Ancient Lovers Are Unearthed in Italy

Full story: Newsday 135
It could be humanity's oldest story of doomed love. Archaeologists have unearthed two skeletons from the Neolithic period locked in a tender embrace and buried outside Mantua, just 25 miles south of Verona, the ... Read more
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Hans Stuck

United States

#147 Feb 16, 2007
holysmokes wrote:
<quoted text>
He was cooked and eaten as a hosenfefer dinner by some king many years ago. I saw a cartoon about it.
No offense, it's "Hasen Pfeffer" (Marinated Rabbit in red wine) usually served with Spaetzerl (small pasta dumplings) yummy,yummy

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#148 Feb 19, 2007
Hans Stuck wrote:
<quoted text>
No offense, it's "Hasen Pfeffer" (Marinated Rabbit in red wine) usually served with Spaetzerl (small pasta dumplings) yummy,yummy
I stand corrected.

The Bugs Bunny cartoon did not spell it.

many thanks.
Absolute

Thousand Oaks, CA

#150 Feb 22, 2007
LKfromLI wrote:
<quoted text>
do you ever shut up about this jesus crap?
Really, you sounds as stupid as the teenager who still believes in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the damn tooth fariy.
This died for opur sins line is so old and tired.
There is no god and their is no savior. Get used to it.
How can you be absolutely sure of that?
Absolute

Thousand Oaks, CA

#152 Feb 23, 2007
You can't be absolutely sure that something doesn't exist. Nobody can. That logic is illogical. Have you searched out the far reaches of every galaxy? Of the universe? have you searched every possibility?

Have you been everywhere in the universe? Have you even searched all of the oceans? Think about it. There are thousands of miles of oceans that we haven't even studied/explored and you can say that you are "absolutely sure" God doesn't exist.

Think about it.
Valle

Oakland, CA

#153 Feb 23, 2007
Minaya wrote:
first of all if you want to belittle me and try to insult my intelligence then perhaps you people should learn how to spell. and secondly, dating methods are not perfect and something that happened 4,400 years ago can easily be dated between 5 and 6,000 years. There is usually a plus or minus and as any honest person with a sound mind knows that all dating methods are an inexact science and most are highly flawed. Think the Flood was a myth? Do some research smart guys and tell me how many flood legends there are in ancient cultures and what the stories are. You people open up your mind and pick up a Bible - a book that has never been proven wrong! Never! If it was, it would be on the front page of this and probably every other newspaper in the world...stop listening to the lies of evolution and search out the truth for yourself...turn from your sins and trust Jesus Christ as your savior! Your eternal destiny rests on it! Jesus Christ paid for your sins on the cross...He paid the debt so you don't have to! Remember, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord! So, either you will do it on earth and then live forever with God when you die OR you will do it after you die and it will be too late...you will perish in hell forever. It's your choice and if you ignore this warning when you stand before God, He will bring it to your memory and you will regret your decision forever.
I'm shakin' in boots moron...

Location hidden

#155 Feb 23, 2007
45th precinct wrote:
<quoted text>
He keyed a few of his neighbors cars, slapped around his ex, and urinated on Judas's front step before passing out. We threw him in the drunk tank and after he bonded out we never heard from him again.
Just saw this and it is great. Kudos.

Location hidden

#156 Feb 23, 2007
Absolute wrote:
You can't be absolutely sure that something doesn't exist. Nobody can. That logic is illogical. Have you searched out the far reaches of every galaxy? Of the universe? have you searched every possibility?
Have you been everywhere in the universe? Have you even searched all of the oceans? Think about it. There are thousands of miles of oceans that we haven't even studied/explored and you can say that you are "absolutely sure" God doesn't exist.
Think about it.
I agree with your premise, except for one item. The only thing that absolutely does not exist is a decent episode of "Gilligan's Island."

That has been scientifically proven.
Bill Heyer

Toms River, NJ

#158 Feb 24, 2007
Could I please post a question, please? WHY are we keeping this thread alive? I'm getting as sick of IT, as I am the ones about Anna Nicole Smith and Britney Spears.

