Comments
46,761 - 46,780 of 141,541 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50259
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You won't even read the Newspaper LINKs to find out what's going on and why...and they are not Links to Partisan Websites, they are Links to well-known and respected Newspaper Articles that everybody else reads every day, throught the World, and Millions of People, World-wide, subscribe to and pay money to read!

Damn People, WAKE UP! Don't stay stupid your entire Life, when the information is right in front of you!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50262
Oct 10, 2012
 
here now wrote:
here is another that you cannot call spin:
http://www.senate.gov/general/search/search_c...
OMG! Dammit PAY ATTENTION!

The Federal Government consists of three (3) Branches of Government! They are:
The Executive Branch...that is, the Presidency!
The Legislative...that is, the U.S. House of Representatives AND the U.S. Senate,
COMBINED!
The Judiciary...that is, the U.S. Supreme court!

Each BRANCH...the EXECUTIVE, LEGISLATIVE and JUDICIAL...of Government...has EQUAL, but SEPARATE, POWERS! Get it? EQUAL, BUT SEPARATE POWERS! I'll say it , again, EQUAL, BUT SEPARATE POWERS!

Our Government was set up that way by the Founding Fathers to insure that no ONE
BRANCH of Government was more powerful than the other TWO! In special circumstances One Branch can nullify an action by one of the other Branches, such as the President's Veto, but that was intended to be used very sparingly and rarely, but some Presidents have abused it, such as George W. Bush, who used his Veto Power more than any other President in recent times and maybe all of History...I'd have to
look it up to be sure, even though it was widely criticized & talked about during his time in Office!

The Senate passes Bills of Law and the House passes Policy Bills FIRST, but ALL Bills have to be passed by both the House and the Senate...and then, SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT, to become the LAW OF THE LAND!

READ THIS so some of you will have an ELEMENTARY-LEVEL knowledge of how the Federal Government actually works!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50263
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bayless wrote:
<quoted text>
The obvious answer is for the government to quit spending..I mean wasting... so much money. The main thing Americans want government to do is get off their backs.
Those would make great bumper stickers....but, what do you want "government" to stop spending money on ?
Hint, what government spends on Big Bird ain't gonna cut it.

Second and MUCH more important is to tell us how government is on your back. I run a small business and also farm. Government is not on my back, so I really would like to know how government is on yours.

I would guess that while you want government off of your back, you want government to climb all over others backs, for instance, you certainly want photo identification to vote, don't you ?
I have no doubt you support the "papers please" laws which allow "government" to demand that those who LOOK illegal to produce their papers to law enforcement, any time they ask.
How about "personhood" ? Where the "government" has it's nose in every woman's reproductive organs ?
Transvaginal ultrasounds ? Do you agree with those for women seeking abortions ?
Do you want "government" to outlaw the morning after pill, and to prosecute doctors that prescribe them ?
Should "government" be allowed to keep lists of those who buy Sudafed at the local pharmacy ?
What about drug testing for "welfare" recipients ? I would be willing to BET if I were a betting man that YOU want an entire government agency created to do that right ?

If you answer any of these things yes, you are all for government being on people's backs...just other people's not yours.
Nuh

South Pittsburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50264
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! Dammit PAY ATTENTION!
The Federal Government consists of three (3) Branches of Government! They are:
The Executive Branch...that is, the Presidency!
The Legislative...that is, the U.S. House of Representatives AND the U.S. Senate,
COMBINED!
The Judiciary...that is, the U.S. Supreme court!
Each BRANCH...the EXECUTIVE, LEGISLATIVE and JUDICIAL...of Government...has EQUAL, but SEPARATE, POWERS! Get it? EQUAL, BUT SEPARATE POWERS! I'll say it , again, EQUAL, BUT SEPARATE POWERS!
Our Government was set up that way by the Founding Fathers to insure that no ONE
BRANCH of Government was more powerful than the other TWO! In special circumstances One Branch can nullify an action by one of the other Branches, such as the President's Veto, but that was intended to be used very sparingly and rarely, but some Presidents have abused it, such as George W. Bush, who used his Veto Power more than any other President in recent times and maybe all of History...I'd have to
look it up to be sure, even though it was widely criticized & talked about during his time in Office!
The Senate passes Bills of Law and the House passes Policy Bills FIRST, but ALL Bills have to be passed by both the House and the Senate...and then, SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT, to become the LAW OF THE LAND!
READ THIS so some of you will have an ELEMENTARY-LEVEL knowledge of how the Federal Government actually works!
ObamaCare wasn't "passed" in the manner you cite.
Mitt 2012

