Announcing the Death of EastTown Mall...

Announcing the Death of EastTown Mall (Knoxville Center Mall)

Posted in the Knoxville Forum

NMW4I

Knoxville, TN

#1 Jul 19, 2010
http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx...

"The Knox County school superintendent, Dr. Jim McIntyre, supports the idea. He wants to create a non-traditional school for 250 high school students who have gotten off track academically at a traditional high school."

Translation: School for Problem Kids.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx...

http://www.knoxviews.com/node/12971
""Simon Youth Foundation will pay for the lease of the space," the superintendent said. "We'll be required to pay for one-third of the build out cost and that's in our capital plan for about $75,000."

Before the plans can be put into action, the Board of Education must approve the concept and then the school system can go through the formal application process with Simon Youth Foundation."

Who is Simon Youth Foundation?
Guess who...peek-a-boo....
I give you one guess.
Hint: it isn't Muslims.

http://www.syf.org/syf.aspx...

"Simon".. now where have I heard that name?
http://www.simon.com/search/searchresults.asp...

Ok - Now I get it - take a failing business property, tie it to public funds, and do the Parasite Dance!
Earl Keese

Nashville, TN

#2 Jul 19, 2010
wow, just look at all the people here thrilled that you've supplied such vital information to the community at large.

looks like our little blogger boy is setting his sights on local affairs now.

oh danny-O.
somebody really needs to get you a clue.

we all know the travails of that beleaguered mall.
and who simon is.
once again, looks like you're a year or two late and more than a few dollars short.
NMW4I

Knoxville, TN

#5 Jul 19, 2010
MONTROSE 1973 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey E.K.!.....This dude is going to his grave with a hate filled heart..Not our problem,He must answer for his own down-fall..HIMSELF.May the Almighty have mercy on his soul.
"cuz everbody knows that israel is God.. yuk yuk yuk"
NMW4I

Knoxville, TN

#7 Jul 19, 2010
MONTROSE 1973 wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong 'o lost one....God is everything.
Montrose finally cuts himself loose from Christian Ziotard Heresy!

Congratulations.
Read that NT before you get sucked back into the Talmudvision.
D
NMW4I

Knoxville, TN

#8 Jul 19, 2010
in fact, go ahead and get really stoned and do it (if you must).
Earl Keese

Nashville, TN

#9 Jul 19, 2010
MONTROSE 1973 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey E.K.!.....This dude is going to his grave with a hate filled heart..Not our problem,He must answer for his own down-fall..HIMSELF.May the Almighty have mercy on his soul.
so very true.
i just like watching this toad post up day after frikkin' day.
it's nothing but fear mongering.
most of the replies he gets, are just him talking back to himself with his usual copy/paste.

the twat is sooooo far off the deep end over all of this stuff that he's powerless to do anything about.

chicken little ain't got nothin' on this conspiracy freak.
Flying High

Hodgenville, KY

#11 Jul 22, 2010
Its actually not a school for "troubled" teens. It is for those who has to raise their handicapped parents. It is for those who can't stay in class for having to make money to support family.
Eyes on you

United States

#12 Jul 24, 2010
Well, I don't give a crap about East Town or the rest of Knoxville .......... we stopped shopping in Knox County a little over 3 years ago.

We were stopped by police one evening just at dusk because of a tail light out. The Cop held us for almost an hour. He would not let me "fix" the light on the spot... wrote me ticket and I had to go to court. Then after scheduling a day off work to go to court the date got changed... I lost a days work.

The Cop just knew my old car meant a drug bust for sure......... well not so! Just a tail light out that probably blew because of the damn rough streets....... not my fault!

But there is one thing for sure... my dollars will never be expended in Knox County again! That includes several people in my family and a few close friends! I tell that experience everytime I get a chance to do so!

