Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Knoxville Forum

Comments (Page 3,089)

Showing posts 61,761 - 61,780 of138,535
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Well Pete, you are probably the first Republican I know to say this. Even the Republicans I can talk to (politics lite) have Fox news on even during the football playoffs.
But I have to admit, for myself after a big political event I even turn on Fox News.........just to see how they are covering the story because I know like the world is round, I'll be hearing the same twist from my Republican friends.
Now Pete, you say you are tired of seeing Sarah, does that mean you once liked seeing her?
LMAO! Dunlapian, we all know how fickle Teapublicans are. Their Commitments go something like this...I'll love you forever...or until somebody better comes along...with money!:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

"Sequestration Could Mean Across-The-Board Pain."

Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5757040...
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunlapian, the dumber the Women are, the better the Teapublicans like 'em. After all, the Teapublican Men just couldn't deal with a Female being smarter than they are...we all know how insecure the Little Boys are, now don't we? If the Women can't, or won't support them financially, what good are they...unless they can boost their Ego by being dumber than they are and making them feel superior? What fragile Egos they have, the poor Little Delicate Things...and I'm talking about the Men! Lol!
So...you actually believe Nancy Pelosi - being a lib - is smart?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
This is how I know you don't have a lot of experience regarding corporate financing. Public corporations are only interested in two things, cash and the per share stock price, not profits. They worry about cash because if you don't have enough, that is how you go out of business. The stock price is what keeps the owners of the corporation happy, i.e. the shareholders. If the shareholders are not happy, the executive team of the corporation is in trouble. Profits do help the share price, but after the creation of the Sarbanes Oxley Act, a corporation is limited to how much it can manipulate profits or revenues. However, they can use non-cash items such as depreciation, amortization of goodwill, etc. to manipulate profits somewhat. And before you ask, all profits a corporation makes are taxed. There are no loopholes and no hiding them overseas. The IRS has a heavy hand at collecting corporate profits and the SEC has a heavy hand regarding manipulating share price. They can get permission to buy back some of their own stock, i.e. treasury stock and make the remaining outstanding shares more valuable. However, that is what the shareholders want. True, there are a few corporate CEO's making a lot of money and they seem to get all the attention, but most of the money they make is via the share price and stock options, not from pocketing corporate profits. There is not one CEO of a public corporation that is paid out of corporate profits.
"Pete", if the CEO's salary isn't paid out of corporate profits, where does the money come from ? Obviously that money isn't created out of thin air. A part of his or her compensation and bonuses can be stock options etc....but salary and benefits, if they were NOT paid to that CEO would be considered additional corporate profits wouldn't they ?
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
That's about how long it would take the Companies to do away with all Federal regulations and poison everything we ingest, rub on, and suds up with...all in the Name of making bigger Profits, of course! Don't take any Airplane trips, either, if you want to live, that is. and I've just scatched the surface!
I think we've discovered why you weren't very successful in running your own business.

Killing customers is only conducive to maximizing profits if you own a funeral parlor or cemetery.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
So...you actually believe Nancy Pelosi - being a lib - is smart?
I have no idea whether she's "smart" or not, but she certainly knows how to get things done on capitol Hill much better than Boehner does or ever has.
She comes from a Political Family and was raised around politics all her Life, so that might have something to do with it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we've discovered why you weren't very successful in running your own business.
Killing customers is only conducive to maximizing profits if you own a funeral parlor or cemetery.
Guess again, Big Boy...sold it at a profit!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

If the GOP does it, that will be the end for them as a viable Political Party. In 2014, Donald Duck could run for Congress against the Teapublican Candidate, and win by a Landslide!
----------
"G.O.P. Is Resisting Obama Pressure On Tax Increase."

Click here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/21/us/politics...
lol

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
If the GOP does it, that will be the end for them as a viable Political Party. In 2014, Donald Duck could run for Congress against the Teapublican Candidate, and win by a Landslide!
----------
Click here:
you're such a stupid nasty slut with no morals! obvious by the avatars you use. Funny nones of your nasty ass
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
"Sequestration Could Mean Across-The-Board Pain."
Click here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-5757040...
Sequestration was Obama's idea, and just last year he said he'd veto any bill that didn't include the cuts that now will cause "Across-The-Board Pain."

Is Obama admitting he screwed up?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Truth Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Sequestration was Obama's idea, and just last year he said he'd veto any bill that didn't include the cuts that now will cause "Across-The-Board Pain."
Is Obama admitting he screwed up?
And you and your fellow Teapublicans accuse me of "spinning"! Man, you're spinning like a Top! It won't change a thing, wait until next year, if the Teapublicans don't get some sense, and see if I didn't tell you right! It'll be , "Goodbye, Teapublicans" and Good Riddance!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

"Upcoming Budget Deadline Could Take Toll On Airport Travelers."

