Post-tsunami, some Japanese shelter i...

Post-tsunami, some Japanese shelter in nuke plant

There are 2 comments on the KansasCity.com story from Mar 30, 2011, titled Post-tsunami, some Japanese shelter in nuke plant. In it, KansasCity.com reports that:

As a massive tsunami ravaged this Japanese fishing town, hundreds of residents fled for the safest place they knew: the local nuclear power plant.More than two weeks later, 240 remain, watching TV or playing ball games with their children next to three atomic reactors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KansasCity.com.

koz

Brecksville, OH

#1 Mar 30, 2011
How many would have died without the nuke plant?
BDV

Atlanta, GA

#2 Mar 30, 2011
How many more will die, and what will be the final economic damage because Japan did not have enough electric energy production capacity to cover the loss of the Fukushima Dai-Ni and Dai-Ichi reactors?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tohoku, Japan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ultraman: 50 years battling monsters Jan '16 ABORTDEGUFARAMDEB... 5
News Oil prices pose threat to world economy (Jun '08) Jun '15 Raj Chanani 3
News RMS Commends Tokyo's Adoption of Nat Cat Quake ... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Local 2
News Japan marks 4 years since 3/11 disasters (Mar '15) Mar '15 WOMDRUDAISOMIDEBD... 40
News TOKYO: Tsunami advisory issued in Iwate Prefecture (Feb '15) Feb '15 minor tsunami 1
News 5.7-magnitude quake hits Japan (Feb '15) Feb '15 last summer 1
News 6.8 earthquake hits off Japanese coast (Feb '15) Feb '15 600 kms n of Tokyo 1
More from around the web