On this Day: U.S. Drops Atomic Bomb o...

On this Day: U.S. Drops Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima, Japan

There are 6 comments on the findingDulcinea story from Aug 5, 2008, titled On this Day: U.S. Drops Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima, Japan. In it, findingDulcinea reports that:

On Aug. 6, 1945, U.S. war plane Enola Gay dropped "Little Boy," a 9,700-pound atomic bomb, on Hiroshima.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at findingDulcinea.

Oldman Freeman

Belgrade, Serbia

#1 Aug 6, 2008
The killing more of 100,000 civilians ( i.e: children, women, old people ... is GENOCIDE par excellance...

quote from wikipwdia :

"Genocide is the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, religious, or national group."
Jed Clampit

Mesquite, NV

#2 Aug 6, 2008
Let's not forget that Japan part of the axes Powers was also working on an atomic Bomb ! They used kids to fly planes into our ships and were the worst country to treat or POW'S .
When asked they would say they never joined the
Geneva convention so it didn't matter ?
When they dropped the Bomb it saved many American
lives ! What went around came back around !!!
Daniel S Day

Bellingham, MA

#3 Aug 6, 2008
Great story.....my granpa helped make that bomb....he was a genius
Brittany Miller

Coeur D Alene, ID

#4 May 12, 2009
I do not see where the information is located at. Where is it at?
Jap Got PWN

San Diego, CA

#5 May 19, 2009
kablablablabaaaaam one Roundhouse Kick for 2 cities, followed with groin kicks for each of them
Whoopii

Australia

#6 May 19, 2009
It just shows that there is hardly a country on earth that has a clean slate.
Wars and atomic bombs are abominations. Lets get rid of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiroshima, Japan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US Thugs Aug 5 dGo mDenda lyHo i... 3
Hiroshima Music Thread (Oct '13) May '15 Musikologist 6
News Sako's, the Best BLT in the World (Jun '10) Jan '15 Martin garey 30
News Hiroshima still a powerful reminder of the horr... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Deutschi Deutschmann 2
News Changwon City Offers Student Exchange Program (Aug '14) Nov '14 Switches 206
News Weird NJ: The Double Trouble mystery spotWeird ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Simply_Red 1
News Last crew member of Enola Gay dies in Georgia (Jul '14) Aug '14 Switches 13
More from around the web