Not your usual blue cheese: Italy con...

Not your usual blue cheese: Italy confiscates 70,000 mozzarella balls after some turn blue

There are 3 comments on the WHNT-TV Huntsville story from Jun 19, 2010, titled Not your usual blue cheese: Italy confiscates 70,000 mozzarella balls after some turn blue. In it, WHNT-TV Huntsville reports that:

In this March 21, 2008 file photo, Buffalo mozzarella cheese is prepared at a dairy in Caserta, near Naples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT-TV Huntsville.

Steve

Uzzano, Italy

#1 Jun 20, 2010
I had one of these from Eurospin in Italy 10 days ago!!- why are the authorities here so reluctant to name the stores selling this stuff and why is it not all over the news here (Italy) to warn people! I pulled off the blue part thinking it was just some staining from the packaging as it was well in the use by date...and put the rest on a bloody pizza...The first I heard of this was on the BBC...not RAI...I suppose it's another case of protecting somebodies financial interests...rather than imforming the public...as usual...Anybody know who is the owner of the Eurospin brand?? This info needs to be all over the net here.
Stan and Kyle

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jun 20, 2010
That's funny. The Balls turned blue. Those crazy Italians. Sorry I could not resist! Ha
dona

Barbisano, Italy

#3 Jun 22, 2010
Those mozzarella balls were imported from Germany.
This for the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Naples, Italy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gurley will be honored during ARC drive in Rock... Jul 8 getreal 2
News Artist builds city structures with over 300,000... Jun '16 wichita-rick 2
News Mile-Long Pizza Breaks Guinness Record May '16 Pavlovs Pig 9
News Anthony's gets its brick oven, looks to open in... Mar '16 Too Much Costs 5
News Chipotle partners to launch Pizzeria Locale (Dec '13) Feb '16 guest 3
News 'Suspended coffee' movement comes to PH (Apr '13) Dec '15 avic ilagan 5
News NATO Leader Says Russia Building 'Arc of Steel'... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Truthiness 2
More from around the web