Location hidden

#160 Feb 24, 2007
Love, Love, Love

Love, American Style,
Truer than the Red, White and Blue.
Love, American Style,
That's me and you.

And on a star spangled night my love,(My love come to me).
You can rest you head on my shoulder.
Out by the dawn's early light, my love
I will defend your right to try.

Love, American Style,
That's me and you.
Manny

Bronx, NY

#162 Feb 24, 2007
Just wait till your father gets, until your father gets, wait till your father gets homeeeeee !

Location hidden

#163 Feb 24, 2007
Manny wrote:
Just wait till your father gets, until your father gets, wait till your father gets homeeeeee !
Great cartoon.
demarie

Metamora, MI

#169 Nov 28, 2012
Interesting
dummy

Rome, NY

#170 Nov 28, 2012
Peter Palmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so besides being a slave to religious dogma and believing in fairy tales, you obviously are bad at math and reading comprehension too. You say the "FLOOD" occurred 4,400 years ago and this is proof that the Bible isn't the dullisional writing of some men wandering the desert 4,000 yrs ago.
Hey Sparky, from the article "Buried between 5,000 and 6,000 years ago", which means this occurred 600 to 1,600 yrs before youre mythical flood. In fact this kind of disproves your book of fantasies, as according to the bible, the Earth is less than 6,000 yrs old.
STOP TAKING THE RELIGIOUS DRUG AND ALLOW YOUR MIND TO THINK.
THROW THE BIBLE OUT AND WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD.
you deny god what if your wrong? im not perfect but id never deny god
Congoleum

Old Lyme, CT

#171 Dec 1, 2012
dummy wrote:
<quoted text>you deny god what if your wrong? im not perfect but id never deny god
Boy, are you ever not perfect. Your grammar and spelling alone are enough to consign you to hell (if there were a hell). There is no god. There are no feckin' angels, guardian or otherwise, no devils, and no cherubim, although there have been contested sightings of seraphim (Idaho, 1978). This religious ponzi scheme has its roots in a time so primitive we cannot even imagine it, but we buy into it like suckers. Khristians are cretins, Jews are loathsome, Moslems should be institutionalized or put in a zoo, Hindus and Zoroastrians and Ba'hai and Eastern Rite Shriners with their stupid fezzes and tiny cars should be put in a big goat pinata and beaten with sticks. There, is that everybody? Not only are they all delusional, but they're knee-jerk cry babies. That's all. Just wanted to have the last word. Cheerio.
Congoleum

Old Lyme, CT

#172 Dec 1, 2012
And for the very last word, let me add the thought that religions (here we can except Buddhism) have a cleverly built-in, covert, compelling, homicide-incitement message. They also foster tribalism, clannishness, so that The Other becomes demonized. There's not one conflict in the world outside of Africa that is not a religious conflict. So is this what your god intends? Is all the pain and suffering in the world just a character-building exercise? Are the starving babies (and adults) throughout the world a manifestation of your god's will? The Pythons had it all so right in "The Meaning of Life." Especially John Cleese's bit as a clergyman, beseeching a god who could squash us all with his foot, or whatever. Strong work. OMG, there's a mormon at the front door! Goota go get the Taser!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lombardia, Italy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Immediate family at Bobbi Kristina Brown's side... Sat Gander 3
News Legendary gay designers Dolce & Gabbana oppose ... Mar 19 Dinie 34
News Has Putin disappeared because he is fending off... Mar 13 Pro Ukraine 1
News Janet Jackson emerges from seclusion looking re... Feb '15 Kelly DJ 3
News 60 Minutes in birthplace of Stradivarius violin Dec '14 Jere Joiner 1
News J.D. Gordon Trading Announces the Online Launch... (Apr '10) Nov '14 Marcos Jose 111
News Italy: World's largest exhibition of textile ma... (Mar '11) Oct '14 mario 2
More from around the web