Bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was 'divine punishment': South...

May 24, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daily Mail

A South Korean newspaper has sparked outrage by claiming the atomic bombing of Hiroshima that killed 200,000 people in Japan during World War II was a 'divine punishment'. JoongAng Ilbo, which is one of the biggest South Korean daily newspapers, published the claims in a comment piece by one of its 'editorial writers' Kim Jin in both its English ... (more)

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Aug 7, 2013
Michael

Lynbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

The bombings were necessary as a warning...and as a balance. The Japanese should understand this, they volunteered for it.

God bless Japan; the sacrifice they chose to make was truly a great one.
Mako

Fair Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2013

Why are people still going on about that?
NEVERforget

Bryn Mawr, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2013

Mako wrote:
Why are people still going on about that?
Never forget history or you will repeat it.

I still have questions. What were the actual military targets? Why wasn't more time given to Japan after the first bomb was dropped to realize the weapons they were now facing.

Everyone must remember that the Japanese soldiers were fighting like Samurai to the end/death in the surrounding islands so I believe there would've been a catastrophic body count invading Japan itself. If nothing else look at the civilians jumping off cliff after the Allies invaded some of the island. What would've happened with a full scale invasion of their homeland.

Never forget history or you will repeat it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hiroshima, Japan Discussions

Search the Hiroshima, Japan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Vietnamese in Japan, Netherlands hold anti-Chin... Jul 15 Ainu 1
Hiroshima Music Thread (Oct '13) Jul 10 Musikologist 4
Sako's, the Best BLT in the World (Jun '10) Mar '14 Celeste Suitt Hayes 17
Neil Young blasts Harper government for allowin... (Jan '14) Jan '14 bogginfloggin 30
Shut It Down Affinity Group Blocks Traffic, Ent... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Community Disorganizer 5
Oklahoma tornado was 600 TIMES more powerful th... (May '13) May '13 Nanjing massacure 2
Cross-Talk of Receptor Activator of Nuclear Fac... (May '13) May '13 christian 1
•••
•••