Knoxville mom upset by video showing ...

Knoxville mom upset by video showing New Hampshire boy almost hit by car at bus stop

There are 17 comments on the WATE-TV Knoxville story from Monday Sep 10, titled Knoxville mom upset by video showing New Hampshire boy almost hit by car at bus stop. In it, WATE-TV Knoxville reports that:

Ellie Whitesell is upset by a video taken in New Hampshire. The video shows two young boys in New Hampshire waiting for the school bus with their mom.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WATE-TV Knoxville.

omg

Tate, GA

#1 Monday Sep 10
Knoxville just had a kid hit crossing the street by an effin moron driving a truck who decided that the woman in front of him who actually stopped at a crosswalk was holding him up, so he pulled around her and stuck the boy in the crosswalk. Responding officer just looked at the boy and said he was okay and didn't need an ambulance, but a lady insisted, and the kid was taken to the hospital where he needed surgery. We have some of the worst drivers in our area.
oh my gosh

New York, NY

#2 Monday Sep 10
This is such big, big news.... BTW, sounds like you have some of the worst cops.
just the facts maam

Tate, GA

#3 Tuesday Sep 11
oh my gosh wrote:
This is such big, big news.... BTW, sounds like you have some of the worst cops.
We have an ignorant, misguided liberal democrat mayor who picks out our police chief based on politics, gender, and not qualifications. We have to end the mayor's regime to start improving the city.
JReb

United States

#4 Tuesday Sep 11
oh my gosh wrote:
Why do you hate America! You should be ashamed!
Grimys dinner buckit

United States

#5 Tuesday Sep 11
im upset too cuz i did not get to see it . can some one post it so we all can enjoy it . thank you Grimy
Knoxville Rules

Louisville, TN

#7 Wednesday Sep 12
Stopping for pedestrians in a crosswalk is considered a option in Knoxville. Marked crosswalks are just a warning to drivers they may damaged their vehicle when the elderly or children walk into the road.
knox knoc

New York, NY

#8 Wednesday Sep 12
Funny and true
splo

Maryville, TN

#9 Wednesday Sep 12
omg wrote:
Knoxville just had a kid hit crossing the street by an effin moron driving a truck who decided that the woman in front of him who actually stopped at a crosswalk was holding him up, so he pulled around her and stuck the boy in the crosswalk. Responding officer just looked at the boy and said he was okay and didn't need an ambulance, but a lady insisted, and the kid was taken to the hospital where he needed surgery. We have some of the worst drivers in our area.
Boy did you ever get it all wrong lol. The Mother of the child stopped in an illegal lane, sent the kid out around the front of the car, kid steps out in front of the truck, which was traveling slowly and in his legal lane. Knoxville Police called an ambulance for the child a cited the Mother.
jreb shortneck

North York, Canada

#10 Wednesday Sep 12
JReb wrote:
<quoted text>

Why do you hate America! You should be ashamed!
And you got all of this out of that post !!!!
JReb

United States

#11 Wednesday Sep 12
splo wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy did you ever get it all wrong lol. The Mother of the child stopped in an illegal lane, sent the kid out around the front of the car, kid steps out in front of the truck, which was traveling slowly and in his legal lane. Knoxville Police called an ambulance for the child a cited the Mother.
I bet if the police looked at her google history they would find that she searched for things like "child free lifestyle" and "how to make it look like an accident".
omg

Tate, GA

#12 Wednesday Sep 12
splo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I got it exactly right, the incident I was speaking of was near sarah moore greene school while the one in the kns was at vine middle. Some of you are limited to just the news reported by our local rag and stations who either deliberately don't report all the news or the 3rd grade girl reporter had a soccer match that day?

There is a deliberate attempt to doctor/censor local news to protect dems, the mayor, and some others. I wholeheartedly support the knox county sheriff's office, but noticed that they have stopped putting addresses for arrestees on their web site. These have been useful to distinguish people with similar names and by local neighborhood watch groups to be aware of criminals in their neighborhoods. Spangler - we supported you and you are hiding facts and like kpd, encrypting radio traffic to hide officer mischief. Please err on the side of transparency and not coverups like we have seen in the past. If local media had any investigative reporters, they would look into who got paid for the new radio system for kfd, kpd, and kcso. It will be a tough job for anyone to root out corruption, but spangler and eve have their work cut our for them. Restoring the radio traffic and addresses would be a step forward to the light.
Rare agreement

Woodbridge, NJ

#13 Wednesday Sep 12
Post # 12 ; Spangler - we supported you and you are hiding facts and like kpd, encrypting radio traffic to hide officer mischief. Please err on the side of transparency and not coverups like we have seen in the past. If local media had any investigative reporters, they would look into who got paid for the new radio system for kfd, kpd, and kcso. It will be a tough job for anyone to root out corruption, but spangler and eve have their work cut our for them. Restoring the radio traffic and addresses would be a step forward to the light.

I agree with almost nothing you say but this part of your post I agree with. It is very dangerous for a free society to have a secret police force !! Of course there are some communications that need to be encrypted with a citizen board approval. Some cities have this board. The community needs and should know what their police are doing.
ThomasA

Guntersville, AL

#14 Thursday Sep 13
Knoxville Rules wrote:
Stopping for pedestrians in a crosswalk is considered a option in Knoxville. Marked crosswalks are just a warning to drivers they may damaged their vehicle when the elderly or children walk into the road.
Some people think it's an option in Gatlinburg too . Drivers come on through the crosswalks even with people in the middle of the street. The old "I'm from out of town and didn't know I had to stop" excuse doesn't hold water. The crosswalks are clearly marked with big signs so maybe more tickets would help spread the word to STOP!
Shannonjoelsqura

La Vergne, TN

#17 Thursday Sep 13
omg wrote:
<quoted text>

Actually, I got it exactly right, the incident I was speaking of was near sarah moore greene school while the one in the kns was at vine middle. Some of you are limited to just the news reported by our local rag and stations who either deliberately don't report all the news or the 3rd grade girl reporter had a soccer match that day?

There is a deliberate attempt to doctor/censor local news to protect dems, the mayor, and some others. I wholeheartedly support the knox county sheriff's office, but noticed that they have stopped putting addresses for arrestees on their web site. These have been useful to distinguish people with similar names and by local neighborhood watch groups to be aware of criminals in their neighborhoods. Spangler - we supported you and you are hiding facts and like kpd, encrypting radio traffic to hide officer mischief. Please err on the side of transparency and not coverups like we have seen in the past. If local media had any investigative reporters, they would look into who got paid for the new radio system for kfd, kpd, and kcso. It will be a tough job for anyone to root out corruption, but spangler and eve have their work cut our for them. Restoring the radio traffic and addresses would be a step forward to the light.
Your correct ,there was two happenings up in here
Just Facts

United States

#18 Thursday Sep 13
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> Some people think it's an option in Gatlinburg too . Drivers come on through the crosswalks even with people in the middle of the street. The old "I'm from out of town and didn't know I had to stop" excuse doesn't hold water. The crosswalks are clearly marked with big signs so maybe more tickets would help spread the word to STOP!
Gatlinburg strictly enforces crosswalk laws, especially on locals! Out of town drivers follow locals on rules of the road. If locals are stopping at crosswalks, guest will do the same. Gatlinburg had a big problem with pedestrians being hit and with strong enforcement, that number has been greatly reduced. Before you spew your usual BS, provide some recent pedestrian accident data. No reply from me unless you have FACTS!
Grimys dinner buckit

United States

#19 Thursday Sep 13
Just Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Gatlinburg strictly enforces crosswalk laws, especially on locals! Out of town drivers follow locals on rules of the road. If locals are stopping at crosswalks, guest will do the same. Gatlinburg had a big problem with pedestrians being hit and with strong enforcement, that number has been greatly reduced. Before you spew your usual BS, provide some recent pedestrian accident data. No reply from me unless you have FACTS!
you need to shut the hell up
ThomasA

Guntersville, AL

#20 Thursday Sep 13
Just Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact! I was there this past weekend for the Shades Car Show. I personally saw situations where people didn't stop for people already out in the clearly marked crosswalks as they should. Do you think there needs to be a body count before you believe it's happening? If so step out, keep walking and dare them not to stop .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White House Still In Turmoil 49 min pine nut 8
North Korea Recommitted to Denuclearize 1 hr Jackhammer 3
Baby Boomers A Generation of Hedonism 2 hr Grimys dinner buckit 7
News Under Donald Trump, more cops are acting as imm... 2 hr truth 103
News 5 Chattanooga Women Charged With Shoplifting At... 3 hr Yo Momma Black 5
Hair Hatted Hooligans 19 hr Yo Momma Black 1
News Recode Knoxville will affect all 73,000 propert... 22 hr Set people free 1

Knoxville Jobs

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages