Japan ex-China envoy: Tokyo erred on islands row

Jan 28, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KLKN

Japan's former envoy to China says his country erred in choosing to buy islands claimed by both Japan and China last fall, infuriating Beijing, and now both sides have no choice but to allow the issue to cool.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jan 30, 2013
New China

Zhengzhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Japan admit they erred in buying island claim?
How to do next?
toyo

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

strong man like PM ABE not back down and not negotiable in term of sovereinty
New China

Zhengzhou, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Abe is a politician at first, what he will act is not you can imagine.

look at article, his gov has admit the erred in the claim.
bll

Whangarei, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

actually, it was just his own personal point of view.
his quote
"They may have had access to information that I didn't know," Niwa said at the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan. "But from my personal point of view the timing was bad."

and now this guy back in Japan is talked about as a traitor.
Drgunzet

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

bll wrote:
actually, it was just his own personal point of view.
his quote
"They may have had access to information that I didn't know," Niwa said at the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan. "But from my personal point of view the timing was bad."
and now this guy back in Japan is talked about as a traitor.
It is inappropriate for any official, ex-official to offer a personal point of view. It is his duty to uphold his duty to his job and his country at all time. Or else, don't take the job and/or considered as a traitor if he acts against his country. He must never allow his status to be any harm against his country.

Now, make it clear. I never asked or wanted to be born Chinese. So, if other Chinese make me look bad and anger the Whites, it's entirely within my right to lash out at other Chinese. I know the obvious difference between the superior Whites and the inferior Asians. It's really pathetic for the Asians to deny it. Don't make me rub it in. I fought against other Asians all my life so I know.

Note: There is a wisdom, "You don't really know the person till you fight against him [or her]."
Drgunzet

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

New China wrote:
Abe is a politician at first, what he will act is not you can imagine.
look at article, his gov has admit the erred in the claim.
Qing empire already signed the treaty giving up the claim to those island. The real dispute is really between Taiwan and Japan. China must have no say or the world will see China is the country which never respect any treaty. Such country must be destroyed in order for the world to have peace.

I favor to see the island returns to Taiwan. But if China is trying to take over Taiwan, then I would prefer Japan to keep those island. China forfeits the island long ago.
bll

Whangarei, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

have to say, I agree with you
suki

Toongabbie, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

china play the ball to hard but have no ball
china must cool down

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Noda, Japan Discussions

Search the Noda, Japan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Sexist rant sparks gender issues for Japan PM Jul 13 Ainu 3
Japan's population target unlikely without migr... Jun '14 Japanese Red 24
Japan's Cabinet resigns to make way for new PM (Dec '12) Feb '14 Human at Nature 16
Japan's Identity Crisis Lurks Behind Right-Wing... (Jun '13) Jun '13 fukuda 1
Disputed Islands With 45 Years of Oil Reserves ... (Oct '12) May '13 Mr Miyagi 79
Japan wants to pay cash for islands (Jul '12) Mar '13 Curse of Ilan isle graves 59
Japan disappointed as China avoids... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Timm Maddog 3
•••
•••