Mount Pleasant, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50265
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Those would make great bumper stickers....but, what do you want "government" to stop spending money on ?
Hint, what government spends on Big Bird ain't gonna cut it.
Second and MUCH more important is to tell us how government is on your back. I run a small business and also farm. Government is not on my back, so I really would like to know how government is on yours.
I would guess that while you want government off of your back, you want government to climb all over others backs, for instance, you certainly want photo identification to vote, don't you ?
I have no doubt you support the "papers please" laws which allow "government" to demand that those who LOOK illegal to produce their papers to law enforcement, any time they ask.
How about "personhood" ? Where the "government" has it's nose in every woman's reproductive organs ?
Transvaginal ultrasounds ? Do you agree with those for women seeking abortions ?
Do you want "government" to outlaw the morning after pill, and to prosecute doctors that prescribe them ?
Should "government" be allowed to keep lists of those who buy Sudafed at the local pharmacy ?
What about drug testing for "welfare" recipients ? I would be willing to BET if I were a betting man that YOU want an entire government agency created to do that right ?
If you answer any of these things yes, you are all for government being on people's backs...just other people's not yours.
You are right. They do not relate to me because I take care of myself and do things right. Nice try, keep trying.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50266
Oct 10, 2012
 
Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
ObamaCare wasn't "passed" in the manner you cite.
I would have to look it up to be 100% sure since I've have moved on since then and am not still obsessed with Obamacare, like you Teapublicans are, but I am 99.9% sure that it was. Obama watered it down considerably to get the Teapublicans to vote for it. So, if it wasn't passed that way, suppose you tell me just how you think it was passed and I'll look it up to see if you're right or if you've been lied to, since I'm reasonably sure that you haven't looked it up!

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50267
Oct 10, 2012
 
BTW, I would look it up anyway and put up the Link , so that you could read it yourself, but I know you won't click on it and read it, so why bother? You woiuld rather believe the propaganda you crave than to learn the truth!
here now

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50268
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! Dammit PAY ATTENTION!
The Federal Government consists of three (3) Branches of Government! They are:
The Executive Branch...that is, the Presidency!
The Legislative...that is, the U.S. House of Representatives AND the U.S. Senate,
COMBINED!
The Judiciary...that is, the U.S. Supreme court!
Each BRANCH...the EXECUTIVE, LEGISLATIVE and JUDICIAL...of Government...has EQUAL, but SEPARATE, POWERS! Get it? EQUAL, BUT SEPARATE POWERS! I'll say it , again, EQUAL, BUT SEPARATE POWERS!
Our Government was set up that way by the Founding Fathers to insure that no ONE
BRANCH of Government was more powerful than the other TWO! In special circumstances One Branch can nullify an action by one of the other Branches, such as the President's Veto, but that was intended to be used very sparingly and rarely, but some Presidents have abused it, such as George W. Bush, who used his Veto Power more than any other President in recent times and maybe all of History...I'd have to
look it up to be sure, even though it was widely criticized & talked about during his time in Office!
The Senate passes Bills of Law and the House passes Policy Bills FIRST, but ALL Bills have to be passed by both the House and the Senate...and then, SIGNED BY THE PRESIDENT, to become the LAW OF THE LAND!
READ THIS so some of you will have an ELEMENTARY-LEVEL knowledge of how the Federal Government actually works!
Look mouthbreather. No one needs lesson from you.
Barry Obama Is a Failure

Greeneville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50269
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

David Seigel just told the world that Barry Obama is a failure. We need more CEOs like Seigel to step forward and tell their employees what the future holds with an anti-business president at the helm. It is about time that business leaders tell their employees what Obamacare and future corporate taxes will do to the headcounts at companies all over the country.
123pictures

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50270
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

really wrote:
<quoted text>that was b/s prove it
We have new prgrams here right now being established to put veterans to work.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50271
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

Mitt 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right. They do not relate to me because I take care of myself and do things right. Nice try, keep trying.
I too do things "right" so "government is not on my back.
Based on your answer I can assume that government is not on yours either. Thank you.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50272
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Nuh wrote:
<quoted text>
ObamaCare wasn't "passed" in the manner you cite.
Here is the Link anyway, telling you that the House Passed Obamacare and giving you the Vote Numbers. Read it yourself! Fox Fake News and the Teapublican Propaganda Websites LIED to you!

