Fukushima parents dish the dirt in protest over radiation levels

May 2, 2011 Read more: Guardian Unlimited

Furious Fukushima parents dump school playground earth that may have radiation levels well above the old safety level Parents in Fukushima are angry over rule changes which mean that school children can be exposed to 20 times more radiation than was previously permissible.

Read more
BDV

Atlanta, GA

#1 May 3, 2011
The chilluns! The Chilluns!
Yes, parents will work doubleshift to pay BigOil's exactions (4 US$ a gallon of 87 gasoline near where I live). The chilluns need statist daycare, and statist daycare needs to be safe.
Although the honorable members of the Cabinet and TEPCO honchos could shut down critics by sending their children grandchildren for a quarter of state education to Fukushima schools. Like that'll happen.
10 millisieverts is the Denver-area background radiation level, but obviously parents should decide that is safe or not.
But the government MUST decide. ALWAYS. And the government MUST be obeyed. ALWAYS.
What a travesty!
Homeless and hurting

Houston, TX

#2 May 10, 2011
Wake up people the end is near!!!!!!!!!11

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tohoku, Japan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News RMS Commends Tokyo's Adoption of Nat Cat Quake ... Apr 8 Cat 1
News Japan marks 4 years since 3/11 disasters Mar '15 WOMDRUDAISOMIDEBD... 40
News TOKYO: Tsunami advisory issued in Iwate Prefecture Feb '15 minor tsunami 1
News 5.7-magnitude quake hits Japan Feb '15 last summer 1
News 6.8 earthquake hits off Japanese coast Feb '15 600 kms n of Tokyo 1
News UN disaster reduction chief hails 'major milest... Jan '15 Dorothy 1
News Filipinos in Japan issue call for acceptance wi... Jan '15 WOMKENPAGIOMIDEBD... 12
More from around the web