Jamaican gangs target Americans with lottery scams

Americans sent more than $30 million to this Caribbean island last year to claim winnings in a Jamaican lottery. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
BPT

Oxford, CT

#1 May 26, 2009
you would have to be an IDIOT to believe a phone call that you won in a lottery that you never entered. you can't cheat a honest man (woman), however playing up to a persons GREED will always be some people's downfall, and frankly you get what you deserve.
TKO

Blackwood, NJ

#2 May 27, 2009
Whys it not ok for these people to scam people but ok for local urologists and breast cancer surgeons to lie and scam people into having unnecessary surgeries and ruin peoples lives for big money when theres ulternative treatments were they don't make much money from.
jammy

West Milford, NJ

#3 May 27, 2009
BLODCOTHS
BPT

Oxford, CT

#4 May 27, 2009
TKO wrote:
Whys it not ok for these people to scam people but ok for local urologists and breast cancer surgeons to lie and scam people into having unnecessary surgeries and ruin peoples lives for big money when theres ulternative treatments were they don't make much money from.
that is another issue but what does it have to do with this story?
Brandon

Franklin Square, NY

#5 May 27, 2009
A person have to be very stupid to let a Jamaican scam you in any type of game...!
Quack victim

San Mateo, CA

#8 May 27, 2009
TKO wrote:
You have it partly right. The alternative quacks do have ulterior motives when they try to scam innocent cancer patients. They are scamming money while delaying dying people from getting proven treatment that might save their lives. They should all be locked up.
Tom in Lazybrook

Laguna Niguel, CA

#9 May 27, 2009
Typical Jamaican behavior. Jamaica has the highest violent crime rate in the Western Hemisphere, tolerates genocide against its' LGBT citizens, is overrun by gangs and drugs, and isn't safe for anyone outside an armed compound.
Frijoles

Hamden, CT

#10 May 27, 2009
Tom in Lazybrook wrote:
Typical Jamaican behavior. Jamaica has the highest violent crime rate in the Western Hemisphere, tolerates genocide against its' LGBT citizens, is overrun by gangs and drugs, and isn't safe for anyone outside an armed compound.
Sounds like a reasonable description of Texas to me.
Tom in Lazybrook

Laguna Niguel, CA

#11 May 27, 2009
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a reasonable description of Texas to me.
I didn't realize that there was coordinated campaign of genocide against Gays in Texas (like in Jamaica). I wasn't aware that gangs and street violence were celebrated by mainstream Texas culture (like in Jamaica). I wasn't aware that Jamaica's crime rate wasn't 20 times higher than Texas'.
Trinidad_Adventi st_Gay

Tacarigua, Trinidad and Tobago

#12 May 27, 2009
BPT wrote:
you would have to be an IDIOT to believe a phone call that you won in a lottery that you never entered. you can't cheat a honest man (woman), however playing up to a persons GREED will always be some people's downfall, and frankly you get what you deserve.
Indeed!
Greed is their problem--not "Jamaican Gangs".

----------
Trinidad. Adventist. Gay?!
http://trinidadsdagay.blogspot.com
Trinidad_Adventi st_Gay

#13 May 27, 2009
Brandon wrote:
A person have to be very stupid to let a Jamaican scam you in any type of game...!
And what are you when an American scams you?

----------
Trinidad_Adventi st_Gay

#14 May 27, 2009
Tom in Lazybrook wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't realize that there was coordinated campaign of genocide against Gays in Texas (like in Jamaica). I wasn't aware that gangs and street violence were celebrated by mainstream Texas culture (like in Jamaica). I wasn't aware that Jamaica's crime rate wasn't 20 times higher than Texas'.
Who "co-ordinates" this "campaign" against gays in Jamaica?

----------
Mirror

Kingston, Jamaica

#15 May 27, 2009
Tom in Lazybrook wrote:
This isn't about the shit-hole now Tommy-boy, lol..
Tax Payer

San Francisco, CA

#16 May 27, 2009
Trinidad_Adventist_Gay wrote:
<quoted text>
And what are you when an American scams you?
----------
A democrat lol
Boo hoo

Stoystown, PA

#18 May 27, 2009
There are a lot of stupid gullible people walking around. I wonder if they can chew gum at the same time they are walking.
SPEARCHUCKER EL MAYATE

Woodway, TX

#19 May 27, 2009
it should read stuipd greedy american are targeted by gangs.bernie madeoff strikes again.
Tom in Lazybrook

United States

#20 May 27, 2009
Trinidad_Adventist_Gay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who "co-ordinates" this "campaign" against gays in Jamaica?
----------
The Prime Minister of Jamaica, much of the Jamaican Press (including the Kingston Chronicle), most of the Jamaican clergy, the Jamaican prosecutors/police officers, and popular cultural icons which cheerlead and support the killing of Gay Jamaicans, making Gay people illegal, the tolerance of street violence and lynchings against Gays etc.
Tom in Lazybrook

United States

#21 May 27, 2009
Mirror wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't about the shit-hole now Tommy-boy, lol..
No but its about typical Jamaican behavior. Scams, violence, gang behavior, and lynchings. Did you see the article about the Canadian tourists that were attacked by typical Jamaicans? I guess they weren't inside the armed tourist compounds (designed to keep Jamaicans OUT)
Brittney

Kingston, Jamaica

#22 May 27, 2009
Tom in Lazybrook wrote:
Dont be quick to judge us like that. I have been living in jamaica all my life and i have never once encountered any crime of any sort. It's not good to judge based on what you've heard. Everywhere has crime but just because you dont hear of it doesnt mean that it doesnt happen, Im almost a hundred percent sure that america has more scams they just dont get the publicity, does that mean it doesnt happen? Next time before you go blabbing off your mouth, make sure you have your facts straight ......
Tom in Lazybrook

Maggie Valley, NC

#23 May 28, 2009
Brittney wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont be quick to judge us like that. I have been living in jamaica all my life and i have never once encountered any crime of any sort. It's not good to judge based on what you've heard. Everywhere has crime but just because you dont hear of it doesnt mean that it doesnt happen, Im almost a hundred percent sure that america has more scams they just dont get the publicity, does that mean it doesnt happen? Next time before you go blabbing off your mouth, make sure you have your facts straight ......
I'm not quick to judge. I've been paying attention to Jamaica for years now. After noting a climate of extreme violence and lynchings against your LGBT population, I'm willing to believe just about anything about a population that tolerates and celebrates public lynchings of your Gay citizens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Montego Bay, Jamaica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
To be gay in Jamaica "to be dead" (Apr '07) Nov '14 sarahomo 1,331
Montego Bay Music Thread (Oct '12) Sep '14 Musikologist 9
Southwest: You're now free to leave the country (Jul '14) Jul '14 ramp rat 2
Body-Cavity Search at Midway Airport Nets $36,0... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Hope and change 2
Southwest Airlines to launch international flights (May '14) May '14 john 22
Exploring the real Cuba (Mar '14) May '14 Jordi 89
Theatre group overwhelmed with donations for Ja... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Iriegroup 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:46 pm PST