Italy's Most Liveable Cities

Italy's Most Liveable Cities

There are 11 comments on the About.com story from Nov 2, 2006, titled Italy's Most Liveable Cities. In it, About.com reports that:

This year's top three most liveable cities in Italy, according to Wanted in Rome , are Bolzano, in the Trentino - Alto Adige Region of northern Italy; Mantua , in the Lombardy region; and La Spezia, on Italy's ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at About.com.

dimitri

UK

#1 Nov 19, 2006
are you sure?
Joe

Lake Orion, MI

#2 Nov 21, 2006
I think venese should be on there it is an amazing city and a nice place to be
Rocco Tani

Italy

#3 Dec 3, 2006
You never really experienced a rough rainy winter in Venice. All the town could be submerged during "acqua alta" floods. Much better living in any other place, if you are not a frog.
Moimeme

Savona, Italy

#4 Dec 5, 2006
They mean livable in the sense public amenities,traffic viability ...that kind of stuff.

Bolzano is bloody freezing and very windy.

Mantua is nice because of its Centro storico ( for a time it belonged to the Gonzaga family)

La Spezia is an eyesore
Margie Martini Jones

United States

#5 Jun 9, 2008
I love Northern Italy, especially Revo, the home of my ancestors. It beats Venice and it's smells
Margie Martini Jones

United States

#6 Jun 9, 2008
I love northern Italy, especially Revo, the home of my ancestors. It has beautiful mountains, and beats Venice as a place to visit
Tirolensis

Trento, Italy

#7 Jul 13, 2008
Moimeme wrote:
Bolzano is bloody freezing and very windy.
I'm living there and "bloody freezing" is very subjective: in the summer the city is one of the hottest in Italy because there is no wind (and sea) and the temperature goes up like in a boiler.

Look here:
www.euroweather.net/english/climate/city_LIPB...
Allan

UK

#8 May 29, 2012
I lived and worked in Mantua and number of years ago and it was pleasant - however, the .thick og in the winter made it a bit miserable. Ialso lived in the south of Italy for over two years near Taranto and enjoyed it there.
Allan

UK

#9 May 29, 2012
I lived and worked in Mantua and number of years ago and it was pleasant - however, the .thick fog in the winter made it a bit miserable. I also lived in the south of Italy for over two years near Taranto and enjoyed it there.
Antonella

Hawthorn, Australia

#10 May 31, 2013
I lived in Trentino alto adige for 5 years and worked in Bolzano it was beautiful at the time but I found it expensive
ferit aliaj

Warwick, RI

#11 Sep 23, 2015
I saw the video of bolzano and looks nice,marvelous,green nature,beautiful mountains,well organized grape gardens,...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lombardia, Italy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sumaya Abdel Qader, Milan's first Muslim counci... Jul '16 Trojan Horse 2
News Erectile Dysfunction In Young Men May Be More P... (Jun '13) Jan '16 Dion 11
News Italian gay rights debate prompts rethink of sa... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Rainbow Kid 3
News Italians protest to urge govt to grant gay civi... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Belles Echoes 2
News Primark: The retail sensation that's cheaper th... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Stephany McDowell 1
News Michelle Obama lights candles for US shooting v... (Jun '15) Jun '15 fedupwiththemess 1
News Damaging Thunderstorm to Threaten Europe Early ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Zeppelin 1
More from around the web