Dollars do turn over in the econmy many times... they know that at the Chamber of Commerce, Tourism, and at Economic Development!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#14 Jul 24, 2010
Earl Keese wrote:
wow, just look at all the people here thrilled that you've supplied such vital information to the community at large.
looks like our little blogger boy is setting his sights on local affairs now.
oh danny-O.
somebody really needs to get you a clue.
we all know the travails of that beleaguered mall.
and who simon is.
once again, looks like you're a year or two late and more than a few dollars short.
You mean it's not this Simon?
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2623/412996081...
LOGIC PLEASE

Knoxville, TN

#15 Jul 25, 2010
Eyes on you wrote:
Well, I don't give a crap about East Town or the rest of Knoxville .......... we stopped shopping in Knox County a little over 3 years ago.
We were stopped by police one evening just at dusk because of a tail light out. The Cop held us for almost an hour. He would not let me "fix" the light on the spot... wrote me ticket and I had to go to court. Then after scheduling a day off work to go to court the date got changed... I lost a days work.
The Cop just knew my old car meant a drug bust for sure......... well not so! Just a tail light out that probably blew because of the damn rough streets....... not my fault!
But there is one thing for sure... my dollars will never be expended in Knox County again! That includes several people in my family and a few close friends! I tell that experience everytime I get a chance to do so!
Dollars do turn over in the econmy many times... they know that at the Chamber of Commerce, Tourism, and at Economic Development!
Perhaps it is because or cops are psychic.
They knew you are an assholeio.
You are too cheap to fix your light,so we will not miss your bigASS buckeye money.
I know,,,,where you live,there are no cops.
Please do not return.
Or better yet,give out your vehicle tag number,and we will watch out for you.Did you notice that you were in a good neighborhood?I know,,,a rare thing in your town.
duh

Nashville, TN

#16 Aug 31, 2010
Whatever you do don't take your kids to the so called dance studio in the mall its a joke just like the two "ladies" that run it!
DIKLINERPANZO

Denver, CO

#18 Apr 20, 2011
BULLDOZE THE MALL, AND ALL OFKNOXVILLE WHILE YOUR AT IT...
EastTowneGirl

Nashville, TN

#19 Apr 27, 2011
Eyes on you wrote:
Well, I don't give a crap about East Town or the rest of Knoxville .......... we stopped shopping in Knox County a little over 3 years ago.
We were stopped by police one evening just at dusk because of a tail light out. The Cop held us for almost an hour. He would not let me "fix" the light on the spot... wrote me ticket and I had to go to court. Then after scheduling a day off work to go to court the date got changed... I lost a days work.
The Cop just knew my old car meant a drug bust for sure......... well not so! Just a tail light out that probably blew because of the damn rough streets....... not my fault!
But there is one thing for sure... my dollars will never be expended in Knox County again! That includes several people in my family and a few close friends! I tell that experience everytime I get a chance to do so!
Dollars do turn over in the econmy many times... they know that at the Chamber of Commerce, Tourism, and at Economic Development!
OK, good to know. So why the hell are you snooping around in the Knox forum if you don't live here, don't give a crap, found a better place to live, converted all your family and friends to Knox-haters, etc.? I have gripes just like everyone else, but I try to gripe about something when it actually affects me. If you're so glad you don't have to deal with Knoxville anymore, why don't you go to the forum where you do live and talk about how great everything is on Sunshine Ln. from behind your white picket fence?
Voter

United States

#21 Apr 30, 2011
Easttownnmall died 20 years ago; west town mall wasn't more than a few years behind it. Pparking my suv at either isn't worth the repairs from theft. Securitybis a joke. I'll take turkey creek anytime,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tennessee Democrats 1 hr Need to know 106
The Knoxville News Sentinel Protest Daily 3 hr Yanni Smith 42
Preps coverage in KNS 4 hr John Holmes 1
News Family defends fourth suspect in Hamblen murder (Mar '08) 4 hr really 31
News Knoxville petition created to remove confederat... 10 hr ThomasA 32
Please consider helping my school by signing th... 11 hr pauladenny 1
Who is doing this 11 hr Need to know 7

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages