Bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was...

Bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was 'divine punishment': South...

There are 3 comments on the Daily Mail story from May 24, 2013, titled Bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was 'divine punishment': South.... In it, Daily Mail reports that:

A South Korean newspaper has sparked outrage by claiming the atomic bombing of Hiroshima that killed 200,000 people in Japan during World War II was a 'divine punishment'. JoongAng Ilbo, which is one of the biggest South Korean daily newspapers, published the claims in a comment piece by one of its 'editorial writers' Kim Jin in both its English ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Mail.

Lynbrook, NY

#1 May 24, 2013
The bombings were necessary as a warning...and as a balance. The Japanese should understand this, they volunteered for it.

God bless Japan; the sacrifice they chose to make was truly a great one.

Citrus Heights, CA

#2 Jul 30, 2013
Why are people still going on about that?

Bryn Mawr, PA

#3 Aug 7, 2013
Mako wrote:
Why are people still going on about that?
Never forget history or you will repeat it.

I still have questions. What were the actual military targets? Why wasn't more time given to Japan after the first bomb was dropped to realize the weapons they were now facing.

Everyone must remember that the Japanese soldiers were fighting like Samurai to the end/death in the surrounding islands so I believe there would've been a catastrophic body count invading Japan itself. If nothing else look at the civilians jumping off cliff after the Allies invaded some of the island. What would've happened with a full scale invasion of their homeland.

Never forget history or you will repeat it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiroshima, Japan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US Thugs Aug '15 dGo mDenda lyHo i... 3
Hiroshima Music Thread (Oct '13) May '15 Musikologist 6
News Sako's, the Best BLT in the World (Jun '10) Jan '15 Martin garey 30
News Hiroshima still a powerful reminder of the horr... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Deutschi Deutschmann 2
News Changwon City Offers Student Exchange Program (Aug '14) Nov '14 Switches 206
News Weird NJ: The Double Trouble mystery spotWeird ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Simply_Red 1
News Last crew member of Enola Gay dies in Georgia (Jul '14) Aug '14 Switches 13
More from around the web