Teen Gang Forces Mom, 12-Year-Old Son...

Teen Gang Forces Mom, 12-Year-Old Son to Have Sex

Posted in the Knoxville Forum

Joe

Flat Rock, NC

#1 Jul 6, 2007
"According to police, a group of teens cut the mother and son with sharp objects, broke a plate over the boy's head, poured cleaning solution into his eyes and forced him at gunpoint to participate in the sexual assault."

Two teenagers have been arrested on charges that they gang-raped a mother and forced her to have sex with her 12-year-old son.

Authorities said 14-year-old Avion Lawson and 16-year-old Nathan Walker are being charged as adults with armed sexual battery by multiple perpetrators, sexual performance by a child, armed home invasion and aggravated battery.

Lawson was arrested Tuesday after police said they matched DNA evidence found on a condom in the victim's home to the teen.

Walker was taken into custody Thursday after police said they found the teen's left palm print inside the victim's apartment.

Both teens are being held in the Palm Beach County Jail without bail.

Authorities said the boys were among a group of about 10 suspects who forced their way into the woman's Dunbar Village home on the night of June 18.

According to police reports, a young man tricked the victim into opening the door of her home after he told her that the tires on his vehicle were flat.

Police said the woman and her son were then ambushed by three masked teens carrying weapons, who pushed the two back into the home.

Investigators said seven other teens entered the home and demanded money while separating the two victims into different bedrooms.

According to police reports, the mother was then raped and beaten by all 10 teens.

Police said the victim's preteen son had a plate smashed over his head and numerous household liquids poured into his eyes. Investigators said the boy was also forced at gunpoint to participate in the sexual assault.

The invaders eventually fled the scene after more than 20 minutes inside of the victim's home, police told WPBF-TV.

Following the attack, police said the woman and her son walked a mile to the hospital.

Police told WPBF-TV they are still searching for as many as eight more invaders in the case, all of whom they said they believe to be between 14 and 18 years old.
http://www.wpbf.com/news/13630001/detail.html

Marvin

Dearborn, MI

#3 Jul 6, 2007
You know the mainstream media will brush this one under the rug. No Nancy Grace, No Donny Deutsch, No Bill O'Reilly. But I'll tell you the only national source of information that you'll read about stuff like this... The Internet. This one is so sick, it's numbing. Visit VNNforum dot com if you'd like to know more news-stories that the mainstream media covers-up.
AMadBlackMan

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 Jul 6, 2007
This is sick.But VNN and all you redneck buddies.....Keep to your white neighborhoods and keep your white druggies out of the projects......Thats why crap like this keeps happening.Also take the Simpsons,Family Guy cartoons off the TV.See your little Cracklings has got a bad enough role models when they look to you,now they got that crap on TV too.

“But it's better if you do”

Since: Jul 07

Karns

#5 Jul 7, 2007
This is really sad. That poor family, having to walk to the hospital afterwards and everything. Would her neighbors not help them get an ambulance or drive them? How horrible. That boy will never be normal after that.

It's terrible that so many young people resort to senseless violence and commit atrocities. It seems our culture almost endorses such actions in the media and otherwise. This kind of violence is in our music, our movies, our television and in our words, and we wonder why kids (regardless of ethnicity) lash out. In this case, the extreme nature of what was done implies that there may be more to this than just a bunch of kids with a lot of hate in their hearts. Someone in this group had to have been seriously disturbed.

We have enough white supremacist activists as it is, thanks. I don't care if this case never gets any airtime on the national media, if it keeps a bunch of red necks from running up and down our streets in sheets. Justice will be served if they ever catch all the kids involved in this. And besides that, if this happened in Palm Beach, it's getting national attention, because guess what? We're talking about it here. So keep your racist pants on.

I feel silly for not understanding your point better, but what do the Simpsons and Family Guy have anything to do with this? Sure, they can be offensive cartoons, but there are better examples of racist programing on television. Carlos Mencia is an example. The man is purposefully and blatantly offensive. Sure, he claims to do it without ill will, but that does not make it ethical to demean others regardless of their ethnicity, gender, or whether or not they are disabled. It's impolite and it breeds contempt. He deals out cheap shots to get ratings, he thrives on his shock value and that's unacceptable.

Since: Apr 07

Phillyburbs

#6 Jul 7, 2007
AMadBlackMan wrote:
This is sick.But VNN and all you redneck buddies.....Keep to your white neighborhoods and keep your white druggies out of the projects......Thats why crap like this keeps happening.Also take the Simpsons,Family Guy cartoons off the TV.See your little Cracklings has got a bad enough role models when they look to you,now they got that crap on TV too.
Are you really black? And, if so, why are you angry?

Just curious?

Phillyburbs

#7 Jul 7, 2007
"SICK?" No. That is an understatement.

Phillyburbs

#8 Jul 7, 2007
Karns Lady wrote:
This is really sad. That poor family, having to walk to the hospital afterwards and everything. Would her neighbors not help them get an ambulance or drive them? How horrible. That boy will never be normal after that.
It's terrible that so many young people resort to senseless violence and commit atrocities. It seems our culture almost endorses such actions in the media and otherwise. This kind of violence is in our music, our movies, our television and in our words, and we wonder why kids (regardless of ethnicity) lash out. In this case, the extreme nature of what was done implies that there may be more to this than just a bunch of kids with a lot of hate in their hearts. Someone in this group had to have been seriously disturbed.
We have enough white supremacist activists as it is, thanks. I don't care if this case never gets any airtime on the national media, if it keeps a bunch of red necks from running up and down our streets in sheets. Justice will be served if they ever catch all the kids involved in this. And besides that, if this happened in Palm Beach, it's getting national attention, because guess what? We're talking about it here. So keep your racist pants on.
I feel silly for not understanding your point better, but what do the Simpsons and Family Guy have anything to do with this? Sure, they can be offensive cartoons, but there are better examples of racist programing on television. Carlos Mencia is an example. The man is purposefully and blatantly offensive. Sure, he claims to do it without ill will, but that does not make it ethical to demean others regardless of their ethnicity, gender, or whether or not they are disabled. It's impolite and it breeds contempt. He deals out cheap shots to get ratings, he thrives on his shock value and that's unacceptable.
I agree with you, and yes, these kids are disturbed.

