Navy: Shellfish from street vendors i...

Navy: Shellfish from street vendors in Italy may be bad

There are 2 comments on the Stars and Stripes story from Aug 1, 2008, titled Navy: Shellfish from street vendors in Italy may be bad. In it, Stars and Stripes reports that:

U.S. Navy officials are warning shoppers not to buy shellfish from street vendors or door-to-door sellers after Italian officials linked cases of Hepatitis A in the Caserta province to the unregulated vendors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Stars and Stripes.

Jim

Apo, AE

#1 Aug 7, 2008
I caught on that I might not want to buy Mussels on the side of the road considering they were being sold, unrefrigerated, in the hot sun next to a garbage pile. Hepatitis A - big surprise.
raddman

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Jul 19, 2009
eat them, it's good for the economy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campania, Italy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chipotle partners to launch Pizzeria Locale (Dec '13) Feb 8 guest 3
News 'Suspended coffee' movement comes to PH (Apr '13) Dec '15 avic ilagan 5
News NATO Leader Says Russia Building 'Arc of Steel'... Oct '15 Truthiness 2
News Dempsey doubts need for deep US role in Iraq, u... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Pope Closet Emeritus 49
News Shaped by war, Dempsey doubts wisdom of deep US... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Rev Don Wildmoan 21
News Expert Tips for the Right and Wrong Ways to Che... (Apr '15) Apr '15 jack 2
News Obama a hit among Italian nativity scenes (Dec '08) Apr '15 swedenforever 6
More from around the web