Click here:
http://www.wkrn.com/story/21291956/upcoming-b...
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
----------
Click here:
Good morning ! Unfortunately,a LARGE number the House Republicans have little to fear in a general election since most hold very safe seats in very red districts...what they fear is primaries from their right. This explains the take no prisoners attitude of the tea party members and the few pragmatists left in the Republican caucus. They have nothing to lose from standing firm, and a potential primary challenge from their right if they show any sign of compromise. This strategy saves their tails in their own districts but may prove devastating to the long term viability of the Republican brand nationally.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Dunlapian, yes I watched, "Hubris". I had seen most of it before in disjointed Reports from many different Sources. But, to see it all together in the form of a documentary, made me so furious that I was clinching my fists to the point that I dug my nails into my palms and didn't even realize it.
If I could dig up LBJ, I would set him along side Bush, Cheney, and all their other Lower Administration Officials, who knowlingly helped perpetrate this Hoax on the American People, and smile as they were giving what they deserve.
I wish everybody would watch this. It doesn't matter what your Politics are, or even if you believe it...it is History and History will prove it's truth, at some point. You just need to know about it, as a cautionary Tale, so that we do eveything in our power, as Americans, to make sure it NEVER happens, again! Twice in my Lifetime, is twice too many!
----------
"Hubris: Selling the Iraq War."
Click here:
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26315908/#50852099
Linda, watching "Hubris", was like being a "Monday Morning Quarter-Back" and just seeing what Johnson(D) did to get use into the Vietnam War for nothing at the cost of over 58,000 American lives.
Only later to have Bush(R) do the same thing with Iraq at the cost of over 4,000 American lives and a cost of over $3 trillion dollars.
Your right every American should watch just what our Government can do to our Country, Democrat or Republican alike.
Hercules

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Have a great day everyone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian, did you post that your Brother was on the USS Liberty...or was it a different Ship?
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
And you and your fellow Teapublicans accuse me of "spinning"! Man, you're spinning like a Top! It won't change a thing, wait until next year, if the Teapublicans don't get some sense, and see if I didn't tell you right! It'll be , "Goodbye, Teapublicans" and Good Riddance!
Spinning? Are you saying Sequestration was NOT Obama's idea?

Are you saying that he did NOT say last year that he would veto any bill that didn't include sequestration cuts?
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Linda, watching "Hubris", was like being a "Monday Morning Quarter-Back" and just seeing what Johnson(D) did to get use into the Vietnam War for nothing at the cost of over 58,000 American lives.
Only later to have Bush(R) do the same thing with Iraq at the cost of over 4,000 American lives and a cost of over $3 trillion dollars.
Your right every American should watch just what our Government can do to our Country, Democrat or Republican alike.
To personalize that 58,000 lives lost....

There are 58,267 names now listed on that polished black wall, including those added in 2010.

The names are arranged in the order in which they were taken from us by date and within each date the names are alphabetized.

It is hard to believe it is 36 years since the last casualties.

The first known casualty was Richard B. Fitzgibbon, of North Weymouth , Mass. Listed by the U.S. Department of Defense as having been killed on June 8, 1956. His name is listed on the Wall with that of his son, Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Richard B. Fitzgibbon III, who was killed on Sept. 7, 1965.

There are three sets of fathers and sons on the Wall.

39,996 on the Wall were just 22 or younger.

8,283 were just 19 years old.

The largest age group, 33,103 were 18 years old.

12 soldiers on the Wall were 17 years old.

5 soldiers on the Wall were 16 years old.

One soldier, PFC Dan Bullock was 15 years old.

997 soldiers were killed on their first day in Vietnam.

1,448 soldiers were killed on their last day in Vietnam.

31 sets of brothers are on the Wall.

Thirty one sets of parents lost two of their sons.

54 soldiers attended Thomas Edison High School in Philadelphia.

8 Women are on the Wall, nursing the wounded.

244 soldiers were awarded the Medal of Honor during the Vietnam War; 153 of them are on the Wall.

Beallsville , Ohio with a population of 475 lost 6 of her sons.

West Virginia had the highest casualty rate per capita in the nation. There are 711 West Virginians on the Wall.

The Marines of Morenci - They led some of the scrappiest high school football and basketball teams that the little Arizona copper town of Morenci (pop. 5,058) had ever known and cheered. They enjoyed roaring beer busts. In quieter moments, they rode horses along the Coronado Trail, stalked deer in the Apache National Forest . And in the patriotic camaraderie typical of Morenci's mining families, the nine graduates of Morenci High enlisted as a group in the Marine Corps. Their service began on Independence Day, 1966. Only 3 returned home.

The Buddies of Midvale - LeRoy Tafoya, Jimmy Martinez, Tom Gonzales were all boyhood friends and lived on three consecutive streets in Midvale, Utah on Fifth, Sixth and Seventh avenues. They lived only a few yards apart. They played ball at the adjacent sandlot ball field. And they all went to Vietnam. In a span of 16 dark days in late 1967, all three would be killed. LeRoy was killed on Wednesday, Nov. 22, the fourth anniversary of John F. Kennedy's assassination. Jimmy died less than 24 hours later on Thanksgiving Day. Tom was shot dead assaulting the enemy on Dec. 7, Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day.