How could a person even think of doing something like this? This was a "disgusting" crime.
Delia

Palatka, FL

#9 Jul 7, 2007
I can't believe no one has covered this.
Where the fk are the Nancy Grace's of the world when a serious news story like this happens???
Every single one of those rapists deserves the death penalty. Regardless of their age, creed, color..doesn't matter.
What they did was unacceptable.
The mother and that child could commit suicide carrying traumatic scars like that.
And all they did was try to help someone out.
White man

Macon, GA

#11 Jul 9, 2007
What???!!!! Black people aint violent. They just as nice and good as white folks. Thats why the black neighborhoods are soooo safe. They nice!!!! Soon the whole country gonna be black neighborhoods. Then the whole country gonna be nice!!!!! Real nice!!!
AMADWHITEBOY

Clinton, TN

#12 Jul 9, 2007
AMadBlackMan wrote:
WHAT'S THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?? Get real, yo!!
Confused

Rochester, NY

#13 Jul 10, 2007
AMadBlackMan wrote:
I dont understand what this has to do with white people the family is from hatti and the two boys that have been arrested are both black what does Family Guy have to do with this any way Id look a little closer at certain aspects of black culture before I assigned blame
no words

Royal Oak, MI

#15 Jul 13, 2007
This totally is one of the most Heinous acts I have ever heard of ..and its not media mentioned. Or I missed it. I hope that all the individuals that either " touched" "watched" or was even a thought within this act of Animal .. Is not even given the opportunity to breathe. These young ppl who chose to take upon this Woman and child/son as their circus ride, thrill, Demonic pleasure -have no human rights as far as I can see. This is utterly human torture. And It needs to be brought to attention. And these $*)%$*)$ responsible damn them to hell .. they do Deserve to be dropped off at the most jacked up no officer's allowed ... Lifer Prison for about a Month. Their reward is to have bleach poured in their eyes. Then they can complete the task of changing a flat tire and if they fail, Back to the Hotel, for a repeat. If they survive the first round. Anyone that Hurts a child * women,men * innocent - needs to be just PUT OUT.
Called take em out back... Its done.
freigthen of all you

AOL

#17 Jun 21, 2008
I am appaulled by everyone's behavior except one who did not address the racism. It is not about a black, white, purple, orange, green, yellow or whatever color.
It is a crime being committed on two people who were not able to defend themselves against a pack of teenagers. Also, the vicitums had to take a mile walk of humilation and then be treated with humilation by the hospital staff and police officers. The Rape Examination is not fun to go through and they will have to sit in court and be exposed to the rape ten times as their lawyers tell her she wanted it and etc.
All you can sit here and talk about racism.....unbelievable. BTW news flash the USA is the only country who classifies the citizens by the color of their skin. In Hati, they are not consider black at all. They are people as you and me. So Drop the bull crap racism and deal with the problem.
The problems I can see is the media, entertainment and some males glorifies crime and the rape of the women. It needs to stop, now or there will not be any children to grow up and no adults in society. They will be dead or in jail. Get with the facts people, they are asking for death pentalities for the youths quicker than adults. We, as adults, need to straighten out society and our youths. If my son participated in a crime such as this- his azz would ask to stay in prision because I would be his worst nightmare. If his father taught him this behavior than I would be his worst nightmare as well. I know how to defend myself and when I say "NO" its a no and you still take it than I have the right to defend myself---if you come out injury or dead it was your choice.
Women need to get into a self-defense courses and learn to fight back. When someone comes to the door, you do not have a light or if you do, tell them to hang on and call 911, and I bet that flat tire will have air in it when they arrive. Lock your house up at night do not let no one in after dark. I do not care if you hear a baby ...call the police. If it is legit than it will be still there when the police comes.
Neighborhood watch needs to begin and stop allowing crime to take over your neighborhood.
Also, these wanta-be ganagsters checked out the house prior and chosed it based on certain criteria. Single, Family, Woman, No man, Elderly, Money, and etc. Next time, bust two or three and they will not be back.
The Neighborhood Watch and everyone should have pictures of all the children in the neighborhood in a book for references and when a new child is in the block snap his picture add to book and put date in when he was seen. If seen three times notify the police because he is up to no good. Understand what I am saying? Have a contact person at the police station. Yes I know there are some police scared to come to certain part of the city well its their job. Write down call, time, date, who you spoken too, reason and their reply. They will show up.
This is what we are suppose to discuss possible resolutions not bs and addressing the problems. Stop hiding behind issues are not at hand but the issues that are being discussed.
Help those who are in need of help no one should be walking to the hospital after rape and being beatng. Who has a car or moped they are not using and can fix it up for a family like this? Who can help them to put a light on their side walk and a stronger lock on their door? Who can help them? I want to know ....WHO?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News West Knoxville apartments requires DNA testing ... 1 hr courtneyious 1
News Knoxville gang member wona t get parole after t... 7 hr Leroy 1
who remembers "tuckahoe beach" in east knoxville? (Aug '08) 8 hr Big Mike 21
Good tattoo artists? (Aug '12) 13 hr thatguy 28
The Illegals 13 hr Justsomeguy 2
6412 Beaver Ridge Road house (Sep '14) Fri Curious 5
News NWS: Radar captures images of migrating birds Fri Lol 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages