Rooms to Go/Best Buy TV packages SUCK
TN Voter

Clinton, TN

#42 Dec 31, 2013
You get what you pay for!!! You buy cheap.... You get cheap! I looked at RTG and what I saw was far from impressive.... RTG is good for younger folks and couples, but don't expect long term use
Jungle balls

Loudon, TN

#43 Dec 31, 2013
You are an idiot for considering RTG.
JPI

Mansfield, TX

#44 Jan 17, 2014
The other thing is the warranty, I bought the 3 year warranty package and they assure me they would replace anything that broke, well one of my couches started peeling and I called them, not they are telling me that I get a 1145 dls credit to pick a new set, which it not enough to but what I had, and of course I have to pay the taxes and delivery etc. What a scam, I am probably going to sue them.
TriedRTG

Franklin, KY

#45 Feb 8, 2014
I purchased a bedroom set with a "high end" mattress. The dresser drawers needed adjusting and the mirror was defective, but they took care of those very quickly. The biggest problem was the Simmons mattress. They are warrantied for 10 years and then 20 years "pro-rated". In the first two months the top foam on the mattress compressed and became incredibly uncomfortable. We called customer service and they sent out a tech to verify that the mattress was defective. We received a replacement and now the same thing happened. Now we have to get a different mattress as a replacement because they do not give refunds. The replacement mattress we chose is less money but they won't let us get that back either. They will, however, give us credit for the price difference but we need to make the decision immediately and not use it as "store credit". All I can say is, if it sounds too good to be true, it is. Buyer beware.
Brad

Metairie, LA

#46 Feb 21, 2014
Rooms to gois ripping everyone off. I have bought about 10,000 worth of furniture from them over the last 3 years. When it comes time for warranty work they never honor it making excuses every time. The last thing we had a problem with was a bed. Now we have to pay 99.00 so they can supposedly ship it back. Also they tell you your getting a free tv and you actually pay 400 buck for it and they don't show it on the receipt. I started buying from Ashley now and it is much nicer.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#47 Feb 22, 2014
TN Voter wrote:
You get what you pay for!!! You buy cheap.... You get cheap! I looked at RTG and what I saw was far from impressive.... RTG is good for younger folks and couples, but don't expect long term use
Actually, though i wore out my chair...we bought a leather couch and loveseat that are still doing fine, after 15 years.....but, i would guess that HDTV is likely the cheapest set available....you are right, that they likely serve those that yearn for the best, at the lowest price...an equation that rarely ever works....
Angela Simon

United States

#48 Feb 23, 2014
I'm moving in a new place and need furniture. I had being looking at RTG living room sets and fell in love with the Briar Row set. I looked at it online often before I went to the store to purchase it. I went in yesterday (2/22/14). Immediately I was approached by several ppl. I didnt really want a sales person cuz I already knew what I wanted. Anyway the salesman, John, told me he'd take me to that particular set, but also showed me others. We got to the furniture and some of the pillows looked familiar with the burnt orange dots but the sofa, love seat and chairs didnt. The color was very dark; a greenish gray. The color of the set I saw online was a very light, off white or beige color. I told John that it wasnt the same set because this was a lot darker than the one online. He said it was. It had almost the same name, Briar Row gray. I proceeded to pull up the pic online. He said it just looked lighter online but this was the same thing. I didnt really like it cuz it had striped pillows n no where on the online did it say or have stripes. The tables were no longer available so I had to pick 3 other tables. I took pics & bought the set. Took all of 15 minutes frm start to finish. When I got home I kept looking at the online pic comparing it to the pics I has taken frm the showroom. Clearly this was not the same set. The next day I called the store n explained. I was told to come in to make changes. Ok.I went in, found a salesperson. John was called and I was told I could cancel or exchange at the back office. I went to the back office only to be told my salesperson had to help me.I'm getting aggrevated. John was called to the back. I saw him abt 15 mins later n he told me he'd be with me shortly. To make an even longer story short, he never came back. I was referred to the manager who proceeded to tell me I had the same set in the pic when clearly Ray Charles could see that it wasnt. I had my money refunded and promised to never go there again for furniture. I am highly dissatisfied, disgusted n down right pissed off at my intelligence being insulted! They have lost me as a customer. And don't think I wont tell my story to others.
Yer Out

Morristown, TN

#49 Feb 23, 2014
Made In China by enslaved children with the cheapest materials possible. How do you think they save enough to throw a "free" $1500+ tv into the deal?

Location hidden

#50 Feb 24, 2014
That HDTV is the lowest model available, and not worth $600.....
Concepcion

Houston, TX

#51 Mar 6, 2014
Trying to get a new living room set with TV package but am afraid to go with rtg :( many bad reviews :(
Advice wanted about buyin

Pine Bluff, AR

#53 Mar 25, 2014
Someone wants to sell me a 50 inch LED Insignia TV that he says he got free with the purchase of a couch. He says he has the Best Buy Receipt but won't let me open the box. My question is this.....if the TV is damaged can I still use his receipt and bring it back for Best Buy to Honor?

Thanks
Lisa
OakRidgeResident wrote:
We bought an entire packaqe and have had no problem whatsoever. Our furniture was delivered, plus the extra entertainment center and the gift card was activated exactly 5 days after we got the furniture with a dollar amount of $859 to spend however we wanted to in Best Buy. Someone got the wrong information out there. We have had absolutely no problem. Even sold the entertainment center with the gift card and it saved us $700 when it was all said and done.....
Monnique

Memphis, TN

#54 Mar 27, 2014
I also purchased the complete room package but I had no problems. I did have to wait 5 days for the gift card activation but once at best buy I had no trouble. They offered the tv suggested by RTG but also suggested several others that the gift card could be applied towards. Three years later I still have the same furniture and my tv works great!
have sense

Tyler, TX

#55 May 24, 2014
If they give you a gift card.....get whatever tv you want!
Reina Spring Texas

Spring, TX

#56 Jun 20, 2014
I wish we had done our homework before going to RTG. We purchased their one of their bundles two weeks ago. The first delivery was one time, but the tv stand was damaged on the way to our home, and the delivery team said they couldn't leave it with us, so they set it up to be delivered 8 days later. My husband called RTG and asked if this would delayed us getting our tv they assured us it would not, but it would take 5 business days, for the gift card to be loaded, this is not what the salesman told us at the time of purchase. So today our tv stand was delivered and of course we called the gift card to see if it was loaded, shocker it wasn't....my husband called the store and spoke to the manager and he refused to refund our money, or take the furniture back. He said because their people didn't change the information on their computer, we will not get our tv till next week. At this point we are extremely upset, we're not getting anywhere, I've been on the phone with their customer services, the president's hot line. Nothing was resolved, we even told them that we will never do business with them again....they said okay.
Ben Hawkins

Naples, FL

#57 Jul 29, 2014
We received the furniture with some small damages. RTG is going to send replacements. Our gift card was activated in THREE days, but BB says that the TV advertised in not in stock, except an hour away, but they'll give us another one of greater value anyway. I don't know enough about Plasma vs LED to know if they are screwing me or not. Any ideas?

Location hidden

#58 Jul 30, 2014
Ben Hawkins wrote:
We received the furniture with some small damages. RTG is going to send replacements. Our gift card was activated in THREE days, but BB says that the TV advertised in not in stock, except an hour away, but they'll give us another one of greater value anyway. I don't know enough about Plasma vs LED to know if they are screwing me or not. Any ideas?
Take LED over Plasma, as plasma sets reflect everything in front of them.....
Ben Hawkins

Naples, FL

#59 Jul 30, 2014
Thank you for the tip, but the closest local store actually had the plasma in stock, ready to go when I went there in person. Now, at least I don't have to worry if they got over on me. So, my experience is still okay, pending the re-delivery of (hopefully) unscratched furniture.
The Humper

Loudon, TN

#60 Jul 30, 2014
White thrash package for white trash.
Dkw2014

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#61 Aug 27, 2014
I have ordered furniture from the top end to the bottom. Rooms To go delivered on time. Furniture all in great condition. There was a little dust on one piece and the delivery man wrote it up and said they would even send someone to clean it right away. I have orders from them in past as well as many other furniture companies and have had damaged furniture arrive. It happens. But they make it right. It happens with shifting in the truck. The TV is actually worth the 5 day wait. It is a good quality TV for cheaper then you get in store if you go buy off the shelf. Good dpi and refresh rate. I paid 3k for my 55" and now I am also getting a 50" for $425. The TV is actually $500 at the store but through this deal you get a $75 dollar savings.
tucker

Carrollton, TX

#63 Oct 17, 2014
what do you expect when RTG uses Citifinancial for financing your purchase, they are the biggest scamers, I had RTG 10 years ago and use City, they set up the contract in a way that it would make it impossible for you to avoid late fees, many people usually pay their CC bills near the due date or on the date and there is how they catch you, worst experience EVER!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daphne sutton 1 hr Jamal 1
Gangs In Knoxville 1 hr Jbird 6
People 8 hr XXX 2
who hires felons 14 hr Laura 9
Who is the best disability lawyer in Knoxville? (Nov '12) Mon Jane 36
News Steve Phillips leaving WBIR for radio station i... (Sep '13) Sun Dandridge resident 59
dcs drug test (Jan '12) Sun Crystal 92

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages