Ancient Lovers Are Unearthed in Italy

Full story: Newsday 135
It could be humanity's oldest story of doomed love. Archaeologists have unearthed two skeletons from the Neolithic period locked in a tender embrace and buried outside Mantua, just 25 miles south of Verona, the ... Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
be mused

United States

#1 Feb 7, 2007
Romeo and Juliet perhaps?
jay

Wantagh, NY

#2 Feb 7, 2007
AH! JUST IN TIME FOR VALENTINES DAY...6,000 YEARS TOO LATE :)
Minaya

Thousand Oaks, CA

#3 Feb 7, 2007
Wow! These two were buried rather quickly by something...very interesting...seems to fit with the Biblical flood of Noah as seen in Genesis 6. The timelines given in the article are rather interesting as well, considering that the Flood occurred approximately 4,400 years ago, according to Biblical timelines. The Bible is true and this just backs it up! Jesus is Lord! Read John 3:16 and then John 3:36

“Back & Better Than Ever”

Since: Dec 06

East Meadow, New York

#4 Feb 7, 2007
I would love to hear more about this story, but knowing Newsday this will be the last we hear about it.
Lorinda Patchogue NY

New York, NY

#5 Feb 7, 2007
WOW. This gave me goosebumps. Love springs eternal.
Shakespear

Norwood, NJ

#9 Feb 7, 2007
I TOLD THEM TO GET A ROOM, BUT DO KIDS LISTEN TO THEIR ELDERS? NOOOOOO!
LKfromLI

Addison, TX

#10 Feb 7, 2007
Minaya wrote:
Wow! These two were buried rather quickly by something...very interesting...seems to fit with the Biblical flood of Noah as seen in Genesis 6. The timelines given in the article are rather interesting as well, considering that the Flood occurred approximately 4,400 years ago, according to Biblical timelines. The Bible is true and this just backs it up! Jesus is Lord! Read John 3:16 and then John 3:36
oh will you people stfu.

If we had a great flood then explain the polar ice caps....
The age of the grand canyon.....
The age of crater lake....

Throw your bible in the garbage and open your mind
Peter Palmer

La Mirada, CA

#11 Feb 7, 2007
Minaya wrote:
Okay, so besides being a slave to religious dogma and believing in fairy tales, you obviously are bad at math and reading comprehension too. You say the "FLOOD" occurred 4,400 years ago and this is proof that the Bible isn't the dullisional writing of some men wandering the desert 4,000 yrs ago.

Hey Sparky, from the article "Buried between 5,000 and 6,000 years ago", which means this occurred 600 to 1,600 yrs before youre mythical flood. In fact this kind of disproves your book of fantasies, as according to the bible, the Earth is less than 6,000 yrs old.

STOP TAKING THE RELIGIOUS DRUG AND ALLOW YOUR MIND TO THINK.

THROW THE BIBLE OUT AND WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD.
Rose

Van Nuys, CA

#12 Feb 7, 2007
Minaya wrote:
Ok besides the fact that there is no way the dates match.....how about there is no way 2 bodies could have EVER ended up in this position after a flood....just an observation!
SMARTY

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Feb 7, 2007
LKfromLI // Peter Palmer // Rose

YOU GUYS/GIRLS think ur soo smart huh..u D*MB AS*
did u people know that REAL SMART PEOPLE ARE THE ONES WHO REALLY BELIEVES IN CHRISTIANISM AND IT IS PROOVEN!!! WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE RESEARCH MORE ABOUT CHRISTIANISM THEN SAY THOSE THINGS!!!!
Nick from Baldwin

Huntington Station, NY

#14 Feb 7, 2007
I think they were two guys.
Minaya

Thousand Oaks, CA

#15 Feb 8, 2007
first of all if you want to belittle me and try to insult my intelligence then perhaps you people should learn how to spell. and secondly, dating methods are not perfect and something that happened 4,400 years ago can easily be dated between 5 and 6,000 years. There is usually a plus or minus and as any honest person with a sound mind knows that all dating methods are an inexact science and most are highly flawed. Think the Flood was a myth? Do some research smart guys and tell me how many flood legends there are in ancient cultures and what the stories are. You people open up your mind and pick up a Bible - a book that has never been proven wrong! Never! If it was, it would be on the front page of this and probably every other newspaper in the world...stop listening to the lies of evolution and search out the truth for yourself...turn from your sins and trust Jesus Christ as your savior! Your eternal destiny rests on it! Jesus Christ paid for your sins on the cross...He paid the debt so you don't have to! Remember, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord! So, either you will do it on earth and then live forever with God when you die OR you will do it after you die and it will be too late...you will perish in hell forever. It's your choice and if you ignore this warning when you stand before God, He will bring it to your memory and you will regret your decision forever.
will

Inwood, NY

#18 Feb 8, 2007
be ashame if the fosil was a fake. cuz its odd that they would find this near valetines day
Destro

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#19 Feb 8, 2007
Dinasaurs, what page of the bible are on? If you can direct me, that would be great.3894
Minaya wrote:
first of all if you want to belittle me and try to insult my intelligence then perhaps you people should learn how to spell. and secondly, dating methods are not perfect and something that happened 4,400 years ago can easily be dated between 5 and 6,000 years. There is usually a plus or minus and as any honest person with a sound mind knows that all dating methods are an inexact science and most are highly flawed. Think the Flood was a myth? Do some research smart guys and tell me how many flood legends there are in ancient cultures and what the stories are. You people open up your mind and pick up a Bible - a book that has never been proven wrong! Never! If it was, it would be on the front page of this and probably every other newspaper in the world...stop listening to the lies of evolution and search out the truth for yourself...turn from your sins and trust Jesus Christ as your savior! Your eternal destiny rests on it! Jesus Christ paid for your sins on the cross...He paid the debt so you don't have to! Remember, every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord! So, either you will do it on earth and then live forever with God when you die OR you will do it after you die and it will be too late...you will perish in hell forever. It's your choice and if you ignore this warning when you stand before God, He will bring it to your memory and you will regret your decision forever.
Destro

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#20 Feb 8, 2007
Didn't die for my sins, I wasn't born yet.
No one important

Selden, NY

#21 Feb 8, 2007
Minaya wrote:
I for one will never discourage anyone's belief system. What you believe is what you believe. However, do you realize that when you engage in conversation with loaded phrases like "Your eternal destiny rests on it!" or "OR you will do it after you die and it will be too late...you will perish in hell forever.", you shoot yourself in the foot because it illustrates to your listeners that your prime motivation for "Believing" is because of Fear rather than the quest for absolute truth. As a result, it tarnishes your humbling faith to others because if begs the question, "What else could fear get you to believe?" Just an opinion from No one important.
The Science Guy

Germany

#22 Feb 8, 2007
Minaya wrote:
Jesus Christ paid for your sins on the cross...He paid the debt so you don't have to!
That's a crock of BS, he didn't pay for a single thing, I ended up being billed for the whole kit and kaboodle. He scammed a bunch of my neighbors too :(
Adam S

United States

#23 Feb 8, 2007
There could not have been any flood...

we know this because the great scientists, you know, the guys who know all truth...

well, they knew the earth was flat back then... remember?

The water would have just flowed off the side of the world, right?

Donna

United States

#25 Feb 8, 2007
You need to OPEN your mind and read the Bible before you find yourself in the pits of Hell wishing you had opened your mind!
LKfromLI wrote:
<quoted text>
oh will you people stfu.
If we had a great flood then explain the polar ice caps....
The age of the grand canyon.....
The age of crater lake....
Throw your bible in the garbage and open your mind

“Pingustopher Walken”

Since: Dec 06

Burlington, Canada

#26 Feb 8, 2007
Destro wrote:
Dinasaurs, what page of the bible are on? If you can direct me, that would be great.3894
<quoted text>
The word "dinosaur" wasn't invented until the 19th century. The real question should be how many times does the word dragon appear?(Hint: try the book of Job)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lombardia, Italy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
60 Minutes in birthplace of Stradivarius violin Dec 8 Jere Joiner 1
J.D. Gordon Trading Announces the Online Launch... (Apr '10) Nov '14 Marcos Jose 112
Italy: World's largest exhibition of textile ma... (Mar '11) Oct '14 mario 2
Italy's Defender Matteo Darmian Is Of Armenian ... (Jun '14) Oct '14 dodi 7
Vietnam PM to visit Belgium, EU, Germany, Vatican Oct '14 NGUCAPGAORAGSKHAU... 15
Life in the Arts 2014 Featuring Dressler Smith ... Aug '14 Dr_Pamela_Ellis 1
Dudes, the double-breasted is back Jul '14 Nelly 3
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:20 pm PST