Election dispute big test for Kenya's...

Election dispute big test for Kenya's top judge, who once said Kenya needs Odinga as president

There are 4 comments on the Canada.com story from Mar 12, 2013, titled Election dispute big test for Kenya's top judge, who once said Kenya needs Odinga as president. In it, Canada.com reports that:

Confidence was so low in Kenya's courts after its 2007 election that people preferred to settle their disputes with machetes and bows and arrows.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

Abdi

Europe

#1 Mar 12, 2013
If the victory ws wisely granted 2 th wining side th thn cort wud do so bt if ws'nt ment 4 thm thn it wll be lyk abandoned groom 2 thm
Abdi

Europe

#2 Mar 12, 2013
4 how long wll it tek kenyans 2 get worthy body 2 tuckle elections in kenya? they cald it independant bt later changd 2 dependance electrol. Wu 2 trust?
kogs

Kenya

#3 Mar 13, 2013
Let the court determine. But RAO should know that it is not a must for him to lead us. wat does he know that we do not know about hw to change kenya. Wen te court rules in his favour will it give him the presidency or call for a repeat. Watch tis space he may nid to go back to court after.which commission will conduct a repeat. I sometimes feel that Raila believes tat a comm tat will give him the seat is credible why? The pollsters gave PM the presidency but the voters ave spoken which voice don we go by? peace kenyans, watever the case.
Shalom

Nairobi, Kenya

#4 Mar 14, 2013
Eeeeh we need to agree to be defeated if we trully believe we are leaders. If you lose an election democratically even by one vote, you don't have to try and make trouble for the winner. Why not work together rather then engage in strife that will leave a bitter taste in everyone's mouth and make working together even more challenging? Everybody agrees that the IEBC was transparent, even the foreign observers! But being a democracy let the aggrieved exercise their democratic right to go to court but let's realize that there's a fine line between exercising our rights & using the courts to harrass & intimidate other person's & organizations, just because we didn't have our way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nairobi, Kenya Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama in Kenya: 'Africa is on the move' Jul 26 O Pluribus Unum 42
News Kenyans welcome Obama back "home" Jul 26 Hoffa Jr 18
News Obama: 'I am proud to be the first U.S. preside... Jul 25 Lawrence Wolf 27
News 5,000 naked anti-gay protesters to greet Presid... Jul 25 EdmondWA 42
i need a guy who is cute,hiv - and gud in bed f... Jul 24 Chas 8
News On eve of visit, Obama voices support for Afric... Jul 24 stayawayobama 2
Hot xxx nyeri Jul 21 tujuane 2
More from around the web