The most casualty deaths for a single day was on January 31, 1968 ~ 245 deaths.

The most casualty deaths for a single month was May 1968 - 2,415 casualties were incurred.

For most Americans who read this they will only see the numbers that the Vietnam War created. To those who survived the war, and to the families of those who did not, we see the faces, we feel the pain that these numbers created. We are, until we too pass away, haunted with these numbers, because they were our friends, fathers, husbands, wives, sons and daughters.

http://veterans.branson.com/2011/09/23/intere...
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
Dunlapian, did you post that your Brother was on the USS Liberty...or was it a different Ship?
Yes he was and he was wounded. President Johnson(D) ordered the planes that were sent by the U.S.S. Saratoga to help the U.S.S. Liberty to be returned to the U.S.S. Saratoga. President Johnson(D) said Quote, "I don't want to embarrass our ally.
At the time even the U.S.S. Liberty didn't know who was attacking them!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
To personalize that 58,000 lives lost....
There are 58,267 names now listed on that polished black wall, including those added in 2010.
The names are arranged in the order in which they were taken from us by date and within each date the names are alphabetized.
It is hard to believe it is 36 years since the last casualties.
The first known casualty was Richard B. Fitzgibbon, of North Weymouth , Mass. Listed by the U.S. Department of Defense as having been killed on June 8, 1956. His name is listed on the Wall with that of his son, Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Richard B. Fitzgibbon III, who was killed on Sept. 7, 1965.
There are three sets of fathers and sons on the Wall.
39,996 on the Wall were just 22 or younger.
8,283 were just 19 years old.
The largest age group, 33,103 were 18 years old.
12 soldiers on the Wall were 17 years old.
5 soldiers on the Wall were 16 years old.
One soldier, PFC Dan Bullock was 15 years old.
997 soldiers were killed on their first day in Vietnam.
1,448 soldiers were killed on their last day in Vietnam.
31 sets of brothers are on the Wall.
Thirty one sets of parents lost two of their sons.
54 soldiers attended Thomas Edison High School in Philadelphia.
8 Women are on the Wall, nursing the wounded.
244 soldiers were awarded the Medal of Honor during the Vietnam War; 153 of them are on the Wall.
Beallsville , Ohio with a population of 475 lost 6 of her sons.
West Virginia had the highest casualty rate per capita in the nation. There are 711 West Virginians on the Wall.
The Marines of Morenci - They led some of the scrappiest high school football and basketball teams that the little Arizona copper town of Morenci (pop. 5,058) had ever known and cheered. They enjoyed roaring beer busts. In quieter moments, they rode horses along the Coronado Trail, stalked deer in the Apache National Forest . And in the patriotic camaraderie typical of Morenci's mining families, the nine graduates of Morenci High enlisted as a group in the Marine Corps. Their service began on Independence Day, 1966. Only 3 returned home.
The Buddies of Midvale - LeRoy Tafoya, Jimmy Martinez, Tom Gonzales were all boyhood friends and lived on three consecutive streets in Midvale, Utah on Fifth, Sixth and Seventh avenues. They lived only a few yards apart. They played ball at the adjacent sandlot ball field. And they all went to Vietnam. In a span of 16 dark days in late 1967, all three would be killed. LeRoy was killed on Wednesday, Nov. 22, the fourth anniversary of John F. Kennedy's assassination. Jimmy died less than 24 hours later on Thanksgiving Day. Tom was shot dead assaulting the enemy on Dec. 7, Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day.
The most casualty deaths for a single day was on January 31, 1968 ~ 245 deaths.
The most casualty deaths for a single month was May 1968 - 2,415 casualties were incurred.
For most Americans who read this they will only see the numbers that the Vietnam War created. To those who survived the war, and to the families of those who did not, we see the faces, we feel the pain that these numbers created. We are, until we too pass away, haunted with these numbers, because they were our friends, fathers, husbands, wives, sons and daughters.
http://veterans.branson.com/2011/09/23/intere...
.......and Nuh, did you know if an American soldier,Marine,sailor,airman just outside of the war zone was killed, he is not on that Wall.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61,761 - 61,780 of138,535
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Knoxville Forum right now

Search the Knoxville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Asian massage 8 min abe 3
Paddling abuse case against former Sunbright pr... 2 hr WTH 3
Oliver Springs ordered to upgrade wastewater tr... 2 hr Just saying 14
State senator proposes pit bull ban (Feb '08) 3 hr yep 6
Jehovah's Witnesses meet in Knoxville 4 hr Nik 3
Horse owners brace for another season of high h... (Apr '08) 5 hr saffer 13
Man, wife accused of stealing grant funds meant... (May '11) 6 hr Yesh 12
•••
•••