Jennifer Parrish, Go Green: The vinyl...

Jennifer Parrish, Go Green: The vinyl blues

There are 4 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Aug 22, 2009, titled Jennifer Parrish, Go Green: The vinyl blues. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

"If I had known then what I know now, I never would have purchased [vinyl siding]," says Ted Helfand toward the end of the 2002 documentary "Blue Vinyl: The World's First Toxic Comedy." The disturbing and darkly humorous film was directed by Helfand's daughter Judith, who documents her journey of discovery as she investigates the vinyl industry's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

Freshman

AOL

#1 Aug 22, 2009
Why are are the corporations trying to kill us and ruin the earth? What are toothbrush handles made of? The longer I live in Santa Cruz the more paranoid I'm getting. I think it is the cannabis fumes from all the fires or the massive CO2 emissions from the bicycle riders heavy breathing. Can cosmic rays penetrate the ozone layer and nuke us like a microwave oven? Help!!!!
Answer

Berkeley, CA

#2 Aug 22, 2009
Freshman wrote:
Why are are the corporations trying to kill us and ruin the earth? What are toothbrush handles made of? The longer I live in Santa Cruz the more paranoid I'm getting. I think it is the cannabis fumes from all the fires or the massive CO2 emissions from the bicycle riders heavy breathing. Can cosmic rays penetrate the ozone layer and nuke us like a microwave oven? Help!!!!
Mix equal parts greed and stupidity.
Corporations make money

San Leandro, CA

#3 Aug 22, 2009
That is the purpose of a public company, to return share holder investment. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it is foolish to ascribe any sort of moral standing to a corporation. Corporations aren't people. That is why we have regulations.

Corporations aren't trying to kill you or ruin the earth. They are trying to make money. If killing you or ruining the earth is a side product of making money, well, what are you going to do?
b-present

Friday Harbor, WA

#4 Aug 22, 2009
Watch, "the corporation," a documentary, free on the internet.

It explains very clearly why a corporation can do this (they use the14th? Amendment which guaranteed African American's their personhood, which some 'clever' lawyers used to establish a corporation as a person and thus its liability was limited and it couldn't be sued out of existence and was guaranteed rights. The movie also takes on the morality of a corporation and use the Diagnostis Manual of medicine, determines a corporation to have the personality characteristics of a psychopath.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Venice, Italy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where to get Top Quality Hash / Wee d / Meds in... 4 hr Olson 2
Where to get Quality Weed / Hashish & Meds in ... Sun Varni 1
News Farewell, Brangelina, but wait: celeb royalty a... Sep '16 Egomaniacal 1
News Brides rocking the midriff-baring or jumpsuit-w... (May '16) May '16 Jenny 1
News New Zealand needs a clear and informed debate a... (May '16) May '16 HumanSpirit 1
News Nipigon bridge re-opens to two-way traffic (Feb '16) Feb '16 Medewiwin 2
News World's grimiest tourist attractions (Nov '15) Nov '15 Chatte Humide Fille 2
More from around the web