Mpls. to donate 2nd fire truck to sis...

Mpls. to donate 2nd fire truck to sister city in Kenya

There are 34 comments on the KARE 11 TV story from Jun 29, 2012, titled Mpls. to donate 2nd fire truck to sister city in Kenya. In it, KARE 11 TV reports that:

The Minneapolis City Council and Mayor R.T. Rybak on Friday approved the donation of a retired City of Minneapolis fire truck to the community's sister city Eldoret, Kenya.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KARE 11 TV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
goose

La Grange, IL

#1 Jun 29, 2012
Manned by the Mayor and a few other politicians I hope!
CRASSUS

Green Bay, WI

#2 Jun 29, 2012
In return, Kenya will be sending some dog meat and a few grains of rice. That fire truck will come in handy when a neighboring tribe torches some straw huts.
Slew is NOT my hero

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Jul 1, 2012
Minneapolis is broke. Yet Mayor Archie and friends give away more taxpayer dollars like this?

How many inner city children could be fed nutritious meals with what this and the first truck cost?

Only in Lib America do they think fire trucks are free.
sad

United States

#4 Jul 16, 2012
We have fire department here that can use something like that
sad

United States

#5 Jul 16, 2012
Or give to a town here that can use it and let them donate something from the 1970s, why just give a 1988 fire truck away
sad

United States

#6 Jul 16, 2012
Obama can take it back to his home land
Snappy

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Jul 16, 2012
Any wonder why Mpls is broke?

The truck could have been sold instead the Kenyans will turn the truck into an attack vehicle with AK47s and RPGs all over it.

Of course it will run out of gas and end up scrap metal in months.
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#8 Jul 16, 2012
Have a lot of faith in your fellow man, why not end it, if you're so miserable ???
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#11 Jul 16, 2012
Since you're clueless, please comment... Don't do a web search AND complain about the cost(whatever it is).
Miss Piggy

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Jul 16, 2012
The local Scandos should be up in arms, our sister city should be in Sweden or Norway!
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#13 Jul 16, 2012
Should it be ??? Poor dumb animal, look at the list...

Santiago, Chile
Kuopio, Finland
Ibaraki City, Japan
Novosibirsk, Russia
Tours, France
Harbin, China
Uppsala, Sweden
Eldoret, Kenya
Cuernavaca, Mexico
Najaf, Iraq
Miss Piggy

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jul 16, 2012
Seattle Slew wrote:
Should it be ??? Poor dumb animal, look at the list...
Santiago, Chile
Kuopio, Finland
Ibaraki City, Japan
Novosibirsk, Russia
Tours, France
Harbin, China
Uppsala, Sweden
Eldoret, Kenya
Cuernavaca, Mexico
Najaf, Iraq
Two legs, bad. Four legs, good.
Stupid, off topic, deleted, deviant human!!!!!!!LMFAO at you.
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#16 Jul 16, 2012
Change the point, because you look stupid=good...

Looking SO STUPID=YOU ~!!! LMAOROTFu~!
digger

Minneapolis, MN

#17 Jul 16, 2012
CRASSUS wrote:
In return, Kenya will be sending some dog meat and a few grains of rice. That fire truck will come in handy when a neighboring tribe torches some straw huts.
I suppose that the taxPAYERS of Mpls will have to pay the cost of shipping the truck there, TOO. What a bunch of maroons. There are probably many other communities in Minnesota who could have used that fire truck, to fight forest fires, rural communities, etc.
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#18 Jul 16, 2012
So, you don't ACTUALLY KNOW, but whining seems "right" ???
digger

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Jul 16, 2012
Seattle Slew wrote:
So, you don't ACTUALLY KNOW, but whining seems "right" ???
Hey, since I don't live in the sewer called minneapolis, it costs me nothing. I'm just pointing out the obvious. What does it cost to ship a fire truck from mpls to kenya?
garrison

United States

#20 Jul 16, 2012
All i see here is a bunch of white supremarcists
while you pick on Kenya you should be truly mortified by USA'S -huge debts to China and woe onto USA should you fail to pay the debts
The consenquences would be far much worse than Africa's economic troubles!
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#21 Jul 16, 2012
digger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, since I don't live in the sewer called minneapolis, it costs me nothing. I'm just pointing out the obvious. What does it cost to ship a fire truck from mpls to kenya?
Had you read the article...

The City of Eldoret is paying for the shipping of the fire truck.

Eldoret is a city of more than 360,000 people with very little reliable equipment for fighting fires. Before the donation of the first fire truck, Eldoret's only reliable fire truck was stationed at the airport and was not allowed to leave that location, making fighting fires in the city very difficult.
digger

Minneapolis, MN

#22 Jul 16, 2012
Seattle Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Had you read the article...
The City of Eldoret is paying for the shipping of the fire truck.
Eldoret is a city of more than 360,000 people with very little reliable equipment for fighting fires. Before the donation of the first fire truck, Eldoret's only reliable fire truck was stationed at the airport and was not allowed to leave that location, making fighting fires in the city very difficult.
When YOU show ME the bill for the shipping of the truck, and who paid for it, then I'll believe you.

I don't CARE if a city of 360,000 only has ONE fire truck, that's THEIR PROBLEM, not ours. If THEY can't plan, budget, prioritize, and execute vital essential services, NO amount of charity will help. It will simply be wasted away.
Seattle Slew

Kent, WA

#23 Jul 16, 2012
Sure, I owe you ANSWERS, while you don't read the article... Love your rhetoric, but it's not your fire truck....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Eldoret, Kenya Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
we offer marriage and relationship advice (Mar '15) Mar '15 UZIMA COUNSELLING 1
are you single and looking for a partner? (Mar '15) Mar '15 UZIMA HOOKUP SERV... 1
Pure gold for sale (Sep '13) Oct '14 i also have diamond 2
Join the illuminate today. (Jun '13) Jul '14 alex kurgoi 5
News Is ethnic strife inevitable in Africa? (Nov '10) Mar '14 ptesaurus 9
News Kenya's Kiplagat to launch World Indoor campaig... (Feb '14) Feb '14 bahce 1
less (Dec '13) Dec '13 beaty 1
More from around the web