wbir cheryl scott
bigT

Knoxville, TN

#105 Aug 24, 2011
Who cares.
bigT

Knoxville, TN

#106 Aug 24, 2011
It wasn't me who just said that.
bigT

Knoxville, TN

#107 Aug 24, 2011
I think she is a very lovely person who does her job very well....And anyone who disagrees is probably jealous of her...But you are entitled to form your own opinion.
MsPittsburgh

Hendersonville, TN

#108 Sep 2, 2011
LOVE Cheryl and soo sad she's leaving. She's probably the only reason I tune in. So incredibly smart....so smart in fact 3 or 4 companies across the US are trying to recruit her, including San Diego, however she's chosen Chicago as her next destination. Will miss her very much, as well as her great sense of style...the only news anchor here that dresses classy & stylish!!! I wish her much success in Chicago!!!
MsPittsburgh

Hendersonville, TN

#109 Sep 2, 2011
BetterThanEastTNPeopleToo wrote:
Most of the comments I have read on different blogs from people in East TN shows a severe lack of maturity, literacy, and respect for others. Cheryl Scott is doing a fine job on WBIR. She is a degreed meteorologist and she knows her stuff! She is very attractive, she dresses nice, she speaks well, and she is a true professional. Anyone who bad mouths her is just jealous of her success, because they are so miserable in their own life that it makes them feel better to trash someone else. Low-life people like that cannot stand to see someone else be happy. This is typical of the no-class mentality that exists here in East TN, and it has been this way for generations. Bad parents breed bad parents, and the pathetic cycle continues. People like us, who move to this area from more sophisticated cities, immediately see the lousy, rotten, miserable culture for what it is, overwhelmingly disgraceful! BOY YOU GOT THAT RIGHT....A WHOLE LOT OF IGNORANCE & STUPIDITY HERE

Judged:

14

13

11

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Really

Murfreesboro, TN

#110 Sep 2, 2011
When is she leaving? Hate to see her go :(
wrecked

Murfreesboro, TN

#111 Sep 3, 2011
I wise she wld stay love watching her & seeing her do the weather !! She does a fine job !!
Buckwheat

United States

#112 Sep 3, 2011
Dang folks, The last time I saw this thread was two months ago and this thing is still alive? It's apparent it does not take much to entertain some folks. I'll say it again: this thread was probably started by some low-class loser in which Ms Scott would not give the time of day to. If this person partied with her it was probably in his mind. Hate to hear she's leaving. For Chicago of all places. One of the biggest sewers in this country.
You da best

Murfreesboro, TN

#113 Sep 3, 2011
Cheryl don't go please lol
Class

Lenoir City, TN

#114 Sep 4, 2011
yankdis wrote:
Partied with her last weekend. She went into the back bedroom of the loft we were at with her " man" and came out all disheveled about a half hour later. NASTY YANK HO! The room stank to all hell.( had to be aired out rest of the night) clean that nappy dug out girl.
Cheryl Scott is Brown University educated Ivy league LADY.

t's nowonder the classy educated leave Knoxville. Comments like this make no sense.

Her interview skills, there was no problem.

Beautiful girl. WBIR chose wisely when they hired this"breath of fresh air.

The clowns who are sonegative usually are losers.Always are. NoLifers! You knowwho you are people wel, you are closer to being referred to as "sub-creatures."

I certain non-educated also.Easy to figure that out.

I'll be you can't wait for the day to look straight in the mirror and say, damn, I really and a Loser and I really nedd to get a purposeful life, because I (note mirror reflection) really am Creey.
I can barely stomach that creep looking back at me in the mirror.

Now, reflect on what you just read. Yep, you are a low slug bottom-dweller creep sub-human!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#116 Sep 5, 2011
curious wrote:
Will she still do a BJ for a toot of the old white powder?
Do you really believe this fine young lady/weather person is doing such thing's or is this another way of slandering the lady? Don't know,where's all the evidence that shows she actually does this anyway? I figure it's all a bunch of lie's,because of the jealousy issue's that some have of her,and I hate to see her go as well.....See ya Cheryl Scott,hope you are more appreciated from the public wherever you are going.....
katzdoc

Franklin, TN

#117 Sep 5, 2011
I would like to say this regarding all of you that are bashing Cherl.. I don't care what she does on her spare time. And you hipocrits shouldn't either. She is not here to defend herself and if she were I wouldn't waste my breath on you loosers. What I do know is she did a terrific job doing the weather and I loved the way she conducted herself. She presented herself as always a lady. I made to a point to hear her forecast because it was pretty accurate. Is this all you have to do with your time?? What if she were your daugher or sister that was being bashed?? Shame on all of you. This shows me you have no respect for others. She is gone now, I heard that last night as I was wtching the weather. I really hate she is gone. But one thing is for sure, I'm sure she will remember your nasty words and thoughts of her.
Bob Baker