Click here:

http://heartland.org/policy-documents/vote-re...
123pictures

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50273
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Speaking on abortion,I agree with Ryan's remark.Incest,rape,life of the mother threat.
Not speaking for anyone but any abortion that does an invasion of the girl's body has it's own repurcussions mentally and emotionally later in life.
Prevention is the key but when it's too late,then she has to live with her choice.
AND abortions can take her life if she hemorrhages or gets a severe infection.That is something to really weigh out.
Main worry is depression or suicide that follow sometimes.Chemicl imbalances bring on severe depression.Just my opinion.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50274
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

here now wrote:
<quoted text>
Look mouthbreather. No one needs lesson from you.
Let me guess a Santorum supporter.Chuckles !!
123pictures

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50275
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Really Sassy wrote:
You won't even read the Newspaper LINKs to find out what's going on and why...and they are not Links to Partisan Websites, they are Links to well-known and respected Newspaper Articles that everybody else reads every day, throught the World, and Millions of People, World-wide, subscribe to and pay money to read!
Damn People, WAKE UP! Don't stay stupid your entire Life, when the information is right in front of you!
Do you think you're the only one gettinga Newspaper? ust for your info,mine is beside me.The pigeons brought it as we are all so backwoods to ess you tell it.
Damn,everybody else reads??And even PAY money to READ!You're the one to wake up.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50276
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

123pictures wrote:
Speaking on abortion,I agree with Ryan's remark.Incest,rape,life of the mother threat.
Not speaking for anyone but any abortion that does an invasion of the girl's body has it's own repurcussions mentally and emotionally later in life.
Prevention is the key but when it's too late,then she has to live with her choice.
AND abortions can take her life if she hemorrhages or gets a severe infection.That is something to really weigh out.
Main worry is depression or suicide that follow sometimes.Chemicl imbalances bring on severe depression.Just my opinion.
My personal opinion on abortion is similar to yours. I do not morally approve of it, but I have no wish to turn women who choose to abort into criminals, and I have no real say in this since I am NOT a woman who must carry the child for 9 months.
You said a mouthful when you said "prevention" was the key to this problem. THIS is why I support the efforts of Planned Parenthood that does the lions share of their work on contraception. They are being villified and Mitt says he will defund them.....almost assuring MORE not less abortions.
This choice should be between a woman and her God. In my opinion there should NOT be a third entity involved (the government) in this.
This ties in with that "getting government off people's back" argument. This is a case where those folks want government involved in every woman's reproductive parts.
123pictures

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50277
Oct 10, 2012
 
ess=see =correction.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50278
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Keep your nose out of other Peoples' business on personal issues , such as Abortion, Religion, and anything else that is a private and Personal issue and should stay that way! It's none of any of you Peoples' Business, if you're not the One trying to decide what's best for yourself and you have NO RIGHT to tell anybody else what to do!

People are fed up with it and if you persist, there's going to be WAR and you will LOSE!
Floridian stickyfingers

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50280
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Really Sassy wrote:
It's none of any of you Peoples' Business, if you're not the One trying to decide what's best for yourself and you have NO RIGHT to tell anybody else what to do!
People are fed up with it and if you persist, there's going to be WAR and you will LOSE!
You're suth a sothiopath, and so unFAIRth!!!!
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50281
Oct 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

mike wrote:
<quoted text>get your facts straight dumbass,President Bush has vetoed only five bills. The next President with less vetoes than GW Bush was James Garfield in 1881 (although he was President for only 6 months), so one would actually have to go further back.
The issue of his first veto was he felt the government shouldn't provide federal funding for embryonic stem cell research which has no proven positives, while other stem cell forms do such as adult stem cell.
Source(s):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Uni
There were actually 12 George W. Bush vetoes...still a tiny number for a two term modern president.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Knoxville Forum right now

Search the Knoxville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hamblen County Sheriff's Department cuts ties w... (Jul '07) 23 min don 294
Good tattoo artists? (Aug '12) 2 hr And 11
The Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Culture of Slaughter ... 2 hr And 6
Bearden Healthcare Associates (Mar '13) 3 hr The truth 86
New Pain Clinic 4 hr looking 5
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr Zeke 8,980
R.I.P. Phil Everly (Jan '14) 4 hr Maria Elena 9
•••
•••
•••
Knoxville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Knoxville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Knoxville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Knoxville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Knoxville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••