New life for old restaurant

Full story: InYork 94
Some entrepreneurs prefer to invest in business locations the require little or no renovation work before the doors open to the public. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Meee

Plainsboro, NJ

#1 Feb 17, 2009
It's gotta be better then the Wild Tuna Grill!
A customer

Chantilly, VA

#2 Feb 17, 2009
The food is FANTASTIC and the service is outstanding. Everyone needs to check it out. The portions are huge, and everything, according to the server, is homemade, and boy, with how good it was, I believe it! And they are NOT NOT NOT affiliated with that scum Scotto either. Welcome to York, Pomodoro's!
yum yum

York, PA

#3 Feb 17, 2009
Mmmmm! The menu choices sounds delicious! I love Itilian food. I'm glad there are other choices than The Olive Garden.

A customer,
Thanks for the endorsement. I look forward to eating REAL Italian food.
KInYork

York, PA

#4 Feb 17, 2009
It's a real shame that they never paid the construction company that they were supposed to get. No wonder they never mention them in the article. ~

Since: Jan 09

Red Lion

#5 Feb 17, 2009
KInYork wrote:
It's a real shame that they never paid the construction company that they were supposed to get. No wonder they never mention them in the article.~
Maybe with more "positive" comments like the 3 before you, customers will fill the place and then the restaurant might actually MAKE MONEY and be able to pay off the contractor. If its as good as they say, I know I'll be a permanent customer. Lets give them a fighting chance.
mam

York, PA

#6 Feb 17, 2009
Good Luck Ashley and Stratto!
Robin

Washington, DC

#7 Feb 17, 2009
KInYork wrote:
It's a real shame that they never paid the construction company that they were supposed to get. No wonder they never mention them in the article.~
And from where do you get your information??
Sharon J

Scranton, PA

#8 Feb 17, 2009
I will check this place out and see if this is real Italian food or dutchified Italian food.
brian d bolton

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Feb 17, 2009
all mob related.
probably the same crappy Mulay recipes.
not interested.
old carlisle customer

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Feb 17, 2009
I used to eat at his pizza shop in Carlisle. It was near my work. He is not a chef. He is a pizza maker. Anybody can put on a chefs coat and call themselves a chef. I stopped going there because the man is a total ass. He would yell and scream at his help. The guy is a real nut case and won't be able to handle this place. WARNING: You do not want to work for this guy. WAcko! I don't care if the food is free, you won't catch me there.
A customer

Chantilly, VA

#11 Feb 17, 2009
Sharon J wrote:
I will check this place out and see if this is real Italian food or dutchified Italian food.
It's definitely real food. He makes everything from scratch, and no matter what the other person says, he is a CHEF and he proves it.
WOW

Moorestown, NJ

#12 Feb 17, 2009
brian d bolton wrote:
all mob related.
probably the same crappy Mulay recipes.
not interested.
blah! blah! blah! Such positive and open minded people.
NOsoc

United States

#13 Feb 17, 2009
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
blah! blah! blah! Such positive and open minded people.
No, we're just tired of the same old, same old-Jim and Nena's rehashed, just like all the Greeks that run all the diners around here and sell all the same tired heated-up frozen crap.
not funny

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Feb 17, 2009
You know, Italian Cuisine is much much more than a red sauce based entree or a scampi. By the looks of what is featured above, it may be that this is all this guy knows.......Actually, Marinara is Sicilian/Southern Italian...and there is more to Italian than this....
doubter

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Feb 17, 2009
It sounds like the same stuff every pizza shop in York has. Lasagna gee that's real original! Same food just served on expensive plates with an expensive price. Yeah I bet every thing is homemade. Next someone will say he even makes his own pasta.
carlisle girls

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Feb 17, 2009
first off get your facts straight, It is his family that owns the place in carlisle. Not him. I also know people who did contract work for him, and they paid the bill on time. Why not give the guy a chance. I am sure not everyone thinks your kids are jerks just cause you are. I know that when I am in york I will try it.
Customer

Millville, NJ

#17 Feb 17, 2009
My husband and I went to Pomodoro's for the first time tonight and I must say the food was AMAZING!! The service was excellent, the overall ambience was fabulous! I must say it certainly was not "sauce thrown on pasta"!! Compliments to the chef and his wife!!!!
German-Irish American

Lancaster, PA

#18 Feb 17, 2009
I love me some Eggplant Parm. If its done right.
Joey Vic

York, PA

#20 Feb 17, 2009
Olive Garden..........RULES!
Nuff Said
Semi-literate

York, PA

#21 Feb 18, 2009
While scotto proved to be a scumbag, the place he ran had very good food and good staff. I hope this new venture is as good, if not better. the comments thus far are widely mixed, so the only prudent thing to do is go eat there yourself and find out first hand.
That facility was done very nicely, and it is a shame someone trashed the place. Why are people such pigs?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campania, Italy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anthony V. Saviano (Feb '11) Oct '14 nsaviano 11
'Real Housewives of NJ' star Joe Giudice's fath... (Jun '14) Jun '14 tool 1
Italy's 'The Great Beauty' wins best foreign la... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Nicknat 1
In Naples DNA Tests Link Dog a Wastea to Owners (Mar '14) Mar '14 Go Blue Forever 1
The Chief of the Defence Staff Announces Senior... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jim 1
Outcome Of New Mirapexin / Sifrol (pramipexole)... (May '09) Jan '14 Iris 3
Balkan armies benefit from NATO training (Jan '14) Jan '14 CANADEZOS 5
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:48 pm PST