Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Mixing Politics and Religion is destroying this Country. The Founding Fathers knew that form what was happening to England and from which, it has never fully recovered. That's precisely why they put the "separation of Church and State" in the Constitution.
For ANYBODY to try and subvert that, in any way, is a Christian Radical...or any other Religion for that matter...and as dangerous and traitorous as any member of Al Qaeda! It just so happens that the Christian Radicals are the only Ones trying to do it, to my knowledge. It's why so many People in this County in this Country are leaving Christianity and Organized Religion , altogether...and they are leaving in droves!
'Separation of Church and State' appears NOWHERE in the Constitution.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Well my friend, I hope you are right. I get the feeling that the powers that be in Washington have determined it is somehow courageous for Obama to take on his own party on Social Security and Medicare cuts. That somehow means testing Medicare would be good for the program and that cutting benefits for future retirees will "save" the program. I think the reason that these programs receive near universal support from the electorate is BECAUSE they are for every American who paid into them, and that the benefits are fair and equitable. In my opinion, when you change those facts, you erode that universal approval for the programs.
I posted a day or two ago that some friends of mine who happen to be Republicans, were at least as outraged as I was about the Obama proposals...I SEROIUSLY doubt that would be the case if means testing were a component of these programs.
A Republican President could never destroy these programs. The public would not allow it, that would take a Democratic President and in my opinion, Obama has now opened Pandora's box. I hope I am wrong and you are right.....and only time will tell.
Yes OT, I hope I am right about how President Obama is handling these issues. I believe you can agree with me that he did not become the President because of his connections in D.C.
With that said, your Republican friends were also outraged with his proposals........(President Obama is not up for re-election)so very soon all Congressman/Women will have to show their hand as to where they stand. That will be a big issue next year when some of them will be up for re-election.

Since: Feb 13

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Further concerning separation of church and state Sassy:

They can be traced back to a letter that Thomas Jefferson wrote back in 1802. In October 1801, the Danbury Baptist Association of Connecticut wrote to President Jefferson, and in their letter they voiced some concerns about Religious Freedom. On January 1, 1802 Jefferson wrote a letter to them in which he added the phrase "Separation of Church and State." When you read the full letter, you will understand that Jefferson was simply underscoring the First Amendment as a guardian of the peoples religious freedom from government interference.

In part, the letter reads, "I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State."

In fact, 3 days after Jefferson wrote those words, he attended church in the largest congregation in North America at the time. This church held its weekly worship services on government property, in the House Chambers of the U.S. Capital Building.

The wall of separation applies everywhere in the country even on government property , without government interference. This is how it is written in the Constitution, this is how Thomas Jefferson understood it from his letter and actions, and this is how the men who wrote the Constitution practiced it.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

One note for those 'separation of church and state' enthusiasts...

While the words "Separation of Church and State" do not appear in the United States Constitution, they DO appear in the constitution of the former U.S.S.R. Communist State.

Interesting, don't you think?

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete, you are wrong about calling SS an entitlement. This program has been fully funded by employees and employers without anyneed for a Gov't subsidy. One cannot call it a entitlement because the money issued to the recipient is theirs to begin with.
Now this is one place I didsagree with you Dunlapian. I believe that SS and Medicare are indeed entitlements. Welfare and Medicaid, however, are not. I believe that people are "entitled" to what they pay for. I do not believe people are "entitled" to charity.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
While the words "Separation of Church and State" do not appear in the United States Constitution, they DO appear in the constitution of the former U.S.S.R. Communist State.
I offer an interesting video for your perusal. I had the honor of meeting this individual and found him to be totally remarkable in every way.

This video speaks to the coming constabulary force in America. Thanks!

I ask my friends to watch the video: http://bit.ly/c4xHNs
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

In February of this year Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee.

It didn't go like they expected.

What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress should be read by all. Here is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good &evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers."

The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart."

In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun.

I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You've stripped away our heritage,
You've outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question "Why?"
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact.

What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws.

Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America, and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him.

To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!"
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

One of the problems of our new "progressive" society is that we seem to treat the symptoms of a problem, rather than the real cause. Case in point is the current gun debate. We blame the gun rather than the individual who committed the crime or the society that created and ignored the mental illness of that individual.

The dangers of mental illness should be a key concern of everyone. One of the most obvious warning signs is recurrent depression. For example, take the recent case in FL, where a fourteen year old boy murdered a friend, after failing in his plot to murder another friend the day before. His diagnosis was a severe obsessive compulsive disorder, chronic depression, and a dysthymic disorder.(ie: chronic depression with low self esteem, feelings of hopelessness, poor concentration, low energy, etc.) He was convicted of first degree murder, and sentenced to life imprisonment. Here is a summary of what he did from the Court Opinion:

"Hernandez first convinced JG to join him in the bathroom. Once inside the bathroom he donned a hat, jacket, and latex gloves.(to assist in hiding evidence of the crime) He coaxed JG into the handicapped stall, and locked the stall door. He turned JG so that he was facing away from him, and drew a gravity knife with a four inch serrated blade, and as JG began to protest, Hernandez placed his left hand over JG's mouth. JG was initially able to push the edge of the knife away with his right hand, opening wounds in the pads of his index and middle fingers. Hernandez made several cuts across JG's throat, finally making an incision four to five inches long that opened JG's windpipe and severed both jugular veins. To determine if JG was alive, Hernandez poked the knife into his face and scalp. He then flushed one pair of latex gloves down the toilet, washed blood off his hands, jacket and face. He later confessed to the crime, and stated he killed JG, and tried to kill AM the day before because they knew (he had told them) he intended to kill others when he turned eighteen."

This case did not get any national attention, however, using the Newtown logic, shouldn't we be demanding stricter "knife laws"? Had it been more difficult to attain a knife, this victim might still be alive, right? Maybe we should outlaw daggers, because they certainly look menacing.

But whatever you do, don't blame the mental health issue or the society that creates this type of individual. That would be getting way to close to the truth.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
Thomas Jefferson didn't believe Jesus was the Divine Son of God, therefore he wasn't a Christian even though he believed in a Creator.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

rain wrote:
<quoted text>Hey i have been around also from homeless bum to tax payer done it all not stuck in a rut like some people any fool can do the same thing day in and day out and cry because they think they are under paid hell if you dont like the pay go where the pay is better i have quit better jobs than most people have ever had like i said i have did it all from ditch digger to flying a airplane some people need to git off their dead a$$ and see what life rilley like
You've "did it all," huh? We believe you.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Thomas Jefferson didn't believe Jesus was the Divine Son of God, therefore he wasn't a Christian even though he believed in a Creator.
Yes it is. I have my own copy of what is referred to as the 'Jefferson Bible'. It is quite interesting just how Jefferson's mind worked.

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
As a follow-up, in the introduction of the 'Jefferson Bible', there is a letter from Jefferson concerning his faith to Dr. Benjamin Rush - a good friend and also a signer of the Declaration of Independence:

“I am a Christian, in the only sense he wished any one to be; sincerely attached to his doctrines, in preference to all others; ascribing to himself every human excellence, and believing he never claimed any other.”

This is Jefferson in his own words to a very dear friend.
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

In March, PoliceOne -- probably the premier law enforcement print and on-line magazine for law enforcement professionals -- conducted the most comprehensive survey ever of American law enforcement officers’ opinions on gun control. More than 15,000 verified law enforcement professionals took part in the 28 question survey linked here:

http://ddq74coujkv1i.cloudfront.net/p1_gunsur...

Don't let the main stream media see this......

4. What effect do you think the White House's current proposed legislation would have on officer safety?

Response: 60.6% of the officers responded -- no effect, and 24.6% responded that it would have a negative effect on their safety. Only 9.6% of the officers felt it would have a positive effect.

OUCH! Not exactly what we're hearing from our legislators or the media, is it?

How about this one?

5. What effect do you think a federal ban on manufacture and sale of "assault weapons" would have on reducing violent crime?

Response: 71% of the officers said -- no effect and 20.5% responded that it would have a negative effect. Again, only 7.6% responded -- it would have a positive effect.

Double OUCH! This better not get out.

But wait! There's more....

6. Do you think a federal ban on manufacture and sale of ammunition magazines that hold more than ten rounds would reduce violent crime?

Response: 96.7% responded that it would not reduce crime, and a paltry 2.7% responded it would reduce violent crime.

Well, THAT will prevent more Newtown massacres!

7. Do you think a federal law prohibiting private, non-dealer transfers of firearms between individuals would reduce violent crime?

Response: 79.7% responded it would not, while a whopping 11.5% responded that it would.

19. Do you support the concealed carry of firearms by citizens who have not been convicted of a felony and/or not been deemed psychologically/medically incapable?

Response: 91.3% in favor, 4.1% opposed.

Don't rely on the mainstream media for information. Take the time to see for yourselves what the police officers think.

Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

This is a public service for those of you who get your information from CBSNBCMSNBCABCCNN. You will be ignorant of the following:

For the past couple of weeks there has been a steady drip of bad news for ObamaCare, but you wouldn't know it if you only get your news from the Big Three (ABC, CBS, NBC) networks.

The following setbacks for ObamaCare haven't received a single second of air time on the Big Three networks:

On March 22, ObamaCare hit a major snag when even 33 Senate Democrats openly defied the President as they joined 45 Republicans in voting to repeal a 2.3 percent sales tax, crucial to paying for ObamaCare, on medical devices such as pacemakers and MRI machines. The measure was co-sponsored by liberal Minnesota Democrat Amy Klobuchar, who said in a statement that she would "continue to work to get rid of this harmful tax."

Big Three coverage 0 stories.

On March 26, the Society of Actuaries, released a study that determined health claims will increase by an average of 32 percent with some states seeing claims rise as much as 80 percent. The study estimated that states will now have to double their health spending to cover the millions of the previously uninsured. The study went on to report that claims will be driven higher because many employers will stop covering their employees once Obamacare is instituted and those workers will be more expensive to insure than those already in the individual market.

Big Three coverage: 0 stories.

On March 26, Obama's own Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius admitted that premiums will rise for some people buying new insurance policies in the coming fall, because of ObamaCare requirements. As the March 26 Wall Street Journal reported: "The secretary's remarks are among the first direct statements from federal officials that people who have skimpy health plans right now could face higher premiums for plans that are more generous."

Big Three coverage: 0 stories

On April 3 Fox News reported that the Obama administration admitted a system of exchanges designed to make it simpler for small businesses to provide health insurance, the very core of ObamaCare's promise, will be delayed an entire year. According to Jim Capretta of the Ethics and Public Policy Center this is a huge setback because: "Lots of small businesses struggle with providing insurance for their workers so this was supposed to facilitate it and make it easier for small business to do this," and added: "It was a huge portion of the sale job. When they passed the law in 2010 there were many senators and members of Congress who were saying 'I am doing this because it's going to help small businesses.'"

On April 4 Quinnipiac University released a poll showing that even two-thirds of Democrats now believe Obama's health care reforms will either hurt them personally or have no effect on their daily lives, vs. 27% of Democrats who believed they would be helped. Overall, only 15% of voters think ObamaCare will mostly help them personally, vs. 78% who expect it to hurt them or have no effect.

Let's hear a collective Huh?

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Section II - Proletarians and communists:

"The average price of wage labor is the minimum wage, i.e., that quantum of the means of subsistence which is absolutely requisite to keep the laborer in bare existence as a laborer. What, therefore, the wage laborer appropriates by means of his labor merely suffices to prolong and reproduce a bare existence.(We by no means intend to abolish this personal appropriation of the products of labor, an appropriation that is made for the maintenance and reproduction of human life, and that leaves no surplus wherewith to command the labor of others). All that we want to do away with is the miserable character of this appropriation, under which the laborer lives merely to increase capital, and is allowed to live only in so far as the interest of the ruling class requires it.

In bourgeois society, living labor is but a means to increase accumulated labor. In communist society, accumulated labor is but a means to widen, to enrich, to promote the existence of the laborer.

