tammy

Collinwood, TN

#65578 Feb 8, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Roflmao. Your 20 dollar words aren't used in any crowd dear. You are simply a fool. Look around you and you will find that no one in his or her right mind chooses to use the words you currently throw out in order to feel superior. Anyone can use them but who wishes to? It's silly! I promise you people far greater and better than you choose not to speak as you do. An over the hill retired male has nothing much to live for but to try and feel important. You aren't superior, no one is intimidated by your verbal attacks and most importantly the few years you have left will be spent all alone with you, your attitude and topix. How sad that is indeed. Enjoy the next few years because that's likely all you have before you find yourself just another brick in the wall. Good evening Sir.
Bravo !!
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#65579 Feb 8, 2013
Watch old Willard judge – must be sad to have such a miserable life that the only person who likes you is yourself…
WILLARD

Dunlap, TN

#65580 Feb 8, 2013
Unreal wrote:
Watch old Willard judge – must be sad to have such a miserable life that the only person who likes you is yourself…
Sad, is a pathetic degenerate who finds a morsel of gratification in make believe unhappiness on the part of someone who handily takes his lunch money! Is "Make believe for morons" a software program you share with your stupid friends?

San Jose, CA

#65581 Feb 8, 2013
Amen!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#65582 Feb 8, 2013
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
FICA stands for Federal Insurance Contributions Act. This is the means by which an employer collects social security. It is a retirement plan. That was how it was passed and that is how it is administered. FICA is social security. Those are the facts. Social security benefits are capped. Therefore, payments to this plan are capped. I am an employer. Payroll taxes consist of a whole lot more than FICA. Payroll taxes incorporate FUTA, SUTA, Federal Income Tax Withholding, Medicare, etc. However, these taxes are simply the means for government to collect income tax, medicare and social security. The income tax portion of this does not ever get paid back to the employee. This is a true tax. Social Security gets paid back in the form of benefits. Medicare gets paid back in the form of health services. These are by definition not a tax. Whether you know it or not, the employer also pays portions of the employees' social security and medicare. The employer is who is taxed. The employer simply collects these funds from the employee. Regarding Social Security, if the benefit it can pay out is capped, then the payments into it have to be capped. If not, then social security would turn into yet another tax not yet enacted. It is a simple retirement plan. Would you pay let's say $50,000 into a retirement plan knowing you would only get back $30,000? Of course not.
This cap was put into effect so that some people would not have to fund the retirement of others. Check it out yourself. I deal with FICA every day and know exactly how it works. What it is not is a tax loophole for the rich.
Pete, first you say in your post, "Payroll taxes consist of a whole lot more than FICA". So here we do agree, FICA is a payroll tax!
The definition of a tax is large, but part of it does include "taxes are collected for Social Security contributions"
I'll give your this one, and only because it's not a black/white issue(FICA is not a loophole for the rich) it's a given.
But now lets move onto something that is a black/white issue where the rich do get a tax loophole made especially for them.
That would be, "carried interest income" which is taxed at 15%.
Senate Democrats have tried and failed to force Executives to pay the normal tax rate of about 35%. If they did, that alone would bring in over $17 billion of new revenue over 10 years.
Really Sassy

Duluth, GA

#65583 Feb 8, 2013
Unreal wrote:
I think the rest of us simply don't have the desire to read his rantings let alone taking the time to judge the nonsense.
Goodbye

United States

#65584 Feb 8, 2013
Yep, I have been supporting Mr.and Mrs, FICA and all their little FICAS for ever!
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
FICA stands for Federal Insurance Contributions Act. This is the means by which an employer collects social security. It is a retirement plan. That was how it was passed and that is how it is administered. FICA is social security. Those are the facts. Social security benefits are capped. Therefore, payments to this plan are capped. I am an employer. Payroll taxes consist of a whole lot more than FICA. Payroll taxes incorporate FUTA, SUTA, Federal Income Tax Withholding, Medicare, etc. However, these taxes are simply the means for government to collect income tax, medicare and social security. The income tax portion of this does not ever get paid back to the employee. This is a true tax. Social Security gets paid back in the form of benefits. Medicare gets paid back in the form of health services. These are by definition not a tax. Whether you know it or not, the employer also pays portions of the employees' social security and medicare. The employer is who is taxed. The employer simply collects these funds from the employee. Regarding Social Security, if the benefit it can pay out is capped, then the payments into it have to be capped. If not, then social security would turn into yet another tax not yet enacted. It is a simple retirement plan. Would you pay let's say $50,000 into a retirement plan knowing you would only get back $30,000? Of course not.
This cap was put into effect so that some people would not have to fund the retirement of others. Check it out yourself. I deal with FICA every day and know exactly how it works. What it is not is a tax loophole for the rich.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#65585 Feb 8, 2013
Obviously he is judging those with negative judge it's. When you prove his absurd uninformed data as false.
He spins his drivel to suit his purposes. I know another poster who does the same.
He truly has mental problems.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#65586 Feb 8, 2013
Cornbread wrote:
Obviously he is judging those with negative judge it's. When you prove his absurd uninformed data as false.
He spins his drivel to suit his purposes. I know another poster who does the same.
He truly has mental problems.
Cornbread, which one of these "Crazy Check" Posters are you talking about? There's so many of them, pretending they've ever had a job or gainful employment, that I can't tell which one you're referring to.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#65587 Feb 8, 2013
Willard of course.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#65588 Feb 8, 2013
Goodbye wrote:
Yep, I have been supporting Mr.and Mrs, FICA and all their little FICAS for ever!<quoted text>
......and someday Mr. and Mrs. FICA will be helping to support you and yours!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#65589 Feb 8, 2013
Lite N Lively wrote:
<quoted text>
Cornbread, which one of these "Crazy Check" Posters are you talking about? There's so many of them, pretending they've ever had a job or gainful employment, that I can't tell which one you're referring to.
They work for Willard......remember his "friend" Carol and one or two more that he was creating in his own mind.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

