Rooms to Go/Best Buy TV packages SUCK

Posted in the Knoxville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
LearnedtheHardWa y

Nashville, TN

#1 Feb 12, 2012
Like many consumers, we were lured into Rooms to Go to update our living room furniture by their ads that package the furniture with a TV.

The first problem is they don't have the TVs. You get a gift card to pick up the TV from Best Buy.

You have to wait five days after delivery of your furniture for your gift card to be activated.

Best Buy doesn't have the TVs either. They have to special order them, which they fail to tell you in advance, so you waste a trip.

Best Buy emails or calls you when your order is in -- but it may not actually be at the store. We even called to confirm it was in the store before we made the trip, yet it wasn't once we arrived.

Once you've ordered the TV and paid the tax, Best Buy can't credit your account and apply it to a different purchase until you receive and return the original TV.

Meanwhile, it takes Rooms to Go three or four times to deliver non-damaged furniture to you, each attempt requiring a half-day off from work.

You're much better off buying furniture from a real furniture store and buying your TV separately. WalMart or Sams are much better retailers than Best Buy for electronics.

Anybody else have bad luck with Best Buy or Rooms to Go?
Nah

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Feb 12, 2012
You should have known better if you are over 25 if you are under that age lesson learned.
true

Boiling Springs, SC

#3 Feb 13, 2012
Nah wrote:
You should have known better if you are over 25 if you are under that age lesson learned.
Fair enough, but there were nearly a dozen customers from all age ranges buying the day we were in there. And Rooms to Go is spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to sell these sucky packages.
Chad_RTG

Valrico, FL

#4 Feb 15, 2012
I'm sorry to hear about the problems you had with your purchase. It certainly should not have taken that many delivery attempts, as the majority of our deliveries are completed within showroom condition.

In regards to the television promotion, at the time of purchase the customer is given a gift card worth the value of the television unit. The wait for the activation of the gift card is needed to ensure that all items within the promotional package are received. We also provide the gift card over the actual television so that the customer has the choice of using the card towards the television advertised, to use towards an upgraded television unit, or any combination desired as the card is treated the same as a normal gift card purchase.

The local Best Buy retail locations try their best to hold inventory of all products the majority of the time. But as inventory can vary, Best Buy for Business does work with the retail locations in order to fulfill these types of orders.

If you still need any assistance with your Rooms To Go purchase or have questions about the television promotion, please feel free to email us at [email protected]
Sara

Tampa, FL

#5 Aug 21, 2012
I had the wrong furniture delivered the first time, the second time it arrived broke, the third time they came at the wrong time and I was not home, the fourth time they arrived and the headboard was cracked. The warehouse workers in Lakeland, FL are BEYOND stupid. I still do not have the correct furniture. It is supposed to be delivered Thursday. If it is not correct then, I will be returning the entire $3000 package and taking my business elsewhere. I will NEVER use RTG again after this awful experience
Dana

Lady Lake, FL

#6 Oct 2, 2012
Wow... I have been looking at their sites lately because I love the idea of getting the entire room. I even applied for and was approved the credit. Now I am weary of making a purchase. Anyone out there have any positive experiences at Rooms To Go??
GatorFan

Nashville, TN

#7 Oct 2, 2012
I bought a living room from RTG, but I told them I want this exact piece of furniture. I then had my own moving company go in and get the couch and deliver it to my home. The delivery fee was half of what RTG movers wanted and I had the exact couch that I sat on in the store. That is the ONLY way I would ever deal with RTG.
OakRidgeResident

Conway, SC

#8 Oct 21, 2012
We bought an entire packaqe and have had no problem whatsoever. Our furniture was delivered, plus the extra entertainment center and the gift card was activated exactly 5 days after we got the furniture with a dollar amount of $859 to spend however we wanted to in Best Buy. Someone got the wrong information out there. We have had absolutely no problem. Even sold the entertainment center with the gift card and it saved us $700 when it was all said and done.....
Suggestion

Maryville, TN

#9 Oct 25, 2012
Dana wrote:
Wow... I have been looking at their sites lately because I love the idea of getting the entire room. I even applied for and was approved the credit. Now I am weary of making a purchase. Anyone out there have any positive experiences at Rooms To Go??
Go to Havertys
Jess

Dallas, TX

#10 Oct 28, 2012
I had no issues with the tv deal. I ordered it at the store and went 10 miles to the wh and had it inu hands.
That one

Oneida, TN

#11 Nov 4, 2012
Dana wrote:
Just don't bother getting the warranty. We bought a nice looking leather living room set about 5 years ago. After about 1 year the leather started to fray and split on the ottoman and love seat so we called to get a warranty repair. After being sent to voicemail hell we were told that the warranty only applied to the structure.

