'Multicultural Man' finds home on San Pedro promenade

Full story: Daily Breeze 36
The "Multicultural Man" statue was a gift from San Pedro's sister city, Ischia, Italy. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
J Q Citizen

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#22 Nov 18, 2009
formerly really wrote:
Oh, and by the by, Daily Breeze, Ischia is an island.
I believe they are referring to the port city of Ischia, on the eastern coast if the island of Ischia.
formerly really

San Pedro, CA

#23 Nov 18, 2009
Felicia wrote:
This is a sexist statue. I'm surprised Dr. Knatz and Councilwoman Hahn support it (though Hahn I can understand because she is only pandering to a segment of the Italian vote). It is also a poor work or art, second rate at best, and as such does fit in with its surroundings. The L.A. harbor philosophy of throwing crumbs at the locals seems to be paying off however.
Sexist? Is the Statue of Liberty sexist, too?
formerly really

San Pedro, CA

#24 Nov 18, 2009
illegalsrillegal wrote:
"It's not a big deal," Funiciello said, speaking literally in this case. "It's not even 2 inches. It's like a little child."
Great a pedophile dream. How horrible, thanks for telling me about this, 101 places in So Cal to avoid.
You're going to avoid the area because a statue reminds you of pedophelia? Sounds like you have issues.
Felicia

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Nov 19, 2009
The Statue of Liberty is called the Statue of Liberty, not "Multicultural Woman."
Pinchy

Los Angeles, CA

#27 Nov 19, 2009
Geez. At least they didn't make a copy of Michalangelo's David.

Maybe we could put up a version of Multicultural Woman to even things out. It'd be a statue of Dr. Ruth.

Those immoral, sexist I-talians!
illegalsrillegal

Glendora, CA

#28 Nov 19, 2009
formerly really wrote:
<quoted text>
You're going to avoid the area because a statue reminds you of pedophelia? Sounds like you have issues.
The "artist" said it, the wee-wee is like a childs, Why would anyone want to see that? I find it horrible. Multicultural man naked, really, what is the point? maybe its the "asian" part of the statue. Bottomline, I perfer not to look at little boy penises. IF it floats your boat, so be it. Yuck!
formerly really

San Pedro, CA

#29 Nov 19, 2009
Felicia wrote:
The Statue of Liberty is called the Statue of Liberty, not "Multicultural Woman."
So what? "Liberty" is a concept just as "mankind" is a concept. If you have only one figure, you can only represent one sex. If Liberty can be female without being anti-male then "mankind" can be represented with a male without being anti-female
formerly really

San Pedro, CA

#30 Nov 19, 2009
illegalsrillegal wrote:
<quoted text>
The "artist" said it, the wee-wee is like a childs, Why would anyone want to see that? I find it horrible. Multicultural man naked, really, what is the point? maybe its the "asian" part of the statue. Bottomline, I perfer not to look at little boy penises. IF it floats your boat, so be it. Yuck!
Why are you obsessing over a statue's penis? As the artist said- it's small. You'll hardly notice it. Well, most people will hardly notice it. Obviously it's a big deal to you.

A piece of advice- don't go to Europe. There are statues of naked people all over the place.
formerly really

San Pedro, CA

#31 Nov 19, 2009
OMG seriously? the breeze censored p e n i s but not penises?
illegalsrillegal

Glendora, CA

#32 Nov 20, 2009
formerly really wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you obsessing over a statue's ****? As the artist said- it's small. You'll hardly notice it. Well, most people will hardly notice it. Obviously it's a big deal to you.
A piece of advice- don't go to Europe. There are statues of naked people all over the place.
If I go to Europe it wouldnt be a problem, I would be in Europe. Sorry but I dont think Mr Multicultral needs to be naked, thats all, we can disagree until our faces turn purple or we poop brown triangles.. you will have your opinion and I will have mine, thats not going to change.
illegalsrillegal

Glendora, CA

#33 Nov 20, 2009
Oh I see now, you "formerly really" agrue with Everyone... and here I thought I was special. Darn!
formerly really

San Pedro, CA

#34 Nov 20, 2009
illegalsrillegal wrote:
Oh I see now, you "formerly really" agrue with Everyone... and here I thought I was special. Darn!
Yeah, you're special.
formerly really

San Pedro, CA

#35 Nov 20, 2009
illegalsrillegal wrote:
<quoted text>
If I go to Europe it wouldnt be a problem, I would be in Europe. Sorry but I dont think Mr Multicultral needs to be naked, thats all, we can disagree until our faces turn purple or we poop brown triangles.. you will have your opinion and I will have mine, thats not going to change.
Why not? What difference does it make? Do you think people will be scarred for life by a nude figure? There's nothing dirty or immoral about the human body- the statue isn't doing anything even remotely sexual.Why are you so hung up on it?
formerly really

San Pedro, CA

#37 Nov 20, 2009
pedropirate wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right she argues with the light posts in san pedro just for practice.
She argued with her husband for so long that he died of boredom but she didn't notice for three weeks because she couldn't shut up!!
Thanks for weighing in with the oldest, lamest jokes known to man. Who do you get your material from- Fred Flintsone? Now would you like to actually contribute to the discussion or do you just want to continue to be petty and pointless?
illegalsrillegal

Glendora, CA

#38 Nov 21, 2009
pedropirate wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that right she argues with the light posts in san pedro just for practice.
She argued with her husband for so long that he died of boredom but she didn't notice for three weeks because she couldn't shut up!!
Argues with lamp posts... Too dang funny.
illegalsrillegal

Glendora, CA

#39 Nov 21, 2009
formerly really wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? What difference does it make? Do you think people will be scarred for life by a nude figure? There's nothing dirty or immoral about the human body- the statue isn't doing anything even remotely sexual.Why are you so hung up on it?
Here let me say this slowly just for you.... It is my opinion and JUST my opinion, why are YOU so hung up on it? Let it go, honey, this conversation isnt going anywhere. You think it is okay, and I think the wee-wee can be covered, we can debate all day, what is going to solve? You are already the winner the piece of art is there, now go enjoy it.
Have a nice day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campania, Italy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anthony V. Saviano (Feb '11) Oct 15 nsaviano 11
'Real Housewives of NJ' star Joe Giudice's fath... Jun '14 tool 1
Italy's 'The Great Beauty' wins best foreign la... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Nicknat 1
In Naples DNA Tests Link Dog a Wastea to Owners (Mar '14) Mar '14 Go Blue Forever 1
The Chief of the Defence Staff Announces Senior... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jim 1
Outcome Of New Mirapexin / Sifrol (pramipexole)... (May '09) Jan '14 Iris 3
Balkan armies benefit from NATO training (Jan '14) Jan '14 CANADEZOS 5

Campania, Italy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE