Tired

Dandridge, TN

#80168 May 15, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good points.
Well, since you are in a good mood,;) I will ask you the question I asked Amos last night and got no response. You made the same comment today that he made last night, and that was that the AP was wire-tapped. The info I have heard so far is that their phone records were subpoenaed from 2012 in order to find records linking intel leaks from someone in Washington. How are phone “records”(not recordings) from 2012 "wire-tapped"?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#80169 May 15, 2013
JesusYourNot wrote:
Soldiers of Light church in lebanon tennessee is a cult. the pastor is a thief, using tithing money to buy trucks and motorcycles and taking food donated to the homeless to his home and eating it himself.whoever wins this election should close this dump down and file charges.
Find you another Church to attend and start a Thread on your Hometown Forum, if you're sure this is what is going on, and tell the Local people about it.
Be prepard to take some flack over what you post, but if you're sure this is really going on, let the Local People and Parishioners know. You'll be doing a good thing because these kind of People need to be exposed. That's my unsolicited advice.
If you're wrong and there's some reasonable explanation for it, you may find that out, too.

Guild

#80170 May 15, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be in charge of my Healthcare, Chief, because I won't be on Obamacare!
Easy now Sassy...I never claimed to be a Native American...like Elisabeth Warren is - much less a 'Chief'

Location hidden

#80171 May 15, 2013
"Media Matters Not Sure The DOJ Was Wrong When It Violated AP Press Freedoms, According To Memo:(UPDATE)."

Click here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/medi...

Location hidden

#80172 May 15, 2013
"White House Presses Congress To Revive Media Protection Bill."

Click here:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/15/us-...

Location hidden

#80173 May 15, 2013
Time to panic, TEA Baggers! Oooops, looks like you already have by the way you're pushing these "scandals"! Lol!
----------
"POLLS: Hillary Clinton Would Win 2016 Primaries In New Hampshire, Wisconsin."

Click here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/hill...

Location hidden

#80174 May 15, 2013
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I do not believe any group should be "targeted" for political reasons. However, when this first came out my thought was, "what makes all these groups tax-exempt"? Can I just start a website and call myself "Freedom from taxes forever", collect money from people that I don't have to disclose their identity, not disclose what I am going to do with that money, and call myself a tax-exempt org? We definitely have enough fringe groups out there that we don't need to be helping, so I am all for investigating those.
I also read that there was a drastic increase in the number in applications (more than doubled) from 2010 to 2012, and that they were being grouped because of the influx of applications from similar groups.
"In an op-ed Tuesday in USA Today, Miller argued that the IRS targeted groups affiliated with the tea party because at the time, in 2010, there was a "sharp increase" in the number of applications coming from those types of organizations.
"We sought to centralize work in this area in 2010 because our office of Exempt Organizations observed a sharp increase in the number of section 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) applications coming from groups potentially engaged in political campaign intervention," Miller wrote. "Between 2010 and 2012, the number of applications for 501(c)(4) status more than doubled, from 1,591 to 3,398."
It was important for the IRS to carefully review those organizations' applications, Miller argued, because "the law limits and in some cases prohibits political intervention by exempt organizations." Still, he said, the "way we initially centralized" those cases for review "did not" make sense."
http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Ineffectiv...
Still my question is, what makes these groups qualify for tax-exempt status because surely they can't be considered "for the common good". I found the article below about being too lax on tax exempt status interesting.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ruth-m...
I totally agree! They are NOT a Political Party, themselves, they gave that up when they joind up with the Republican Party , in order to get on the Ballot and get elected. A Huge Mistake for the Republican Party , BTW, and One, by all Reports , the Republican Party regrets!
TEA Baggers are no better than anybody else to be audited and to pay their taxes, even if they are a Koch Bros. founded and funded Group!

Location hidden

#80175 May 15, 2013
Am I the Only One who would like to call a Conference and get all the Afghanistan Gov't., if you can call it that, in one place...and then, "LIGHTS OUT"?
I, literally, despise that corrupt and POS Country, and especially it's corrupt, money-grubbing Gov't. "Leaders"..."Ca veman Crooked Devils" would be a more accurate description, IMO!
We better not pay this for those Private Contractor Companies, that've made Huge Money from this war and the Iraq War. This whole "War Game Scam" on the American People, is sickening to me!
----------
"AUDIT: Afghanistan Levied $93M In Taxes On U.S. Contractors Which Should Have Been Exempt."

Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57584670/... -$93m-in-taxes-on-u.s-contract ors-which-should-have-been-exe mpt/

Location hidden

#80176 May 15, 2013
Congress, do something productive and FUND Beefed-Up Security at ALL our Embassies in the Middle East, and do it NOW!
----------
"Egypt Militants Planned To Hit U.S. And French Embassies: MENA."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/egypt-militants-planned...
Tired

Dandridge, TN

#80177 May 15, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
"Media Matters Not Sure The DOJ Was Wrong When It Violated AP Press Freedoms, According To Memo:(UPDATE)."
Click here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/medi...
I am really just not sure what to make of this issue. I am 100% for 1st amendment rights, but if we have people leaking counter terror attacks that jeopardize homeland security, I think we need to know who it is and deal with them accordingly. I am still in the need more information stage with this one.
Notfromhere

Jackson, TN

#80178 May 15, 2013
You don't own anyone! We can post whatever we please!
SexySassySenior wrote:
If you Posters won't Post a Link to the Report that you're supposedly quoting from, then as far as I'm concerned, everything you're saying is just BS Propaganda.
I subscribe to the ProPublica News Link and I haven't seen the Report that you're talking about. Therefore, I wonder if it even exists!
And I am NOT going to go chasing after ever piece of BS that you Tea Baggers get from your Conservative Propaganda Websites and Fox Fake News, as well as Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and Alec Jones because 99% of it is just sensationalistic Garbage and everybody knows it, but YOU!
So, my conclusion is...if there's no Link posted to back it up , consider it a LIE!

Location hidden

#80179 May 15, 2013
Notfromhere wrote:
You don't own anyone! We can post whatever we please!<quoted text>
Sure you can! And I can consider it all BS and Lies, too! So, we are in agreement!
Grandmama

Johnson City, TN

#80180 May 15, 2013
Future Shock wrote:
I hurt my neck and back over ten years ago, at the time I had a good job and decent savings. I had United Health Care as my insurance company, after I got injured I was stuck with them because different insurance companies won't cover your preexisting conditions. I have no insurance now because UHC would routinely raise my premiums to the point that I was paying over $2000 a month. This took all my savings and eventually left me jobless and broke. I now am over 40 and forced to live with my parents until I can get myself out of the hole this wonderful insurance system put me in. If you think that your fine now and this could never happen to you then you're a fool with your head stuck in the sand.
And United was the company who donated MORE millions than any other to defeating Obamacare.
holly

United States

#80181 May 15, 2013
Tired wrote:
<quoted text>
I am really just not sure what to make of this issue. I am 100% for 1st amendment rights, but if we have people leaking counter terror attacks that jeopardize homeland security, I think we need to know who it is and deal with them accordingly. I am still in the need more information stage with this one.
I'm right along with you on this also. First Amendment rights is very important, but we have to be sure who rhe culprit(s) is before putting the American people at risk.
holly

United States

#80182 May 15, 2013
Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is from Politico, however I've seen screenshots of the questions posed to the groups - I'll keep looking to see if I can provide those links as well.
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/the-irs...
I looked at the link and didn't see any copies of documents or screenshots. If the IRS wanted to extract this information I would like to think there is some paperwork involved. Thanks.
Olivia

Manchester, TN

#80184 May 15, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
Time to panic, TEA Baggers! Oooops, looks like you already have by the way you're pushing these "scandals"! Lol!
----------
"POLLS: Hillary Clinton Would Win 2016 Primaries In New Hampshire, Wisconsin."
Click here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/hill...
Oh, joy, the Tea baggers are the best thing to happen to the Democrats. I hope they keep espousing their fringe wing nut anti government dogma, the centrist republicans are held captive, and I just think it is hilarious, but things can change. I hold to the hope that they will not, because The GOP grasps the status quo and holds on tight. They have met the enemy and it is themselves.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#80185 May 15, 2013
Olivia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, joy, the Tea baggers are the best thing to happen to the Democrats.
And Topix is the best thing to ever happen to the Republicans. Thanks Olivia, keep it coming.
Olivia

Manchester, TN

#80186 May 15, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
And Topix is the best thing to ever happen to the Republicans. Thanks Olivia, keep it coming.
You have a right to reply, of course, and a right to your perspective, but I have a right to have my full statement displayed, not just what you want to appear to be responding to. Makes me wonder about the integrity of this sight. To the public: refer to my full statement. The tea baggers are the Republican's own worst enemies. Hug them close GOP.
Pete

Johnson City, TN

#80187 May 15, 2013
Olivia wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a right to reply, of course, and a right to your perspective, but I have a right to have my full statement displayed, not just what you want to appear to be responding to. Makes me wonder about the integrity of this sight. To the public: refer to my full statement. The tea baggers are the Republican's own worst enemies. Hug them close GOP.
I responded in the manner I did because I didn't think you would want this statement to be illustrated again -

"the centrist republicans are held captive, and I just think it is hilarious"

This sort of shows your true colors.

What I find hilarious is this statement by you -

"They have met the enemy and it is themselves."

I think the more appropriate comment at this particular time is "the liberals have met the enemy and it is themselves." Have you not seen the news lately?
just saying

United States

#80188 May 15, 2013
Olivia wrote:
<quoted text>
But that leaves them with nothing, don't you know it's not fair and balanced unless it's edited, spun, or just made up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama Calls for Two Years of Free Community Col... 49 min cancer lost 851
Gov. Haslem 3 hr really 41
dcs drug test (Jan '12) 4 hr MissCindy 35
Who is the best disability lawyer in Knoxville? (Nov '12) 4 hr MissCindy 23
Beth Haynes (Mar '12) 5 hr pwa 50
stop stealing stuff. 6 hr Sam 6
Louis drive in spaghetti recipe (Mar '09) 6 hr Well Okay 28
Knoxville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web