I'll be damned if I ever enter another rooms to go again.
ozzie

United States

#12 Nov 8, 2012
You are all a bunch of cry babies and over a freaking tv omg so what if you have to wait 5 days and if best buy doesnt have it in stock why is that rooms to go's fault? Your gonna take your business somewhere else thats a good one if you really had business you wouldnt be on here crying over a tv!!
desi

United States

#13 Nov 8, 2012
Right on Ozzie well said... I waited 5 days went and got my 50 " tv with no problems... Love my new living room furniture and wouldnt change it for nothing.. Dont listen to people follow your heart like I did ..
Oneguy

Tucker, GA

#14 Nov 9, 2012
Just bought a nice sectional from RTG. Delivered on the exact day and time frame they said it would be. Nothing broken. And you can't beat the 24 month interest free financing. Veterans Day they are gonna do 5 year! Financing. Anyways no problems here. I think someone is a lil impatient. If you can afford the stuff straight up why go to RTG though? I would almost bet the person who posted this is like me and had to finance. Good luck getting that kind of deal somewhere else
dante

United States

#15 Nov 12, 2012
well i can afford furniture without financing but for what if its no interest free till 2016 why the hell pay the whole thing out id rather spend money on a trip to Italia... no problems here either went to best buy no problems with my 50" tv either love it all..
Andrew

United States

#16 Nov 14, 2012
What is with all the hate with rooms to go? My parents have bought all their furniture from rooms to go and it's good quality furniture. Never had problems with delivery because we have a truck to haul all of our furniture. I would suggest renting a truck because most delivery whether it be ups, FedEx, etc are rough with customers packages so you get what you pay for. But rooms To go is a fine furniture company don't believe everything you read bout customers bad experiences. I'm 23 years old by the way before you say I'm younger
MAXKAT

Ocala, FL

#17 Nov 27, 2012
Dana wrote:
We have had very positive experiences with "Rooms To Go". Our first living room was delivered on time and was perfect! The experience was so good that we have decided to re-do our living room in a different style and have just bought our second room with them (this time with a TV package). By the way, if you don't like the TV you get with the package, you can use the gift card for whatever you want in the store, and with 50 inch TVs or more there is free delivery!
andrew

Montgomery, AL

#18 Nov 28, 2012
We have used RTG 4 times now and got a tv package and had no problems! Love RTG!
Sandra

West Palm Beach, FL

#19 Nov 29, 2012
We love Rooms To Go. Bought all our bedroom sets and love the no interest. Our last payment is this month. I'm waiting for the next living room with tv deal and we will be there!
karen

Summerfield, FL

#20 Dec 29, 2012
We also ordered the complete room package in addition to ordering an entertainment center (which was not cheap) the original entertainment center came in chipped - the door would not close-the top was broken. We call the service - they sounded like it was not big deal..sent out another entertainment center - this was in pieces before it was even unpacked. Now the third attempt the guys would not even take it off the truck! In pieces again! I know I would not purchase from them again...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Knoxville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wife Of High School Football Coach Charged For ... 2 hr T-Bone 10
News Person connected to "Rocky Top Murders" out of ... (Mar '07) 12 hr soltera65 13
Billy Goat Tavern....AWESOME Restaurant Sat Yummy 1
Anyone in Knoxville voting for Lying Hillary Cl... Sat WBC 2 53
Best place to buy adult toys & lingerie in Knox... (Jan '12) Fri Jennifer B 25
Good tattoo artists? (Aug '12) Fri stuart 44
Freda valentine Aug 26 Amy 1

Knoxville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Knoxville Mortgages