What it is like in Amman?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
globe trotter

Warrington, UK

#1 Apr 22, 2007
Hi, is there anybody who can tell what it is like to live in Amman. My partner is going to work in Amman for a 2 year contract....would like to hear from other british who are living in Amman about property to rent, things to do, places to go etc...
Gaith

Amman, Jordan

#2 May 11, 2007
ya man i am from Amman, there are many nice places in Amman. send me your email and i will email u.
Asad

Jordan

#3 Jun 4, 2007
Hi, Amman is one of the most beautiful cities in the middle east especialy at night.
anyway if you need any help yo rent or anything else just email me and i will be more than happy to help you.
my email is [email protected]
Brgds
feras

Newport, KY

#4 Aug 22, 2007
If you want a good resource on amman, restaurants, hotels, stuff to do there, visit this site it's pretty good. http://www.surfjo.com
Rasha Amer

Amman, Jordan

#5 Jul 13, 2008
Jordan is the place to be.
khaled

Jordan

#6 Jul 29, 2008
Rasha Amer wrote:
rigt i agree withe you but witout you
Rani

Amman, Jordan

#7 Sep 6, 2008
Amman - Jordan is the best place to live in :)

check my Jordanian blog out:
http://rani-dababneh.blogspot.com
Steve

San Francisco, CA

#8 Nov 16, 2009
Amman is a great city, very vibrant and hospitable people, your partner I am sure wil have a great saty, thanks to our great King Jordan is a moderate stable and safe country to live in.Good luck !
Steve

San Francisco, CA

#9 Nov 16, 2009
Check out this website you will see beautiful pics of Jordan.

" Ahlan wasahlan "

www.pbase.com/mansour_mouasher/amman
Denis

Wellington, New Zealand

#10 Nov 16, 2009
Hi
Is anyone can tell me more aout Amman life?I sign contract on 2 years and I don't know much about city, price to live,what to do, where to go etc.
What is the average salary in Jordan?
Thanks
nutti

Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

#11 Nov 25, 2009
Well i see some of u are from Amman and some of u are going in Amman...
So i wanna ask u guys, how did u get the job in Amman, i would love to go in Amman and work there. I am biologist..
Anyone knows anything ?????
Rasha Amer

Europe

#12 Feb 14, 2010
Rasha Amer wrote:
Rasha is right, Another Rasha Agrees.
Dania H

Amman, Jordan

#13 Jun 21, 2011
Amman is a nice beautiful city, dont worry u will have alot of fun with the right local people :p
sarah

Amman, Jordan

#14 Jul 21, 2011
Don't listen to any of these people. Amman is one of the MOST BORING cities on this earth. I live in California, but I've been here visiting family for 2 months, and I can safely say there is NOTHING to do here. The foreigners like it because they get paid really high salaries, which allows them to vacation out of the country whenever they have the chance. Only decent thing is the weather. When it comes to driving, these people are ANIMALS!
Kasak watani

Halifax, Canada

#15 Jul 24, 2011
Birds of a feather Sarah, they hang out together.if you know what I mean
passing by

San Francisco, CA

#17 Jun 18, 2012
Today, Amman, Jordan is one of the most peaceful cities in the turmoil Middle East. In the Neighborhood of Shmasani and the Garden, you can walk middle of the night and no worry. Safeway open 24 hours, KFC, Burger King, plenty of molls, etcÂ…It is your American City in Arabic. Jordanians are very proud honest people. I was very impressed first time visit on 2004. Good luck
Leo Najjar

Amman, Jordan

#18 Dec 23, 2012
Slow death, shittiest attitude with shittiest system. Worst infrastructure. People who like this craphole simply like it cuz they're used to live slaves in shit, they cant survive and wont be welcome in any civilized society. Stay away my friend, Im about to die here.
The Judge

Amman, Jordan

#19 Jan 17, 2013
well what I can say is its like any other place or country , if you live there its boring and nothing to do etc etc same as where I live UK I have been here a couple of days now just passing through on my way to Basrah to work and to be honest I have found the people very polite, pleasant they all want to know where you are from and they all seem to speak English, which meant my really really bad Arabic is not needed. I haven't ventured to far from the hotel which really is a shame as if I had a couple more days I would go sight seeing as really being in a different country you have to see what they have to offer yourself I see some hate the place and some love it i like it I was a bit apprehensive at first but I now feel a bit more at ease , and that's only because I am English and stand out like a sore thumb, not because of the people in general, so for my short stay here i would like a longer stay but that's not happening at the moment, my personal view ( and that is all it is ) i think they will love working here, the food is great, the culture is mixed and everyone seems very friendly so i would say go for it there's always a return ticket if you need it, but i am sure you wont, best of luck to you.
The Judge

Amman, Jordan

#20 Jan 17, 2013
oh forgot to mention..i actually agree with Sarah on the driving side of things only, yes they are mad drivers, i have witnessed 4 accidents in the short time i have been here as i can see the main drag into the city centre from my window, all i can hear are car and lorry horns beeping all the time but that's what taxi's are for and they are quite cheep to...just thought i would add that bit if you are thinking of driving take mind reading lessons because no one uses indicators or turn signals (for the benefit of my friends from across the pond) so just be care full if thinking of driving as no one gives way, i cant say i have seen any stop signs, give way signs, traffic lights not from where i can see anyhoo have said my pennies worth yet again good luck
omar

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Jan 30, 2013
sarah wrote:
Don't listen to any of these people. Amman is one of the MOST BORING cities on this earth. I live in California, but I've been here visiting family for 2 months, and I can safely say there is NOTHING to do here. The foreigners like it because they get paid really high salaries, which allows them to vacation out of the country whenever they have the chance. Only decent thing is the weather. When it comes to driving, these people are ANIMALS!
I agree 100%!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Amman, Jordan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Western women married to Jordanian men (Feb '10) 30 min Love Making 113
Guy from California looking for a female to swa... 4 hr Issam1984 2
Married couple 4 soft fun 5 hr Issam1984 8
Sex 5 hr Issam1984 1
Serious bottom 8 hr Nehalennia 1
I need a strong top in Amman for 1 hour 9 hr SmartFun 26
WomAN MISTRESS OR CPL WANTED FOR BIGUY 10 hr SmartFun 2
More from around the web