#65590 Feb 8, 2013
As much as I have paid into their fund..(since I was 16) I hope they will help me out. since they had no problem taking my money all those years, ans still do every week.

Location hidden

#65591 Feb 8, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>They work for Willard......remember his "friend" Carol and one or two more that he was creating in his own mind.
I'm not in the mood to put up with all their stupidity tonight, that much I do know! Crazy People are really beginning to get on my nerves! And with the exception of about 4 or 5, there's nobody on Topix that's not absolutely insane!
Pete

Elizabethton, TN

#65592 Feb 8, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Pete, first you say in your post, "Payroll taxes consist of a whole lot more than FICA". So here we do agree, FICA is a payroll tax!
The definition of a tax is large, but part of it does include "taxes are collected for Social Security contributions"
I'll give your this one, and only because it's not a black/white issue(FICA is not a loophole for the rich) it's a given.
But now lets move onto something that is a black/white issue where the rich do get a tax loophole made especially for them.
That would be, "carried interest income" which is taxed at 15%.
Senate Democrats have tried and failed to force Executives to pay the normal tax rate of about 35%. If they did, that alone would bring in over $17 billion of new revenue over 10 years.
Ok Dunlapian, I'll give you this one. I don't know enough about this topic to even comment, so if you say this is a tax loophole, I will take your word for it. If it is, then I agree it should be eliminated. I will have to admit, I thought I was well versed on the tax code, but this tax is foreign to me. No pun intended.

Location hidden

#65593 Feb 8, 2013
Cornbread wrote:
As much as I have paid into their fund..(since I was 16) I hope they will help me out. since they had no problem taking my money all those years, ans still do every week.
Your money paid for your Parents' Generation and your Children's contribution will pay for yours. That's the way the Social Security Retirement Program was set up to work and that's the way it does work.

So, these Ignorant Trolls that are milking the Fund and sitting on their Azzes and harassing decent Topix Poster all day, need to get off their Lazy Azzes and go find a job and start contributing something to the Fund! I'm fed up with supporting their Sorry Azzes and bying their drugs and being talked to worse thwn a dog, while I'm doing it!
Filthy-Mouthed Little Lazy Drugged-out Bit*hes!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#65594 Feb 8, 2013
So you think you've seen it all?
http://www.informationliberation.com/...
Pete

Elizabethton, TN

#65595 Feb 8, 2013
Lite N Lively wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me Lite N Lively, Linda, Really Sassy or whatever you are calling yourself these days, but how on earth could you possibly know if any poster is employed or not? I would like for you to tell me how you would know this other than you have ESP and are so smart you can determine things via psychic means. You're not gainfully employed so how can you possibly accuse someone of this? In some posts you tell people to consider others' opinions and respect them and in other posts you accuse and abuse posters personally on things you couldn't possibly know. I ask you once again, how do you not see this? Why can't you not simply state your opinion and leave the assaults and abuses out of what you type? People would pay a lot more attention to you if you did. But maybe your form of entertainment is riling people up. That is a very lonely life to lead though.
Pete

Elizabethton, TN

#65596 Feb 8, 2013
Lite N Lively wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not in the mood to put up with all their stupidity tonight, that much I do know! Crazy People are really beginning to get on my nerves! And with the exception of about 4 or 5, there's nobody on Topix that's not absolutely insane!
And just so you know, you are not one of those 4 or 5
Linda

Paris, TN

#65597 Feb 8, 2013
f u!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: David H Miller & Assoc - David H Miller OD (Oct '13) 4 hr Knoxville TN 5
Senior living facilities growing in Knoxville 8 hr Cory Trevor 1
Butch Jones 10 hr Col Brash 8
sunvisor city special J Thu Jdog 1
Riots!! Racist??? Dec 17 Dirk 11
Who is the best disability lawyer in Knoxville? (Nov '12) Dec 17 glenda Laboy 20
Person connected to "Rocky Top Murders" out of ... (Mar '07) Dec 17 danieldjh13 5
Knoxville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Knoxville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Knoxville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Knoxville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:35 am PST

NBC Sports 6:35AM