Saving Hope Gardens - Foundation comm...

Saving Hope Gardens - Foundation commits to reviving green area

There are 2 comments on the Jamaica Gleaner story from May 27, 2011, titled Saving Hope Gardens - Foundation commits to reviving green area. In it, Jamaica Gleaner reports that:

A pathway leading to Hope Gardens. A woman recreates a peaceful scene at Hope Gardens, St Andrew.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jamaica Gleaner.

Francis Nation

Witham, UK

#1 May 30, 2011
To whom it may concerned;
Hope Garden needed a "Theme." The poem below was wrtten by myself in the mid-sixties. However, no music producer took it on. I copyrighted it and kept it all these years. I would be delighted if it is adopted as the Hope Garden Theme-song.
Francis Nation,
Birmingham England.
GARDEN.
The sun comes up over the hills
Dew on the grass shinning like silk
Flowers awaken from their sleep
And it's heaven in Hope Garden.
THERE ARE DAISIES,
DAFFODILS ROESE IN BLOOM, NIGHTINGALES SINGING IN TUNE,
HUSH WINDS WHISPERING THROUGH THE TREES,
AND IT’S HEAVEN IN HOPE-GARDEN.
SMILING FACES,
A WARM EMBRACE, MEETING AND GREETINGS
ALL OVER THE PLACE, TITTLE-TATTLE FOR TWO, LOVERS SAYING I LOVE YOU, AND IT’S HEAVEN IN HOPE GARDEN.
Robert Lalor

Kingston, Jamaica

#2 Jun 4, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful verse and thoughts Francis. I have shared this the Board, Management and Staff at Hope. We are committed to Bring Back the Hope, to what you remember and perhaps even a little bit more.

Warm regards

Robert
CEO
Nature Preservation Foundation
Hope Gardens
Kingston
Jamaica

[email protected]
Francis Nation wrote:
To whom it may concerned;
Hope Garden needed a "Theme." The poem below was written by myself in the mid-sixties. However, no music producer took it on. I copyrighted it and kept it all these years. I would be delighted if it is adopted as the Hope Garden Theme-song.
Francis Nation,
Birmingham England.
GARDEN.
The sun comes up over the hills
Dew on the grass shinning like silk
Flowers awaken from their sleep
And it's heaven in Hope Garden.
THERE ARE DAISIES,
DAFFODILS ROESE IN BLOOM, NIGHTINGALES SINGING IN TUNE,
HUSH WINDS WHISPERING THROUGH THE TREES,
AND IT’S HEAVEN IN HOPE-GARDEN.
SMILING FACES,
A WARM EMBRACE, MEETING AND GREETINGS
ALL OVER THE PLACE, TITTLE-TATTLE FOR TWO, LOVERS SAYING I LOVE YOU, AND IT’S HEAVEN IN HOPE GARDEN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saint Andrew, Jamaica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nas, Damian Marley to kick off national tour in... (May '10) Sep 13 humble me 46
News Is Jamaica losing reggae? (Nov '09) Sep 13 Jean 27
News Gay bashing thrives in Jamaica, homosexuality s... (Jul '09) Aug '16 doG mdDane Hlyo r... 683
Saint Andrew Music Forum (Dec '12) May '16 Musikologist 11
News To be gay in Jamaica "to be dead" (Apr '07) Feb '16 Tom Stelin 1,332
News Behind the Lens: 2015 White House Photographs (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News 39 US missionaries robbed in Jamaica (Jul '08) Dec '15 my balls on ur chin 74
More from around the web