Lewisburg, TN

#118 Sep 12, 2011
Meteorologist wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually agree with the first part. Many meteorologists rely too much on model output and forget to include their own instinct in the forecast.
However, forecasts today are much improved over 25 years ago. We are as accurate today at the 5 day range as we used to be at the 3. That doesn't sound like much, but it is huge if you really understand the physics and mathematics behind it. Plus, technology has allowed us to issue tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings much more accurately today. The new Dual Polarization radar system should help with nowcasting as well when it is installed throughout the country. Meteorology isn't an exact science and never will be, but meteorologists as a whole do a wonderful job trying to predict the future. It is an incredibly difficult task, and most people have no idea just how much goes into it.
If your not a degreed meteorologist. Shut the hell up and get over it... if your not degreed, you know nothing about forecasting.
Kohn

United States

#119 Oct 7, 2011
She did a good job. She was very attractive. Too bad she left so soon. She even made the big storms more bearable.
Dan

Sevierville, TN

#120 Oct 9, 2011
knox native wrote:
I can't stand that girl.I turn the channel everytime I see her!Have you ever seen her interview anyone?She just nods her head at the person repeatedly.The whole time they are talking.I would want to smack her if it was me!And the way she talks!I don't watch weather on channel 10 anymore.She is no Margie!I watch Matt now after I watched him during the recent bad storms.The whole station has really been going down hill since alive at 5 at 4.How stupid!I hope the start making the station better starting by firing her ass!
This comment was obviously written by an unattractive jealous female.
Dan

Sevierville, TN

#121 Oct 9, 2011
MsPittsburgh wrote:
BetterThanEastTNPeopleToo wrote:
Most of the comments I have read on different blogs from people in East TN shows a severe lack of maturity, literacy, and respect for others. Cheryl Scott is doing a fine job on WBIR. She is a degreed meteorologist and she knows her stuff! She is very attractive, she dresses nice, she speaks well, and she is a true professional. Anyone who bad mouths her is just jealous of her success, because they are so miserable in their own life that it makes them feel better to trash someone else. Low-life people like that cannot stand to see someone else be happy. This is typical of the no-class mentality that exists here in East TN, and it has been this way for generations. Bad parents breed bad parents, and the pathetic cycle continues. People like us, who move to this area from more sophisticated cities, immediately see the lousy, rotten, miserable culture for what it is, overwhelmingly disgraceful! BOY YOU GOT THAT RIGHT....A WHOLE LOT OF IGNORANCE & STUPIDITY HERE
I agree. Lack of quality education is a crime. Ignorance breeds ignorance.
I agree. Lack of education is a crime and ignorance breeds ignorance.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#123 Oct 10, 2011
iDespiseLiberalScum wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny, you know...coming on a...what was it you said again? A small time site like topix?...and give a heartwarming speech about Knoxville folks bad-mouthing everyone else, only to turn around and do the same exact thing you're whining about? Hypocrit much? And why do you even care if you live elsewhere? Go post dumb sh!t about your town instead of wasting your time dogging ours, especially since you care nothing about Knox. Makes no sense. But I'm willing to bet you secretly love it here, and you're pissed because no one liked you...so you moved and thought "I'll show those folks in Knox..I'll get on topix and call them all retards!" Dumba$$
I just know why you think anybody would dislike "Knox", you represent it so well.(sarcasm)
red neck

United States

#124 Oct 14, 2011
yankdis wrote:
Wbir stop deleting threads or we'll get more creative. First amend. Applies to everyone everywhere. Get it?
what was said about her....i always liked her hate to see her go

“Concerned in Tennessee”

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

#125 Oct 14, 2011
Spider Jerusalem wrote:
> Wbir stop deleting threads or we'll get more creative. First amend. Applies to everyone everywhere. Get it?
Not in cases of libel.
Take a journalism law class, hillbilly.
Well as someone who HAS taken some journalism law classes, I can tell you that you are wrong.

Some people are more protected then others. Consider this tier:

Political figures: Very little to no libel protection
Public figures:(tv and movies) middle ground in libel protection.
Private Citizens: Maximum protection against libel

Basically, with public figures like tv personalities, movie stars, and people who willingly put themselves in the public eye, they can only claim libel if they can prove that the statement against them was credible (that a reasonable person might believe the libel) and that there was an INTENT to cause harm (as in to their reputation and or livelihood.) Consider the case where Jerry Falwell sued Larry Flint because he put a cartoon in Hustler that depicted Falwel entering an outhouse to have sex with his own mother. He sued Flint for libel and lost, the supreme court upheld his 1st amendment rights due to him being a public figure, and his inability to prove that anyone would take the cartoon seriously or that it did him actual harm.

See SC rulling: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hustler_Magazine...

Politicians have almost no protection. You can say almost anything you want short of a death threat to a politician.

Private individuals have the highest protection against libel in court.

hey Spider, this lesson in Journalism is provided free of charge. good luck with your ongoing studies.
uncle vito

United States

#126 Oct 16, 2011
I wish that morning show with the three giggling stooges would pack up and leave, too. That's a pathetic newscast

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wife of Tenn. football coach busted for sex wit... 5 min Mister T 8
News Wife Of High School Football Coach Charged For ... 6 hr Wabash Cannonball 4
Starting Over In Knoxville? 22 hr Redeemed 9
Tennessee doesn't need Hillary or any Republica... Sun We Are Anonymous 36
What's the best place to take BMW's for repair? Sun Outhouse 29
Westbrooke Medical Sat Just Asking 1
Westbrooke Sat Facts 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages