Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Knoxville Forum

Comments (Page 2,798)

Showing posts 55,941 - 55,960 of140,479
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Wait-----what

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

You didn't think that the people we elect to represent us actually do represent us did you?.....oh wait, you did didn't you....?

Our government is a farce. Full of fat bellied, corrupt politicians that think "We the people", are "We the subservient". We are a nation of cattle being led around blindly by a plutocratic government. The government has grown into a bloated mass that needs more and more of our hard earned money to support. What do you call a horse that cannot support itself to stand? You call it lame. Our government is the same way. It cannot support itself without us. So effectually, our government is lame. What do you typically do to a horse that is lame? You put it out of it's misery. I think we need to put our government out of OUR misery.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
And the "Terrorist Surveillance Program" had anything to do with actually watching terrorists? Did you rail against that one?
Part of the reason we are in debt is the Republicans' affinity for starting wars "off the books."
Agreed.

All I want is for the federal government - Pubs & Dems alike to QUIT SPENDING SO MUCH DANG MONEY!
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Rosy Outlook - All Sunshine And Lolipops

Healthcare premiums are expected to RISE an average of 6% in 2013...Obamacare notwithstanding. Employers will face higher premiums and the costs will be passed along in part to employees.

Shipping costs will go up 4.5% to 4.9% at both UPS and FedEx.

Food prices on meat, poultry, and dairy products are all expected to rise in 2013. Last summer's drought caused lower yields for feed corn & grass. It costs more to feed animals that eat them. Ranchers and farmers reduced the size of thier herds due to the higher feed costs...therefore beef & chicken is gonna be higher. The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture expects food prices to rise 3.5%- 4% in 2013.

Social Security withholding UP - check that paycheck...it will show you.
Wait-----what

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Based on data from the Congressional Research Service, cumulative spending on means-tested federal welfare programs, if converted into cash, would equal $167.65 per day per household living below the poverty level. By comparison, the median household income in 2011 of $50,054 equals $137.13 per day. Additionally, spending on federal welfare benefits, if converted into cash payments, equals enough to provide $30.60 per hour, 40 hours per week, to each household living below poverty. The median household hourly wage is $25.03. After accounting for federal taxes, the median hourly wage drops to between $21.50 and $23.45, depending on a household’s deductions and filing status. State and local taxes further reduce the median household’s hourly earnings. By contrast, welfare benefits are not taxed.

The universe of means-tested welfare spending refers to programs that provide low-income assistance in the form of direct or indirect financial support—such as food stamps, free housing, child care, etc.—and which the recipient does not pay into (in contrast to Medicare or Social Security). For fiscal year 2011, CRS identified roughly 80 overlapping federal means-tested welfare programs that together represented the single largest budget item in 2011—more than the nation spends on Social Security, Medicare, or national defense. The total amount spent on these federal programs, when taken together with approximately $280 billion in state contributions, amounted to roughly $1 trillion. Nearly 95 percent of these costs come from four categories of spending: medical assistance, cash assistance, food assistance, and social / housing assistance. Under the President’s FY13 budget proposal, means-tested spending would increase an additional 30 percent over the next four years.

The diffuse and overlapping nature of federal welfare spending has led to some confusion regarding the scope and nature of benefits. For instance, Newark Mayor Cory Booker has recently received a great deal of attention for adopting the “food stamp challenge” in which he spends only $30 a week on food (the average individual benefit). The situation Booker presents, however, is not accurate: a low-income individual on food stamps may qualify for $25,000 in various forms of welfare support from the federal government on top of his or her existing income and resources—including access to 15 different food assistance programs. Further, even if one unrealistically assumes that no other welfare benefits are available, the size of the food stamp benefit increases as one’s income decreases, as the benefit is designed as a supplement to existing resources; it is explicitly not intended to be the sole source of funds for purchasing food.

