US's most powerful nuclear bomb being...

US's most powerful nuclear bomb being dismantled

There are 18 comments on the Athens Banner-Herald story from Oct 25, 2011, titled US's most powerful nuclear bomb being dismantled. In it, Athens Banner-Herald reports that:

The last of the nation's most powerful nuclear bombs - a weapon hundreds of times stronger than the bomb dropped on Hiroshima - is being disassembled nearly half a century after it was put into service at the height of the Cold War.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Athens Banner-Herald.

Lonewolf

Leesville, SC

#1 Oct 25, 2011
What a waste. Instead of taking it apart,just drop it on Somalia.

Since: Jul 08

Southington, CT

#2 Oct 25, 2011
Lonewolf wrote:
My vote would have been Pakistan.
scout

Castro Valley, CA

#3 Oct 25, 2011
Good. Now let's dismantle Israel's nukes.

Since: Feb 07

Whitman,Ma

#4 Oct 25, 2011
My vote would be Iran.
scout

Castro Valley, CA

#5 Oct 25, 2011
Yeah, but AFTER we appropriate ALL of Israel's nukes. If Israel can have nukes, then so can EVERYONE.
scout

Castro Valley, CA

#6 Oct 25, 2011
Lonewolf wrote:
We caused Somalia's problems. Do a search on how the lezzie, Rice, worked this out.
Billy

Bellevue, WA

#7 Oct 25, 2011
Nukes are old fashoned and outdated. The new generation of scalar weapons can vaporize an entire city without the residual radiation. The new weapons make this old thing look like a fire cracker. Nukes are going the way of the horse and buggy.
umm

United States

#8 Oct 25, 2011
Lonewolf wrote:
Iran.
The Horseman

Estonia

#9 Oct 26, 2011
Hold your horses guys. The article says it's 600 times the Hiroshima bomb. Other than turning Iran and Paki into dust flakes, it could set off earthquakes along geo fault lines or even affect the earthÂ’s rotation or orbit. You never know. Looking at the picture gives me that strange apocalyptic feeling.

Southington, CT

#10 Oct 26, 2011
The Horseman wrote:
Hold your horses guys. The article says it's 600 times the Hiroshima bomb. Other than turning Iran and Paki into dust flakes, it could set off earthquakes along geo fault lines or even affect the earthÂ’s rotation or orbit. You never know. Looking at the picture gives me that strange apocalyptic feeling.
Earthquakes in Iran and Pakistan would be an additional bonus. Scorch earth policy is the only one western countries should have dealing with muslim cults.

Southington, CT

#11 Oct 26, 2011
Billy wrote:
Nukes are old fashoned and outdated. The new generation of scalar weapons can vaporize an entire city without the residual radiation. The new weapons make this old thing look like a fire cracker. Nukes are going the way of the horse and buggy.
Well then, drop one on Pakistan and let's see how it works.
short trus micro us

United States

#12 Oct 26, 2011
international justice?
short trus micro bus

United States

#13 Oct 26, 2011
or just a plee for amnesty
Wet Dream

Aledo, IL

#14 Oct 26, 2011
CTYankee wrote:
<quoted text>
My vote would have been Pakistan.
My vote would be The Bible Belt and Israel.
Mr Obvious

United States

#15 Oct 26, 2011
CTYankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Earthquakes in Iran and Pakistan would be an additional bonus. Scorch earth policy is the only one western countries should have dealing with muslim cults.
You are a sick person!
Mr Obvious

United States

#16 Oct 26, 2011
Lonewolf wrote:
You are a disgusting creature!

Southington, CT

#17 Oct 27, 2011
Mr Obvious wrote:
<quoted text>You are a sick person!
Sick of muslim barbarity in the name of allah. You think I care, in the tinniest bit, whether the entire iranian population is snuffed out? The iranians created the government they have. They deserve what they consequences of their creation. As does Porkistan. Whether a person dies of a bullet to the skull or in a thermonuclear blast doesn't make a bit of difference, dead is dead.

“Ye ol' Pirate Penguin”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#18 Oct 27, 2011
I have to agree with most people here.
There are some places that would benefit from large bomb being dropped on it.

Lets say we drop it on a shit hole like... papa new guinea... this will remove all the starving/dying/useless people there, and leave the land open for some other country to make better use of.

The land itself isn't that bad - a first world country could make a good settlement there - just clean it up first.

Of course, you could drop it on an oil rich country, and let the UN take over it, and allow it to cheaply distribute oil to UN nations as required...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiroshima, Japan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama to make historic visit to Hiroshima May 27 Whatever 1
US Thugs (May '15) May 10 Boots on the Grou... 4
Hiroshima Music Thread (Oct '13) Nov '15 Musikologist 7
News Sako's, the Best BLT in the World (Jun '10) Jan '15 Martin garey 30
News Hiroshima still a powerful reminder of the horr... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Deutschi Deutschmann 2
News Changwon City Offers Student Exchange Program (Aug '14) Nov '14 Switches 206
News Weird NJ: The Double Trouble mystery spotWeird ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Simply_Red 1
More from around the web