Kenya, Somalia border row threatens o...

Kenya, Somalia border row threatens oil exploration

There are 44 comments on the Arab News story from Apr 20, 2012, titled Kenya, Somalia border row threatens oil exploration. In it, Arab News reports that:

NAIROBI: A row between Kenya and Somalia over their maritime border may deter multinational oil companies from exploring for oil and gas offshore east Africa, and a Somali official warned that the argument could escalate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Arab News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 20, 2012
Kenya can not explore Oil in a land which it doesn't belong to it.
This is a great Somalia this is my mother this is my land. kenya has no right to look for oil in my home
land and if its ture than i say it should right to face the consiquances.
Peace n shaax

Melrose Park, IL

#2 Apr 20, 2012
Hw can this happen? it really makes us seem weak. I mean we can kill each other over a goat but we cant even defend our own land and resources. It doesn't matter what part of somali your from or what qabiil you from or who hates who or what happened in the past when things like this is happen. I mean why can we for ones put all these differences aside. I mean we must really look stupid to the world now. I'm I the onlyone thst's really pissed off about this. I mean not only is kenya considering this but they actually plan to do it. Son of b***

“Peace... People... Peace.”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#3 Apr 20, 2012
Somalis themselves have allowed this to happen, it is us alone that fight each other, whilst in Somali Galbeed we are being killed for the vast oil underneath our land. Now that the situation with Kenya includes reported likelihoods of finds in our waters, we seem to be headed for full scale removal of our sovereignty.

May Allah help us through this and let us unite Insha'Allah.
Moalim

Garden City, MI

#4 Apr 20, 2012
Yes, wd kill each other for nothing but we know how to unite to defend our territory. Nothing is in between somalis but isse is used and benefitted by special interest individuals and groups. The enemy is within the somali people. Wake up and your wealth and starving your people. Somalia remains one of the most fertile with the last petroleum reserves on the face of the Earth. Wake up somalis.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#5 Apr 20, 2012
those Kenyans don't got balls to fight with Somalia. They can try.

They cant even fight al-shabab...how can they fight all of Somalia?.

Location hidden

#6 Apr 20, 2012
Hate to say this..but Does Puntland know this? And what are they going to do?
Anonymous

Darlington, UK

#7 Apr 20, 2012
neverahateralwaysalover wrote:
Hate to say this..but Does Puntland know this? And what are they going to do?
warya, f*** puntland, somaliland and other qausi fedral trash we somalis waste our time on. Jareerta waa ina lyna. Jareer don't blong to "northern kenya"

Location hidden

#8 Apr 20, 2012
somaliwaan wrote:
<quoted text>
warya, f*** puntland, somaliland and other qausi fedral trash we somalis waste our time on. Jareerta waa ina lyna. Jareer don't blong to "northern kenya"
I am talking about puntland, cause they are the only sane people in south. TFG is under african union. But I am on Somalia's side, what ever happens.
Peace n shaax

Denver, CO

#9 Apr 21, 2012
Excuse u but not every person somaliland what it to break of from the rest of somali. Even if somaliland becomes independent, southern somalia's problems are sl going to be our problem too bc the ummah's problem is every ones problem. Anyways, I dont think SL is going to do anything about but dont think we're happy about too. We're just as mad.
somaliwaan wrote:
<quoted text>
Seen ku dhahay

Europe

#10 Apr 22, 2012
This is more than OIL exploration, is about taking most of Somali recourses in the land as well on the sea, this is pure BILILIQO, I think, somehow, we been cursed too. Dame it.
Kenyan purist

Europe

#11 May 8, 2012
SSCWariorr wrote:
Kenya can not explore Oil in a land which it doesn't belong to it.
This is a great Somalia this is my mother this is my land. kenya has no right to look for oil in my home
land and if its ture than i say it should right to face the consiquances.
Nonsense.Kenya will explore oil and mine it if there's any..and there is nothing you gonna do about it boy.
Kenyan purist

Europe

#12 May 8, 2012
neverahateralwaysalover wrote:
those Kenyans don't got balls to fight with Somalia. They can try.
They cant even fight al-shabab...how can they fight all of Somalia?.
We will deal with you.We beat you in 1967 when you had the largest army and navy in africa with the help of Soviet.
So pipe down or be silenced.
hooyo

Basel, Switzerland

#13 May 8, 2012
Kenyan purist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.Kenya will explore oil and mine it if there's any..and there is nothing you gonna do about it boy.
how about you go eat you ugali wihle you at it quit trolling
AokoTheBantu

London, UK

#14 May 8, 2012
Kenya could beat Somalia and they have every right if it is their own oil they want to sell. I am starting to think Somalia is a real thorn in africas side. Enough is enough!!
Kenyan purist

United States

#15 May 8, 2012
hooyo wrote:
<quoted text>how about you go eat you ugali wihle you at it quit trolling
Ugali is very sweet..better than starving like somaliyat.
Kenyan purist

United States

#16 May 8, 2012
AokoTheBantu wrote:
Kenya could beat Somalia and they have every right if it is their own oil they want to sell. I am starting to think Somalia is a real thorn in africas side. Enough is enough!!
Yeah we'll do as we please,
THE WARRIOR BREED

Kitchener, Canada

#17 Aug 23, 2012
We Somalis will ,fight to death and i mean that literally. We will bring chaos east East Africa has never seen before, don't ever think to your self that we're only good at killing each other. Look up Somalia in wiki and you will Somalis have been fight wars for a very long time.

Also by the way who brags about winning and yet still admits they needed help to defeat us. If the Soviets, Cubans and South Yemen didn't get involved half of Ethiopia and Kenya would've been annexed to Greater Somalia, and that's why Ethiopia and Kenya have a mutual defense treaty, because deep down your governments knows who we are and respects, don't mean to sound like u.s marine but HOOOOOORAAAH!!
THE WARRIOR BREED

Kitchener, Canada

#18 Aug 23, 2012
AokoTheBantu wrote:
In your dreams
Al-abbasi

Hyderabad, India

#19 Aug 23, 2012
Somali people should become united and fight against their enemy

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#20 Aug 23, 2012
Who runs to beat drums of war before they have the facts? <- no prizes for guessing that answer!

The point all somalis need to understand is that the world convention regarding maritime borders is that the border extends at 90 degrees to the coast line! The somalis are claiming the border should extend into the sea as it lies.. as you know the southern most border with kenys lies like this -> \ and maritime border should then be extended like this -> \____ not continued in a slanting fashion.

.. it would be funny if it wasnt so serious..because people will die over this foolishness. I can see the somali's refusing to see sense because of pride and not wanting to be seen as backing down (a typical somali trait, pride before common sense)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rift Valley, Kenya Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rift Valley Music Forum (Nov '12) Wed Musikologist 13
News Deng Thiak Adut: Australia was 'a place that wa... Nov 13 Anita Bryant s Jihad 1
News Anglican rift over same-sex marriage widens (Apr '16) May '16 RevKen 2
News FOREX-U.S. dollar falls for first time after si... (May '16) May '16 Kelly 1
News Pioneering HIV researchers among recipients of ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Big Drug Companies 1
News Where Obama's heritage is an asset (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News Police: 2 Kenyans arrested for spying for Iran (Nov '15) Nov '15 Ifs 1
More from around the web