Environmental lines redrawn

Environmental lines redrawn

There are 5 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 18, 2009, titled Environmental lines redrawn. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Click here to enlarge graphic " /> Click here to enlarge graphic Nuclear energy in the U.S. 1934: Enrico Fermi irradiates uranium with neutrons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

JThomas

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 18, 2009
Solar, wind, and water are nothing but pipe dreams since they will never supply enough reliable power. Although there is actually global "cooling" instead of "warming", I think nuclear is a good way to go. Nevada can store all the spent fuel rods.
Tom

Vienna, Austria

#2 Jun 18, 2009
Wind and solar are two ways of using renewable energies. They wont nessecarily replace fossil fuels alltogether but it does have its uses. Just because something isnt the answer for everything doesnt mean it doesnt have any use or benefit.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#3 Jun 18, 2009
Wind and Solar and Hydrogen FC have their niche -- mostly in remote communities. In fact, reliable small form factor power generation could open up vast unsettled areas of Canada and Australia -- two countries where the population is congested around city centers.

However, primary generating power to large urban centers isn't going to be wind, solar, or tidal -- ever
Tom

Vienna, Austria

#4 Jun 18, 2009
Sounds good, too bad you cant close a thread before it turns into a pool of misinformation.
Solar and wind = a source of energy. Will it be the main source of energy in the future, probably not but a part of it.
Test

Fairfax, VA

#5 Jun 23, 2009
test post

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiroshima, Japan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sako's, the Best BLT in the World (Jun '10) Nov '16 USMC Florida 32
Hiroshima Music Thread (Oct '13) Aug '16 Musikologist 8
News Obama to make historic visit to Hiroshima (May '16) May '16 Whatever 1
US Thugs (May '15) Aug '15 dGo mDenda lyHo i... 3
News Hiroshima still a powerful reminder of the horr... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Deutschi Deutschmann 2
News Changwon City Offers Student Exchange Program (Aug '14) Nov '14 Switches 206
News Weird NJ: The Double Trouble mystery spotWeird ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Simply_Red 1
More from around the web