In bourgeois society, therefore, the past dominates the present; in communist society, the present dominates the past. In bourgeois society, capital is independent and has individuality, while the living person is dependent and has no individuality.

And the abolition of this state of things is called by the bourgeois, abolition of individuality and freedom! And rightly so. The abolition of bourgeois individuality, bourgeois independence, and bourgeois freedom is undoubtedly aimed at.

By freedom is meant, under the present bourgeois conditions of production, free trade, free selling and buying.

It's interesting to note that communism calls for minimum wage subsistence for workers into perpituity! Let's look at that again:

"We by no means intend to abolish this personal appropriation of the products of labor, an appropriation that is made for the maintenance and reproduction of human life, and that leaves no surplus wherewith to command the labor of others."
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>Now this is one place I didsagree with you Dunlapian. I believe that SS and Medicare are indeed entitlements. Welfare and Medicaid, however, are not. I believe that people are "entitled" to what they pay for. I do not believe people are "entitled" to charity.
Well NTMD8OR, I feel that I do owe you an explanation;
Around where I live, the term "entitlements" and the phrase"are you collecting" are very fluid, and they become one and the same.
That is why in some parts of this Country/County the meaning is different and it is used in different ways.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Well NTMD8OR, I feel that I do owe you an explanation;
Around where I live, the term "entitlements" and the phrase"are you collecting" are very fluid, and they become one and the same.
That is why in some parts of this Country/County the meaning is different and it is used in different ways.
Here is your "n" for the day dear. Use it wisely!

That's all...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

ORIGINAL WILLARD wrote:

Section II - Proletarians and communists:

"The average price of wage labor is the minimum wage, i.e., that quantum of the means of subsistence which is absolutely requisite to keep the laborer in bare existence as a laborer. What, therefore, the wage laborer appropriates by means of his labor merely suffices to prolong and reproduce a bare existence.(We by no means intend to abolish this personal appropriation of the products of labor, an appropriation that is made for the maintenance and reproduction of human life, and that leaves no surplus wherewith to command the labor of others). All that we want to do away with is the miserable character of this appropriation, under which the laborer lives merely to increase capital, and is allowed to live only in so far as the interest of the ruling class requires it.

In bourgeois society, living labor is but a means to increase accumulated labor. In communist society, accumulated labor is but a means to widen, to enrich, to promote the existence of the laborer.

In bourgeois society, therefore, the past dominates the present; in communist society, the present dominates the past. In bourgeois society, capital is independent and has individuality, while the living person is dependent and has no individuality.

And the abolition of this state of things is called by the bourgeois, abolition of individuality and freedom! And rightly so. The abolition of bourgeois individuality, bourgeois independence, and bourgeois freedom is undoubtedly aimed at.

By freedom is meant, under the present bourgeois conditions of production, free trade, free selling and buying.

It's interesting to note that communism calls for minimum wage subsistence for workers into perpituity! Let's look at that again:

"We by no means intend to abolish this personal appropriation of the products of labor, an appropriation that is made for the maintenance and reproduction of human life, and that leaves no surplus wherewith to command the labor of others."
<<yawning uncontrollably>>

Could you be any more boring? Your wife must cringe at hearing your breath each morning.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text><<yawning uncontrollably>>

Could you be any more boring? Your wife must cringe at hearing your breath each morning.
oops Sorry my darling that wasn't meant for you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You've "did it all," huh? We believe you.
Your wife must cringe at your every breath each morning. You are a bore.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Knoxville Forum right now

Search the Knoxville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Sees Candy Online, Gilou Pelletier, and the Ef... 1 hr Bess Blaise 1
Did Dr. Vijay Jethanandani die of cancer? (Oct '08) 3 hr JBM 16
I need God because of Psychic people that harra... 7 hr Bess Blaise 4
Maybe God can help me hit Lottery. 7 hr Bess Blaise 1
Something fishy in Bail Bonding/KCSO 7 hr whoville 1
You are pathetic 8 hr The Real Mrs Dillon 1
Spirt or paranormal activities (Feb '13) 8 hr Courtney 6
•••
•••