Exclusive: Christopher Savoie Talks A...

Exclusive: Christopher Savoie Talks About Japan Ordeal - NewsCh...

There are 524 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Oct 19, 2009, titled Exclusive: Christopher Savoie Talks About Japan Ordeal - NewsCh.... In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

In a NewsChannel 5 Investigates exclusive, Christopher Savoie speaks out about the ordeal that landed him in a Japanese jail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 27
Next Last
bambi

Del Valle, TX

#556 May 10, 2011
to The Reporter,

I understand your point, but again, he is not American. He chose to give up his citizenship.
He has no right to use American justice system for this case.
teleta

Japan

#557 May 15, 2011
Reality wrote:
Why are people going after the media? This man went to a country and broke their laws. Like it or not it is their law. We don't want people coming here telling us what is right or wrong based on the laws in their country
Chris Savoie broke no laws while he was in Japan. He was arrested on suspicion of kidnapping his own children, however in Japan the police can arrest anybody on suspicion of anything and hold them without filing charges.
HRB

Japan

#558 Jun 8, 2011
Japan, the Japanese laws and the Japanese people themselves are a bunch of idiots who only thinks about themselves and no one else. They are always complaining about North Korea abducting citizens from Japan when in reality they are doing exactly the same thing. The Japanese people of today break many laws in other countries and when they are caught, they run back to their country for protection. It is so sad that the wife of Chris Savoie is not getting penalized for her actions. If you ask me, I think she should have her children returned back to America and for herself, she should be thrown into jail for 99 years for causing a lot of trouble for everyone. She is just pure evil with only one thing in mind, herself and no one else. I would not be surprised that she is a terrible mother that doesn`t look after her kids at all. She is probably one of those idiot Japanese mothers that does a lot of talking with no actions. They talk to their kids and even though their kids don`t listen to them, they continue to talk with no action to keep their kids safe and away from harm. She is just pure evil and nothing better.
mix kid

Shinjuku, Japan

#559 Apr 9, 2014
Paul Toland wrote:
Thank you Christopher for sacrificing so much and helping bring to light the Human Rights Tragedy of Japanese Child Abduction. Your efforts have helped the future fate of the 130+ American and countless other children who have been abducted to Japan. Sincerely, Paul Toland
I found the below journal that says Paul Toland never paied child support for his daughter and refused to put money to her trust fund.

And I read that Mr. Toland claimed that he spent $200,000 for the lawyers in custody battle in Japan courts.

Seems like Paul Toland NEVER PAID child support but paid $200K to lawyers...
Why doesn't he pay the same money to his daughter's trust fund so that her family could have allowed the father to be with her.

I first pitied Paul Toland but any father who is capable of paying child support but doesn't pay it is terrible.

And Paul Toland supporting Savoie makes him really the same kind of man to me.

http://www.stripes.com/news/navy-officer-trav...

He claims his former mother-in-law refuses to allow visitation, although Judy Dugger, a Virginia attorney who represents the family of his ex-wife, said that is not the case.

"We welcome him to see her," Dugger said. "Every time we tried to set it up, he’d walk away from it.

"He knows where the child is, and we’ve offered supervised visitation. He should file for custody in the Japanese courts," Dugger said, adding a claim that Toland owes years of back child support.

Toland denies Dugger’s claims and said he has given up on pursuing the case in Japanese courts because "it’s a pre-determined outcome."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 27
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fukuoka, Japan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gig in Japan Jan '15 WORMKENDEVATIDEBD... 2
News Japan K-Cover Dance Dec '14 DRUGDAEGUTHAIDEBD... 6
News Daisuke Matsuzaka signs with SoftBank Hawks of ... Dec '14 SHlTWORMDAEGUDEBD... 2
News Largest Japanese active volcano spews ash and r... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
News Oregon Coast Tsunami Debris Questions: What are... (May '14) Jul '14 Aerostar P601 2
News Dalai Lama praises Liu Xiaobo's efforts 'to mak... (Nov '10) May '14 JH Info Sharing 7
News The sounds of everyday Japanese life (Mar '14) Mar '14 Ainu 1
More from around the web