U.S. workers rally for Japan's Toyota

U.S. workers rally for Japan's Toyota

There are 4 comments on the MarketWatch story from Feb 25, 2010, titled U.S. workers rally for Japan's Toyota. In it, MarketWatch reports that:

Toyota employee Kathryn Ragsdale and two hundred fellow Americans maintained a vigil in Congress this week with one simple purpose: to show support for their Japanese employers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MarketWatch.

Troy Nomad

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#1 Feb 26, 2010
I am always astounded by everyone thinking there are 2 sides to every story.

It appears to me that this whole issue is, again, all about the money.

How many jobs offset a death.Apparently, the auto workers believe a few people killed due to faulty design is offset by the jobs provided.

I think it became obvious that Toyota hid the defect in their vehicles from the public, did little or nothing to correct it immediately, in order to make more money.

Now... the auto workers want to show support!!

What's wrong with this picture :(
wake up

Saint Peters, MO

#2 Feb 26, 2010
Troy Nomad wrote:
I am always astounded by everyone thinking there are 2 sides to every story.
It appears to me that this whole issue is, again, all about the money.
How many jobs offset a death.Apparently, the auto workers believe a few people killed due to faulty design is offset by the jobs provided.
I think it became obvious that Toyota hid the defect in their vehicles from the public, did little or nothing to correct it immediately, in order to make more money.
Now... the auto workers want to show support!!
What's wrong with this picture :(
Nothing, seeing that the American auto companies have done likewise for years.
respect

Troy, MO

#3 Feb 26, 2010
It would be a terrible thing if Bodine shut down for good here in Troy. They pay thousands upon thousands of dollars that go to our schools, town etc. Not to mention how many employee's would be layed off. I shudder to think about it. It is not about the co. in itself, it is about the people it employs. I do feel empathy for the people that were injured and even killed as a result of those flaws that were obscured from our view. Is that the fault of the workers, the people that work on the line everyday? No..If it was your job, your home, your family, you would feel different.
Kaizen

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Sep 6, 2013
I just find out, Toyota will send $$$ in troy aluminum casting facilities. Create jobs and Tax money for Troy. I don't care Japanese company or not, Create jobs in Lincolin Co is good thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kinki, Japan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kamakura offers something for everyone Nov 21 Russian Ainu 25
News Japanese city of Osaka is well worth a visit (Jan '15) Sep '16 Human 4
News Singapore-KL high speed rail: Full speed ahead ... Aug '16 Ainu 11
News Japanese detention centre inmates on hunger strike Aug '16 Ainu 10
News Kanto, Kansai, Kyushu to test biometric-based, ... (Apr '16) Apr '16 Ainu 2
News Non-Japanese kids face cycle of poverty if muni... (Feb '16) Apr '16 APEAUDAEGUMINDEBD... 18
News World cheers Obama victory, crosses fingers for... (Nov '08) Jan '16 Abduterrain 8
More from around the web