other people.

Keep your religious myths out of everyone's life and we could get along, keep pushing it onto other people and pretending you know it's fact and I'll regard you as nothing but a schizophrenic sadist.

“Nirvana”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#34 Apr 21, 2012
so, is this an actual bill to prevent the use of the word gay?
or a gay rights bill?
bigT

Knoxville, TN

#35 Apr 21, 2012
Who's Bill?

“Nirvana”

Location hidden

#36 Apr 21, 2012
bigT wrote:
Who's Bill?
I don't know, just don't pass him,:)
bigT

Knoxville, TN

#37 Apr 21, 2012
Or call him gay.

“Nirvana”

Location hidden

#38 Apr 21, 2012
bigT wrote:
Or call him gay.
yeah, thats right
dare you to run past Bill & call out gay

Location hidden

#39 Apr 22, 2012
Gay Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that almost right. Being Angry with God is not the problem, since many of us have wonderful relationships with God. It's His children who would use Him to condemn and demean others that make us angry.
You see, those "rules" you talk about are really basic....
Love HIM with everything you've got...EVERYTHING!!!!
And love EVERYONE!!!
No judgement, no meanness, no ignoring need...just from your heart love.
Ever read any of the OTHER books in the Jewish canon, the Sapiential Works ?

http://jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/14951-...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Books_of_Wisdom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Wisdom

In particular:

Wisdom 11: 25-26

"25 For Thou lovest all things that are, and hatest none of the things which Thou hast made: for Thou didst not appoint, or make any thing hating it.

26 And how could any thing endure, if thou wouldst not? or be preserved, if not called by Thee.

27 But Thou sparest all: because they are Thine, O Lord, Who lovest souls."

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#40 Apr 22, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
In particular:
"25 For Thou lovest all things that are, and hatest none of the things which Thou hast made: for Thou didst not appoint, or make any thing hating it.
26 And how could any thing endure, if thou wouldst not? or be preserved, if not called by Thee.
Words that are food for the soul. Thank you.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Westland , MI

#41 Apr 22, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
In particular:
I went with one of my Cerebral Palsied students to two years of classes so he could make his Bar Mitzvah. The message was all about love, self-awareness, care for others, forgiveness....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
halls crossroads 3 hr concerned 1
Stop GWEN Towers in our area. 3 hr No GWEN Towers 1
Attractive white male seeks chocolate love 5 hr Reality 2
Pilot / Flying J corporate office 5 hr hmmmmm 4
Where's all the good single men over 40? 9 hr BrokenOne 4
Knoxville BBB is worthless 18 hr consumer 1
bus driver Fri knox county bus d... 1
More from around the web

Knoxville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE