New UC admissions policy gives white students a better chance,...

Mar 31, 2009 Full story: San Jose Mercury News 56

A new University of California admissions policy, adopted to increase campus diversity, could actually increase the number of white students on campuses while driving down the Asian population.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Greg

Sunnyvale, CA

#1 Apr 9, 2009
This just takes the cake. white people are the most hypocritical when it comes to race matters, complaining to anyone who would listen about being the aggrieved party and yet receiving the most benefits in a white-dominated society.

Since: Jun 08

AOL

#3 Apr 9, 2009
Greg wrote:
This just takes the cake. white people are the most hypocritical when it comes to race matters, complaining to anyone who would listen about being the aggrieved party and yet receiving the most benefits in a white-dominated society.
no dumbass, white people are an extreme minority in much of California so they had to end the minorities only rule about diversity in schools.

white people can still be legally discriminated against in virtually every area and we are the only ones who don't have protection.
Observer

Lake Forest, IL

#5 Apr 26, 2009
Affirmative action should be banned altogether. The person with the most merit should be allowed to attend. Race should not be even taken into consideration.
Pat Kittle

Santa Cruz, CA

#6 Apr 26, 2009
Conspicuous by its PC unmentionability is the fact that group academic performance reflects IQ embarrassingly well.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#7 Apr 29, 2009
Ever notice nobody is for affirmative action when it affects them negatively? I remembering when Hispanic complained there where too many blacks and not enough Hispanic in goverment jobs here in Southern California Anyone want to guess what the reaction in the Afro American community was?

“Runs Like a Deere”

Since: Jan 07

Rome, GA

#8 Apr 29, 2009
Good for the Goose is Good for the Gander,....

Right Pocket Change,...??
Boby M

United States

#9 Apr 29, 2009
Am I the only sane common sense practicioner in this liberal state? The only fair equitable solution is simply allow the most qualified persons to be accepted for admission based on their SAT scores and entrance exams! The rest can attend community colleges where trade schools can teach tech and repair courses to fix all the junk imported from China and garbage produced in Detroit! The BS racial discrimination based on quotas is ridiculous and discriminatory in its own right as practiced by PC liberal buffoons!
Boby M

United States

#10 Apr 29, 2009
Observer wrote:
Affirmative action should be banned altogether. The person with the most merit should be allowed to attend. Race should not be even taken into consideration.
This can't be the solution because it makes sense and omits racial profiling by the PC crowd!
Ironic

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Apr 29, 2009
PTBW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>
no ****, white people are an extreme minority in much of California so they had to end the minorities only rule about diversity in schools.
white people can still be legally discriminated against in virtually every area and we are the only ones who don't have protection.
I'm not white, but I agree. I do believe that percentages of the state's population should be revelant when admissions standards are considered, and if they don't meet the standards then, they should consider other groups on a rotating basis.
Jari

San Antonio, TX

#13 Apr 29, 2009
Boby M wrote:
Am I the only sane common sense practicioner in this liberal state? The only fair equitable solution is simply allow the most qualified persons to be accepted for admission based on their SAT scores and entrance exams! The rest can attend community colleges where trade schools can teach tech and repair courses to fix all the junk imported from China and garbage produced in Detroit! The BS racial discrimination based on quotas is ridiculous and discriminatory in its own right as practiced by PC liberal buffoons!
First off Community Colleges are probably the most sane decision a poor person like myself can make, and community colleges are usually transfer shcools like mine and community colleges have credited prgrams and credited degrees and majors like mine which is architecture. My thought is that people SHOULD be accepted on their High School scores and SAT...but I thought Asians had high I.Q's and all...
Jari

San Antonio, TX

#14 Apr 29, 2009
PTBW Forever wrote:
<quoted text>
no dumbass, white people are an extreme minority in much of California so they had to end the minorities only rule about diversity in schools.
white people can still be legally discriminated against in virtually every area and we are the only ones who don't have protection.
You had protection for years...what do you think Segregation was..Oh you thought Asians went to white universities during segregation... they attended HBCUs for the most part.
Jari

San Antonio, TX

#15 Apr 29, 2009
Ironic wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not white, but I agree. I do believe that percentages of the state's population should be revelant when admissions standards are considered, and if they don't meet the standards then, they should consider other groups on a rotating basis.
College acceptance should be based on grades not race or trying to get diversity. If Asians make all the Good grades and have the I.Qs they say they do then what is wrong with them flooding American Universities? I did well in hight school, A's and B.s and did good on the SAT too, however I knew that if I went to the universites I got accepeted too I would party and fail...I chose a 2+2 program and spen an extra year knocking out my basics. People who do bad in high school should have to work their way up just like I who did good in high shcool had to do.
Jari

San Antonio, TX

#16 Apr 29, 2009
californio wrote:
Ever notice nobody is for affirmative action when it affects them negatively? I remembering when Hispanic complained there where too many blacks and not enough Hispanic in goverment jobs here in Southern California Anyone want to guess what the reaction in the Afro American community was?
Affirmative Actions benifits others besides blacks...Hispanics should be the last people to complain about AA...
Human Power

San Francisco, CA

#17 Apr 29, 2009
Greg wrote:
This just takes the cake. white people are the most hypocritical when it comes to race matters, complaining to anyone who would listen about being the aggrieved party and yet receiving the most benefits in a white-dominated society.
I propose a White Student Union at my local High School. I propose a United White College Fund. I propose a White Pride day; complete with parades. Wait a minute....I'm a racist! Or am I? What if I was black? What if I proposed all of the above using the words "Black", "Gay", "Mexican" or "Asian"? THEN it wouldn't be racist. Nope. No hypocrites here.
Of course I'm being sarcastic. Does anyone else see how ridiculous it is? Hopefully, maybe 2 generations from now everyone will be so mixed "color" just won't matter anymore. Maybe I'm being naive, but wouldn't it be nice?
MirrorOfDahomey

Las Vegas, NV

#18 Apr 29, 2009
Human Power wrote:
<quoted text>I propose a White Student Union at my local High School. I propose a United White College Fund. I propose a White Pride day; complete with parades. Wait a minute....I'm a racist! Or am I? What if I was black? What if I proposed all of the above using the words "Black", "Gay", "Mexican" or "Asian"? THEN it wouldn't be racist. Nope. No hypocrites here.
Of course I'm being sarcastic. Does anyone else see how ridiculous it is? Hopefully, maybe 2 generations from now everyone will be so mixed "color" just won't matter anymore. Maybe I'm being naive, but wouldn't it be nice?
Yes, i do see how stupid and redundant YOU are.

There already is, a white pride day
so take your neo-nazi loud mouth back to the Stormfront website you came from.

The ku klux klan has been around for over 100 years with white holidays and pride,
so your dumb comment makes no sense!

AND David Duke has a NAAWP, and his klan
member friend don black owns stormfront.
There has always been plenty of
"i'm white and i'm better than you" holidays.

“If You Sleep, You Don't Eat. ”

Since: Jul 08

Santa Cruz

#19 Apr 29, 2009
Jim wrote:
If you don't like it, Asians, then go home. I'm white. My son is white. I want him to attend USC. Angry? What right do you have to be angry? This is America, not China. Again, don't like it? Go home!
Hopefully your son is not as stupid as you. If you really expect him to get into USC, that is.
Jari

San Antonio, TX

#20 Apr 29, 2009
MirrorOfDahomey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, i do see how stupid and redundant YOU are.
There already is, a white pride day
so take your neo-nazi loud mouth back to the Stormfront website you came from.
The ku klux klan has been around for over 100 years with white holidays and pride,
so your dumb comment makes no sense!
AND David Duke has a NAAWP, and his klan
member friend don black owns stormfront.
There has always been plenty of
"i'm white and i'm better than you" holidays.
LOL...Amazing isnt it....LOL.. a bunch of madness but amazing none the less...
Jari

San Antonio, TX

#21 Apr 29, 2009
Human Power wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe I'm being naive,
"Maybe"...???
Yep

Vallejo, CA

#22 Apr 29, 2009
Human Power wrote:
<quoted text>I propose a White Student Union at my local High School. I propose a United White College Fund. I propose a White Pride day; complete with parades. Wait a minute....I'm a racist! Or am I? What if I was black? What if I proposed all of the above using the words "Black", "Gay", "Mexican" or "Asian"? THEN it wouldn't be racist. Nope. No hypocrites here.
Of course I'm being sarcastic. Does anyone else see how ridiculous it is? Hopefully, maybe 2 generations from now everyone will be so mixed "color" just won't matter anymore. Maybe I'm being naive, but wouldn't it be nice?
I used to think that all the wailing about AA by various minority groups were efforts to get their spot at the table. Now that virtually everyone except White males are protected and represented in attendance, employment, management etc the whining has more to do with getting more and more than what would be considered fair. Take for example the AA case in New Haven, Ct where White firefighters were denied promotion because Black firefighters didn't pass the same test that they did. Instead of taking the best person at least by the defined standards they instead deny others in order to sate certain minority groups. Asians who are complaining now are complaining based on the thought that Whites might get more when their argument would be considered moot if the beneficiaries of the new policy would be more Hispanics or Blacks. So the politically correct theory goes that it's ok for minority groups to practice racism if it's against Whites but not against other minority groups, at least not publicly. Asians had no problem with AA when it benefitted them but now that they are considered among the mainstream population wise(in the UC system) they are getting the same treatment Whites have been subjected to for the last 20 years. WAAAAAAAA

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#23 Apr 29, 2009
Jari wrote:
<quoted text>You had protection for years...what do you think Segregation was..Oh you thought Asians went to white universities during segregation... they attended HBCUs for the most part.
This is California not Texas. University where never segregated here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asae, Japan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Asian Neighbors Wary of China, Uncertain About ... Thu NHUCAPLIMDENDRUEX... 57
Is Japan the missing link in China's grand Asia... Nov 30 Switches 16
Dare to Ask: Do Native Americans have facial an... (Sep '09) Nov '14 mike 109
Body odor, Asians, and earwax (Oct '10) Sep '14 SHlTWORMEXIMNAUDE... 44
How Lady Gaga Finally Delighted Nationalists in... Sep '14 SHlTWORMKYOKODEBD... 66
Dialogue among cultures is a prerequisite for A... Sep '14 SHlTWORMKYOKODEBD... 2
Envy of Chinese kids is bad for U.S. and for China Sep '14 SHlTWORMKYOKODEBD... 2
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:42 am PST