Japan's nuclear crisis growing | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 62 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 14, 2011, titled Japan's nuclear crisis growing | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

An official scans a man and a child for radiation at an emergency center in Koriyama, Japan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
HOW MANY NUKE PLANTS

Mansfield, OH

#2 Mar 14, 2011
HOW MANY NUKE PLANTS DO you want in YOUR CITY ????
Reynoldsburg Ohio 43068

Reynoldsburg, OH

#3 Mar 14, 2011
HOW MANY NUKE PLANTS wrote:
One would be nice.

Since: Jun 09

Westerville, OH

#5 Mar 14, 2011
Must not be to serious, President Obama played golf this past Sunday.
NYC Transplant

Columbus, OH

#6 Mar 14, 2011
George Jefferson

Hilliard, OH

#8 Mar 14, 2011
Beats having a coal burning plant any day of the week.
DouglasJay

Boulder, CO

#10 Mar 14, 2011
Other sources have called this a partial meltdown already. The Japanese gov't and the int'l nuclear agencies may control this information very carefully, and one can only hope that sources such as the Dispatch, which prides itself on calling out gov't malfeasance, will accurately report what is happening.

MSNBC reports this morning: "The U.S. Seventh Fleet moved its ships and aircraft away from a quake-stricken Japanese nuclear plant Monday after discovering low-level radioactive contamination more than 100 miles offshore."
Chris

Columbus, OH

#11 Mar 14, 2011
How many 8.9 magnitude earthquakes and 30-foot tsunamis could happen in Ohio????
Steven Streets

Columbus, OH

#14 Mar 14, 2011
Japan as an Island chain only exists because of the Ring of Fire that gave her birth. This type of disaster is the price one must pay for the privilege of living in the worlds most beautiful society.
What doesn't make sense is all that unlimited geothermal energy not being put to better use. Considering the dangers of nuclear energy and what stupid use people put it to; Boiling water? Like a tea pot?
In a country where a farmer will take meticulous care to raise the perfect fattest tomato, choosing nuclear energy to boil water instead of Japans unlimited safe geothermal energy just does not make sense to me.
G'd Bless Japan and watch over my dads widow there.
C-bus

Hebron, OH

#15 Mar 14, 2011
powell sinclair wrote:
Must not be to serious, President Obama played golf this past Sunday.
Wow, somebody listened to Rush today.Way to go.
Hmmm

Columbus, OH

#16 Mar 14, 2011
Could there be a connection? No looting, no knucle-draggers? Just sayin'
George Jefferson

Hilliard, OH

#18 Mar 14, 2011
C-bus wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, somebody listened to Rush today.Way to go.
Regardless of who listens to Rush, Obama did go golfing on Sunday. He and his wife treat the presidency as a personal theme park.
George Jefferson

Hilliard, OH

#19 Mar 14, 2011
Hmmm wrote:
Could there be a connection? No looting, no knucle-draggers? Just sayin'
Japan has certainly disproved the liberal lie that "diversity is our strength." In spades.
Linda

Galloway, OH

#20 Mar 14, 2011
Dear Jesus: Forgive us our sins. Thank you for your death and rising from the dead that we may all have eternal life. Please help the people of Japan and the suffering they have endured. Please use all the bad things for good for your service. Let us be surrounded by the angels and help us sing your name with all our deeds. Christ have mercy on us...
George Jefferson

Hilliard, OH

#21 Mar 14, 2011
Linda wrote:
Dear Jesus: Forgive us our sins. Thank you for your death and rising from the dead that we may all have eternal life. Please help the people of Japan and the suffering they have endured. Please use all the bad things for good for your service. Let us be surrounded by the angels and help us sing your name with all our deeds. Christ have mercy on us...
I assume you're not the same Linda from Galloway who was being a racist fool on another Japan thread a few days ago.
Noah

United States

#22 Mar 14, 2011
People here need to listen to the experts and scientists talk, and ignore the hyperbole in the media-roll.
George Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>Japan has certainly disproved the liberal lie that "diversity is our strength." In spades.
George, don't think you're in any position to be calling people out for racism.

And saying this, I imagine you know near nothing about Japan.
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#23 Mar 14, 2011
George Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>I assume you're not the same Linda from Galloway who was being a racist fool on another Japan thread a few days ago.
Same Linda, different day which means different meds.
Weezie

Dayton, OH

#24 Mar 14, 2011
George Jefferson wrote:
<quoted text>Regardless of who listens to Rush, Obama did go golfing on Sunday. He and his wife treat the presidency as a personal theme park.
Laughing at the return of the wing-nutted "dave chappelle."

Gee, you could've used Fred Sanford as your new ID, loser.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#25 Mar 14, 2011
Steven Streets wrote:
Japan as an Island chain only exists because of the Ring of Fire that gave her birth. This type of disaster is the price one must pay for the privilege of living in the worlds most beautiful society.
What doesn't make sense is all that unlimited geothermal energy not being put to better use. Considering the dangers of nuclear energy and what stupid use people put it to; Boiling water? Like a tea pot?
In a country where a farmer will take meticulous care to raise the perfect fattest tomato, choosing nuclear energy to boil water instead of Japans unlimited safe geothermal energy just does not make sense to me.
G'd Bless Japan and watch over my dads widow there.
Japan has very few natural resources. That's why they started WWII, to get what they needed. Nuclear, at this point, is their only choice if they want to remain an industrialized society dependent on electricity.

As for geothermal, I didn't know they had that resource. If they do, I hope they will take another look at developing it.
George Jefferson

Hilliard, OH

#26 Mar 14, 2011
Noah wrote:
People here need to listen to the experts and scientists talk, and ignore the hyperbole in the media-roll.
<quoted text> George, don't think you're in any position to be calling people out for racism.
And saying this, I imagine you know near nothing about Japan.
Wrong on both counts.
George Jefferson

Hilliard, OH

#27 Mar 14, 2011
Weezie wrote:
<quoted text>
Laughing at the return of the wing-nutted "dave chappelle."
Gee, you could've used Fred Sanford as your new ID, loser.
I remember Dave, haven't seen him on here in weeks. But, no, we are not the same person. Whether you choose to believe that makes no difference to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tohoku, Japan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News RMS Commends Tokyo's Adoption of Nat Cat Quake ... Apr 26 Local 2
News Japan marks 4 years since 3/11 disasters Mar '15 WOMDRUDAISOMIDEBD... 40
News TOKYO: Tsunami advisory issued in Iwate Prefecture Feb '15 minor tsunami 1
News 5.7-magnitude quake hits Japan Feb '15 last summer 1
News 6.8 earthquake hits off Japanese coast Feb '15 600 kms n of Tokyo 1
News UN disaster reduction chief hails 'major milest... Jan '15 Dorothy 1
News Filipinos in Japan issue call for acceptance wi... Jan '15 WOMKENPAGIOMIDEBD... 12
More from around the web