Exclusive: Christopher Savoie Talks About Japan Ordeal - NewsCh...

Full story: NewsChannel5.com Nashville

In a NewsChannel 5 Investigates exclusive, Christopher Savoie speaks out about the ordeal that landed him in a Japanese jail.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of524
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 08

Murfreesboro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Judged:

"But, in the end, he said Japanese authorities didn't seem to care."

Me either...
hawaiian super man

Pahoa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Judged:

welcome home Franklin super man. so the gates did not swing open, we wonder why. perhaps the tax tab needs to be paid. are you a us citizen? are the children us citizens?
rashock

Bakurocho, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Judged:

Good Job Phil, you finally got what you wanted with national attention on the Today show. Now, I understand why you didn't want to do any balance journalism in telling this story. The Savoies may have gone elsewhere to tell their story if you would have asked the difficult questions on Christophers actions. I really don't blame you, many would do the same to advance their career. The only thing is that I wish Channel 5 would change the segment from "Investigates" to "Advocates".
bob

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

I know everyone is keeping up with this father who just wants to see his kids again but....

Why this story on Topix but not others?

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/nashville-tn/...
Joan

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Judged:

Unbelievable!!! This Savoie guy is so fake. I seriously think he needs psychological help.
Dreamgirl

Hirakata, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Judged:

Joan wrote:
Unbelievable!!! This Savoie guy is so fake. I seriously think he needs psychological help.
He is an admitted "hypochondriac" who becomes dsyfunctional when around sick people. According to him, that is why he did not pursue medicine, but went into technology and finance. I wonder what he would do if his children became sick while he was caring for them? But that is a moot hypothetical question, because he has never shown any interest in caring for them.
Singing Dixie

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Judged:

Now let's extradite Noriko so she can do her jail time too. Fair is fair, right? Nah... not for Japanese people and the Japanophiles on this forum. American laws don't apply to them! They just want to see the poor man fry for his transgressions and forget about Noriko's minor felony kidnapping criminality. Maybe according to Japanese ethics, Brad and Angelina should also lose their kids too for their lack of morality.

We need a new law: the penalty for an alleged affair: never seeing your own flesh and blood kids again. That's what the Japanese believe in, apparently and we should follow their excellent modern thinking and moral example. That statute should also be non-gender biased as well, so as not to offend the ladies on this blog. If a woman has an affair... sorry, she is banished from the kids' lives forever, too. Mediated divorce agreements signed by a judge should all be ignored in such cases! We need blood from these heathens! They are indeed sick.

Or better yet...maybe we should just reinstate the death penalty for adultery and homosexuality like they have in more enlightened countries like Iran! Yeah that's it! That will really give some justice to kids like these. They can just watch their father and his lawfully wedded wife get lowered into the ground and stoned to death on national television! Think of the ratings! And you remember Not without my daughter! Iran is even more progressive than Japan in its strict one parent custody laws! I think we're REALLY getting somewhere now! Only catch is that under sharia, all he would have had to do is say "I divorce you" three times with witnesses to get away from Noriko...and with no alimony; amen to that! or he could have just added a second wife, but HEY! That's not a bad system either is it?! Avoids the stoning too... Who are we to negatively judge the culture and religion of over a billion people? More muslims than Japanese in the world anyway... We should probably learn from it! I say: forget the Constitution! Bring on Sharia, brothers! That would solve all these problems and get us the cold hard justice that these bloggers want to see and also help out this poor father to get justice too!

Cultural relativistic feminist apologist blogger freaks are the ones who need their heads examined. Except the docs wouldn't find very much there I'm afraid...
Dreamgirl

Hirakata, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Judged:

Comments on Phil William's latest masterpiece of biased reporting:

"His ex-wife, Noriko Savoie, had abducted the children to Japan back in August -- and Tennessee courts gave him full custody."

Translation: the Tennessee court had only given Chris 2 weekends per month visitation but he abused that, being too busy with business, and sending his ex-mistress new wife to care for the children.

""It wasn't a violent act?" Williams asked.

"Oh, no," Savoie answered. "Hugging your kids and putting them in a car, I hardly think that is a violent act."
"You didn't hit your ex-wife or push her?"
"Absolutely not.""

We still see no mention of the 3 hired thugs and 2 private detectives that Chris brought along with him. Maybe one of them hit the ex-wife and knocked her to the ground? Doh. Phil Williams forgot to ask about the conspirators.

""This really is like a scene from a movie," Williams noted.

"It felt like a movie actually," Savoie said. "It was very unreal for me.""

Oh, oh. Chris Savoie is thinking of making money by making a movie. Phil Williams can be the director.

"At the consulate, Savoie said, one consular officer actually reached for his daughter -- and tried to let them in. But, for some unknown reason, he said the gates never opened."

He reached for the daughter through the gates? Probably it was an effort to protect the child from what looked like a madman terrorist.

""Basically, I'm not allowed to see them. I'm not even allowed to call them. I'm not even allowed to send them birthday presents.""

Very wise of the Japanese to severely restrict this out-of-control control freak.

""They're going to find out who their Dad is, what he's all about and that he loves them and if loving my kids so much that I really want to be with them is a crime, then I'm guilty. I'm guilty of loving my kids.""

In legal terms, he is guilty of hiring people (spending at the least $30,000) to help him forcibly abduct children. In moral terms, he is guilty of so much more. And yes, the children will find out about him.

""There are no words for it, you know. There just aren't any words for it.""

Exactly. There are just no words to express how guilty this man is. A man whose selfishness knows no bounds, and who apparently has no conscience whatsoever.
Singing Dixie

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Judged:

Oh and your reporting is just SO less biased, Ms. Ibaraki. Good job at balance and lack of emotion in your neutral professional journalism. Take a chill pill, or one might begin to think these were YOUR kids or something. Give us all a break you dirty sneaky Japanese people in love with the felon fugitive wife on this blog. Like another blogger said we should have just made you the 51st state and kept it that way. You hypocrites! Get back on your god-forbidden island, drink some more green tea coolaid and stay there in your Japanese misogynistic, racist, xenophobic, intolerant, bizzaroland paradise forever, you airheads. Why bother leaving such a wonderful place. Do us all a favor!
Singing Dixie

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

Judged:

http://www.dannychoo.com/post/en/877/Japan+Pe...

What a great safe place to raise kids! These Japanese talk a good talk but the dirty reality of Japan is pretty bad eh?

Explain this to us all you Japanese bloggers! I thought you lived in a safe, moral country!

No, Japan is a country of perverted immature people with backwards laws on just about everything. Its all over the internet! Start telling us the truth about your little perverted child abduction haven island kingdom! We can all put 2 and 2 together.

Oh, I forgot. Japanese people don't know how to do that (tell the truth and not be sneaky). Remember Pearl Harbor?

My grandfather who fought in the Pacific theatre always said you can't trust the Japanese. He was right! They're always hiding something.
Curious

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

I'm with Kurt Vonnegut. The 51st state is the state of denial.
Another brokenhearted Dad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

There sure is a lot of hear say,he said,she said and narrow minded opions regarding the Savoie case.
Are we really thinking about what is best for the children.The children need both parents with positive outlooks toward their children. Is a shame to realize how little we take the commiment of marriage and raising children. In my own case I have an extrainged wife who refuses any type of reasonable settlement and has kept my son from seeing me since December of 2008. Is that right? when this father wants to see and be a part of his son's life. O by the way my estrainged only moved out of state and it took three years to find her.
Need help if their is anyone who cares about the rights of children to see their parents.
Broken Hearted dad in Nashville
another doubter

Tokyo, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

Singing Dixie: there are many, many parts of Christopher's story that are simply too fantastical to believe.

Explain to me how he got two children into a car peacefully with the mother resisting?

Explain to me how the consulate played along in this scheme (according to Christopher) even though they spell out, crystal clear, and in black and white, that the Consulate does not encourage, condone, or cooperate with Americans that engage in re-abduction:

< http://travel.state.gov/family/abduction/Solu... ;

"IMPORTANT NOTE: United States Consular officers cannot take possession of a child abducted by a parent or aid parents attempting to act in violation of the laws of a foreign country."
Curious

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

Dreamgirl, I'll take the word of a citizen over the statements of the police of any country, except in a court of law where both should get equal scrutiny. No offense to people in law enforcement - liberty demands this.

All that really matters is what the mother and children think happened.
TNMtMan

Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

Thanks Phil. Everything is cleared up now. Oh, by the way, Thanksgiving is around the corner, so remember .... turkeys - can't - fly ... got it?
Dreamgirl

Hirakata, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

No offense to innocent bystanders intended, but reading many posts written by local people makes me wonder about the level of education in Tennessee. What is it, 48th or 49th of the 50 states? Who would want their Japanese children to attend public schools if the result will be adults who don't know how to think critically or write simple prose?

Goodness, people can't spell, grammar is all wrong, bigoted thoughts all jumbled up in a gnarled knot that never becomes a sentence.

Is this the audience Phil Williams is courting with his ridiculous portrayal of Chris Savoie as a loving father who is the victim of a sly woman unwilling to be buddies wih Chris's homewrecking lover?

Does Chris keep a diary? Tell ya what, let us know how many times he has been with his children over the last 8 or 9 years. I'd say once or twice a month on average at most.

Thanks to the publicity of this case, no Japanese will ever want to enroll children in Franklin's public school system.
another doubter

Tokyo, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

from the article:

"Savoie said he went to Japan, thinking he had the law on his side. He showed NewsChannel 5 an official Japanese document that listed him as having joint custody of the children."

What he showed was a Japanese copy of the &#25144;&#31821; {koseki}(family register), which shows BLOODLINES. It does NOT show "joint custody." How could he have a joint custody order from Japan? He NEVER DIVORCED in Japan.

If only Phil Williams could read Japanese or he bothered to hire a Japanese translator. Instead, he relied on Christopher.
another doubter

Tokyo, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

"Does Chris keep a diary? Tell ya what, let us know how many times he has been with his children over the last 8 or 9 years. I'd say once or twice a month on average at most."

Dreamgirl: while I agree with your opinion, you should be aware that Noriko's kids are age 8 and 6. If you're going to criticize others about details, you need to get your details accurate too.
Nanana

Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

Dreamgirl: while I agree with your opinion, you should be aware that Noriko's kids are age 8 and 6. If you're going to criticize others about details, you need to get your details accurate too.
Isn't Isaac turn 9 this October. I think its the new wife who said that Isaac was born October 2000 in California.
BTY

Osaka, Japan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2009

Judged:

Even now after so much is now known about the circumstances surrounding this case, why does this article say he "picked up" his kids who were walking to school? And Chris answers that it wasn’t a violent act,“Hugging your kids and putting them in a car, I hardly think that is a violent act.” I am a little sad he still feels he is the only victim in this case. In a divorce, everyone is the victim. In Amy’s interviews, I get the feeling she knows she’s being deceptive and is just playing to the media on purpose or cuz she has no choice. But Chris seems to be almost delusional in not feeling that he was even a little responsible for Noriko fleeing with the kids or that he contributed in some way to this messed up outcome. Just the picture in the article and his words but looks like he is not even a bit reflective at all, only blaming everything and everyone else for his predicament. No wonder it may have been very very hard the mother to reason with this guy. No wonder, after trying for a while, she just left. Of course, she is not blameless either. But even at this late date when people are much more informed about this case and when so many regular people have questioned the biased one-sided reporting, why does the media still insult our intelligence like this?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of524
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••