Atheneum's Knight Conquers Rome

Atheneum's Knight Conquers Rome

There are 1 comment on the Hartford Courant story from May 11, 2008, titled Atheneum's Knight Conquers Rome. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

The face of the moment in Rome comes from the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art - its 1512 painting by Sebastiano del Piombo, "Portrait of a Man in Armor." The handsome knight appears almost everywhere around ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Stephanie G-Washington DC

Potomac, MD

#1 May 15, 2008
This was a fun and lively article and great history lession. Not in the sense of a lecture, but feeling like I was living in ancient Rome. The details were astounding. This author seems really up on her subject and can guide me on a trip through any region of Italy at anytime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venice, Italy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Despite bans, Selfie Stick alive and well Apr '15 Alice Pattinson 1
News Amal Clooney taking care of new husband George ... Mar '15 Tara 1
News Odds of George Clooney becoming president have ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Lawrence Wolf 11
News George Clooney Marries Amal Alamuddin (Sep '14) Sep '14 Salami me like um 1
News Guilty! 'Russell Tribunal' condemns Obama, Poro... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Zeppelin 1
News Richie Sambora and girlfriend Orianthi take to ... (Jun '14) Jun '14 STYG2014 47
News An Islamic Louvre in Venice (Feb '14) Feb '14 Old Pom 4
More from around the web