Whole towns gone--no cars or people seen

Whole towns gone--no cars or people seen

There are 5 comments on the Daily Yomiuri story from Mar 12, 2011, titled Whole towns gone--no cars or people seen. In it, Daily Yomiuri reports that:

The Yomiuri Shimbun's airplane Mirai, which I was aboard, left Hokkaido's Hakodate Airport shortly after 8 a.m. Saturday, heading for the areas devastated by the massive Tohoku Pacific Offshore Earthquake and subsequent tsunamis on Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Yomiuri.

Donna Rogers

Spring Grove, PA

#1 Mar 12, 2011
We are trying to locate a family in Aomori by the name of Takahachi, first name is Mizuho. We are very worried and do not know how to proceed.
Donna Rogers
[email protected]
Pam

United States

#2 Mar 12, 2011
We are praying that our daughter Haruka Ijitsu is alive; She works for Japan Television in Hokkaido; She lives in Kushiro-shi.
[email protected]
[email protected]
Kammie Holder

Waterloo, Canada

#3 Mar 12, 2011
We in Barbados are sorry to hear of the tragedy in Japan we are praying for you.
Giancarlo

S├Čnnai, Italy

#4 Mar 13, 2011
I am praying for all my friends in Hachinohe at the Hachinohe Smelting Co.. I hope they and their families are safe.If possible return me any news.
Giancarlo Carlini
[email protected]
wishing

Ruckersville, VA

#8 Mar 14, 2011
Giancarlo wrote:
I am praying for all my friends in Hachinohe at the Hachinohe Smelting Co.. I hope they and their families are safe.If possible return me any news.
Giancarlo Carlini
[email protected]
My family is also in Hachinohe and we got one email from them a day after the quake before their battery went dead. They're shaken but ok. The water was turned off and no power but they said they had food that would last a while. They also said the tsunami hadn't affected them. Their home is damaged but will be livable. Their things are all over the place with anything breakable, broken. It's very cold there right now.
My hope is your friends are all safe but I wanted to let you know not all homes or businesses were demolished.
God bless you...I pray you hear from your friends very soon!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hakodate, Japan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Photos: Japan earthquake and tsunami aftermath (Mar '11) Aug '12 tatsuya 37
News Japanese earthquake: Eyewitness accounts (Mar '11) Mar '11 Jerry Briseno Sea... 1
News Visit Hakodate, Japan (Feb '11) Feb '11 debi 1
News Japan News: Old British consulate in Hakodate r... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Juergen Przybylak 1
News Japan Lite Keeping it short and casual in Aomori (Feb '07) Sep '07 Simon L 3
More from around the web