http://budget.senate.gov/republican/public/in...
Hey

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
Fisker Auto Plant Dies
Delaware taxpayers appear to be getting soaked twice under a deal in which the Democratic governor lent $21.5 million to a hybrid electric carmaker to set up shop in the state. The company has yet to produce a car in Delaware, and taxpayers are footing the electric bill for the idle plant.
The deal was enthusiastically announced in 2009 by Gov. Jack Markell and Vice President Biden -- formerly Delaware's senior senator -- as a way to bring as many as 2,500 green jobs to the state.
This is never a good roll for the government -- corporate welfare, let the market put up the money, not the taxpayer.
Hey,Cheer up the Chevy Volt will be rolling out them eletro babies in China.
Let them damn Commies pay the bills.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
Excellent letter from a Marine.....
Senator Dianne Feinstein,
I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.
I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.
I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.
We, the people, deserve better than you.
Respectfully Submitted,
Joshua Boston
Cpl, United States Marine Corps
2004-2012
Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/dianne-feinstein/20...
Hey Marine, as a Vietnam Vet myself I have never ever registered any of my weapons, get with the program and stop your whining!
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

*I didn't say that you wouldn't take home less...I said that "taxes were not raised"...and they weren't! When the economy tanked, taxes for Main St. Americans were TEMPORARILY lowered to help them and to stimulate the Economy. The percentage of that temporary Tax Reduction for the Average Working Person was raised by 2%, which is still NOT as high as the percentage Tax Rate was before the Recession!
It is NOT a Tax Raise...it is a Reduction in the TAX BREAK that you've been getting because of the Poor Economy and...it is LOWER than the Tax Rate that you will be paying when the Ecomony fully recovers...which is the actual Tax Rate you were paying when the Economy was healthy.
Now, do you get it???
Also, the Amount that was withheld from your Check to be paid into the Social Security Fund, which was also TEMPORARILY lowered to help the Working People and to stimulate the economy...was also rstored to it former amount that it was before the Recession!
I say again...your Taxes were NOT raised, they were partially restored to their former amount BEFORE you got the TAX BREAKS, due to the Recession!
If you won't watch anything but Fox Fake News, at least, read some of the numerous Links that I put up that explains all of this, so you won't continue to be totally ignorant of anything that is happening and why! The figures of the Before , the After, and the Present all all there...you just refuse to read them because it might enlighten you alittle and Heaven forbid, that should happen...is the way you and Ignorant People like you see it. Ignorance is truly Bliss, to you! What a Shame!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Rep. Michele Bachmann(R-MN)could care less about Hurricane Sandy or re-authorizing "Violence Against Women Act".
Instead she re-introduced legislation to repeal "The Affordable Care Act". House Republicans have unsuccessfully voted "33 times" to eliminate Health Care Reform.
The biggest bull ever

Trenton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

I 've never seen so many arm chair Politicians in my life. If all of you know so much about how it should be done then perhaps you guys should run for an office and start making a change.
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Nuh wrote:
Rosy Outlook - All Sunshine And Lolipops
Healthcare premiums are expected to RISE an average of 6% in 2013...Obamacare notwithstanding. Employers will face higher premiums and the costs will be passed along in part to employees.
Shipping costs will go up 4.5% to 4.9% at both UPS and FedEx.
Food prices on meat, poultry, and dairy products are all expected to rise in 2013. Last summer's drought caused lower yields for feed corn & grass. It costs more to feed animals that eat them. Ranchers and farmers reduced the size of their herds due to the higher feed costs...therefore beef & chicken is gonna be higher. The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture expects food prices to rise 3.5%- 4% in 2013.
Social Security withholding UP - check that paycheck...it will show you.
*If you truly believe that Food Prices are going up, THIS YEAR, because of drought conditions, then you are a bigger Fool than I give you credit for.
Last year, yes, because there was a shortage due to the Drought...but this year, NO, that's NOT the reason...NOT in this Country!
Here's what's happening, I believe from reading everything I can find on the subject...We are the biggest Supplier of the World's Food supply. There are droughts in other Countries that can affect food prices for THEM, this year, but it should NOT affect ours, yet it does. Why??? Two reasons...#1-We're subsidizing the cheap food prices that the Farmers are charging other Poorer Nations for the food our Farmers send to them!#2-The Big Agri-Businesses are gouging us, using the "Drought" excuse!
The Big Oil Companies do it, among Others , and now the Big Agri-Business are doing it, too!
Think back, have you ever know any Prices for something we HAVE to have, that went up because of a legitimate reason, such as a shortage for whatever reason...to EVER go back down when that shortage was over???
And now that these Big Agri-businesses are supplying most of the World's Food Supply, they will have an excuse every year to raise the raise the price of food, by a lot, because there is ALWAYS some Natural Disaster, somewhere in the world, every year, that affects that Regions Food Supply, but they will charge us for it and make Profits that will stagger your imagination, instead of just raising the price to the Nations affected, who are usually Poorer than we are, as a Country and as Individuals!
It's always a Chain Reaction...if One Group of Greedy Corporations, such as the Big Oil Companies, do it to us, then it's not long before the Other Groups of Greedy Corporations will start doing the same thing...right now, it's the Huge Agri-businesses. They wait for an excuse and then, they "pounce" and the, they continue to do it forever, until the Gov't. steps in and puts a stop to it, which won't happen with this Teapublican-controlled Congress that caters to the Rich and Powerful, and they know it! To ever stop it, there will have to be a Democratic-controlled Congress and President and even then, the American People will have to put alot of pressure on them , to ever stop the gouging of Americans by the Huge Corporations, of any kind!
THAT is how "Bought and Paid For" Corrupt our Federal Government has become and we're ALL paying the Price and so is our Nation! There's NO HOPE for changing the Teapublicans, but there is, for changing the Democrats...at least NOW, before they get any worse. But, I don't know how long that "chance of changing them" will last, before they totally succumb to the Rich and Powerful influence, also!
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

The biggest bull ever wrote:
I 've never seen so many arm chair Politicians in my life. If all of you know so much about how it should be done then perhaps you guys should run for an office and start making a change.
*I've posted before that I have been closely watching Federal Politics since JFK was assassinated because that woke me up and I wanted to know as much as I could about what our Gov't. was doing, how it works, and why!
If you choose to stay ignorant to all of that, don't you dare criticize any of us that don't! People who make the choice that you have made, is the reason this Country is going to He*l in a Handbasket! Only a Fool does not watch what the Gov't. is doing, when it affects your Life everyday! It's the way this Country was set up to be...watched by the Public...and it's what the Founding Fathers intended us to do and it is our Patriotic Duty!
So either, Get with the Program, Do your Patriotic Duty, or Shut The He*l Up and Get Out Of the Way of the Ones of us who are trying to!
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

JVC wrote:
<quoted text>The "morons" you speak of are the Fox watchers. Most uninformed viewers in the country. Their just to dizzy to realize it. Having the most viewers means nothing . http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2011/11...
*Absolutely!
Folks, Forbes is a very Conservative Source, so if even they are trying to tell you that Fox is worthless as a legitimate News Source...how much more is it going to take to make you believe it?

Watch it if you like, but just bear in mind that it's NOT News nor is it meant to be...it's just entertainment, THAT'S ALL it is!
Seymour

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
*Absolutely!
Folks, Forbes is a very Conservative Source, so if even they are trying to tell you that Fox is worthless as a legitimate News Source...how much more is it going to take to make you believe it?
Watch it if you like, but just bear in mind that it's NOT News nor is it meant to be...it's just entertainment, THAT'S ALL it is!
I've known some know it alls, but you are amazing. Is there anything you don't need to put your two cents into?
Leroy Snot

Vonore, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

David Barton is the most dangerous person in this world! This is the guy that puts out most of the false crap that has brain washed christians and conservatives! Do some research on this guy!!! http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/01/02/to-th...
Really Sassy

Bucharest, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Seymour wrote:
<quoted text>
I've known some know it alls, but you are amazing. Is there anything you don't need to put your two cents into?
*I'm a know it all and a smart@ss.
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Seymour wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Thank You...you're pretty "incredible", yourself!
And NO, not if I have an opinion about it!
Anymore questions???
Really Sassy

Big Sandy, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>*I'm a know it all and a smart@ss.
I whole-heartedly agree!*
Pete

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> If I understand you correctly, you think a wealthy person's money is worth more than my time. I strongly disagree. Every minute I get is precious to me including the ones I am wasting now. That rich man's money is easily replaced but the 40 hours a week I may spend laboring for him will never be replaced, yet he gets a lower tax rate for his "investment" of money than I get for investing 40 hours of my life. That wealthy man may double his money or lose half of it but my 40 hours are gone forever.....yet they are taxed at a HIGHER rate than his "investments".
I will reply by saying a 40 hour investment of your time is worthless unless it provides some type of benefit for the company you are working for. You are not getting paid for your time, you are getting paid for your results. Every wage earner is being paid for the results of their work, not their time. Investors are paid for risking their money they have already paid taxes on and that rate is the same for everyone. Save your money and invest it wisely and you too can pay only investment tax rates. But every wage earner falls under the progressive tax system. You can philosophize it all you want, but this is how our current system works and has worked for quite some time. Your philosophy is why the system is broken today.
Really Sassy

Bucharest, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Leroy Snot wrote:
David Barton is the most dangerous person in this world! This is the guy that puts out most of the false crap that has brain washed christians and conservatives! Do some research on this guy!!! http://alu5.6fszqip5c23fu545.uk 35.e/2013/01/02/to-the-conserv ative-christian-leadership-hat e-is-a-virtue-audio/
*Leroy have you turned gay on me?
Pete

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> If I understand you correctly, you think a wealthy person's money is worth more than my time. I strongly disagree. Every minute I get is precious to me including the ones I am wasting now. That rich man's money is easily replaced but the 40 hours a week I may spend laboring for him will never be replaced, yet he gets a lower tax rate for his "investment" of money than I get for investing 40 hours of my life. That wealthy man may double his money or lose half of it but my 40 hours are gone forever.....yet they are taxed at a HIGHER rate than his "investments".
So you think just showing up for work means you should get paid and pay less taxes. For example, you show up for work, take an 8 hour nap, and since you have invested your time you need to make at least minimum wage, get healthcare, pay less taxes and qualify for unemployment if you are terminated due to lack of performance? Do you not see something wrong here? And you are also right by saying you will not hear Fox News supporting this philosophy. But guess what, you also won't hear a lot of other tv stations, organizations or other people supporting this philosophy. I am also amazed that you think a Topix poll legitimizes your philosophy. What type of people do you think are actually responding to a poll on Topix? Nobody uses a tv station to develop thoughts about something as important as our government and way of life. Misinformation is most often spouted by people like you who have to find some venue to spew forth an opinion. Instead of trying to guess the how's and why's of why people disagree with you, why don't you try opening your eyes and strictly looking at the facts. The only fact that is important is our debt and deficit. Having most or all of our taxes go to foreign institutions to pay interest is the death of any economy. And it is people like you that wonder why US manufacturers ship jobs overseas. If the workforce in the U.S. thinks that all they have to do is show up for work to get paid, why would a manufacturer make anything here? You are not entitled to your wages, you have to earn them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 55,941 - 55,960 of140,479
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Knoxville Forum right now

Search the Knoxville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr WTH 8,894
$25 instantly 6 hr Money girl 1
Gary Coile, Deadbeat dad...if u can call him th... (Jan '12) 7 hr Radom Man 33
James Brown Was A Huge Criminal And Jewish Holl... 7 hr Homework 7
Where is my pal, Crazy Ron? 7 hr Fitus T Bluster 5
Murray guard (Nov '12) 9 hr stir it 30
Dr. Robert Sarlo (Jun '13) 9 hr ATK 15
•••
•••