'Multicultural Man' finds home on San...

'Multicultural Man' finds home on San Pedro promenade

There are 36 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Nov 17, 2009, titled 'Multicultural Man' finds home on San Pedro promenade. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

The "Multicultural Man" statue was a gift from San Pedro's sister city, Ischia, Italy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Harborgal

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#1 Nov 17, 2009
I think the port needs the work of local artist who know about the port and San Pedro. Unless your Italian, no one really knows much about Ishchia, Italy.
Harborgal

#2 Nov 17, 2009
Local artists.
Kungfuzhun

AOL

#3 Nov 17, 2009
Harborgal wrote:
I think the port needs the work of local artist who know about the port and San Pedro. Unless your Italian, no one really knows much about Ishchia, Italy.
Sheesh! No appreciation. Looking a gift horse in the mouth. I suppose you didn't find the gift of a bronze frog in a Torrance park to your liking either.
Heavensgate

#4 Nov 17, 2009
A very nice addition to our town.
I like to celebrate the positive.
I'm pleased and will go to see it as soon as I can.
Thank you for our gift.
naked guy statue

Norwalk, CA

#5 Nov 18, 2009
What San Pedro and Los Angeles needs is an "Assimilation Man."
Not quite free

#6 Nov 18, 2009
Kungfuzhun wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh! No appreciation. Looking a gift horse in the mouth. I suppose you didn't find the gift of a bronze frog in a Torrance park to your liking either.
The statue may not cost anything to us but the city storage, transport, placement, the artist who had to draw the landscape pictures, oops, the landscapers, various city officials who had to approve its location and the security/costs of the ceremony all will cost money.
Yep

#7 Nov 18, 2009
Harborgal wrote:
The gift from our sister city Ischia is welcome(thank you!), as would works of art donated by local artists.
HalfItalianHalfD isgusted

San Pedro, CA

#8 Nov 18, 2009
Since Ischia sent us "Multicultural Man" can we sent them back Janice Hahn. Seems like a fair trade, two stiffs who really do nothing and stand for everything.

We can call the gift of Janice "due faccia bugiardo woman" or "buono a nulla woman"

Arrivederci
D Yang

Westland, MI

#9 Nov 18, 2009
Harborgal wrote:
Then, become Italian...que bellisimo!!!!
SKC

Hazleton, PA

#10 Nov 18, 2009
sister city
reached out in friendship
an embrace in art
the response
is a giant
THANK YOU
Harborgal

#11 Nov 18, 2009
Kungfuzhun wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a life freak. Don't go ballistic over someone's opinion.
Harborgal

#12 Nov 18, 2009
D Yang wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, become Italian...que bellisimo!!!!
I'm quite happy who I'am.
BInformed

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Nov 18, 2009
A fabulous addition to the Promenade.
Enjoy the culture San Pedro!
D Yang

Westland, MI

#14 Nov 18, 2009
Harborgal wrote:
<quoted text>I'm quite happy who I'am.
Lighten up, HG...it was a lighthearted joke...
formerly really

San Clemente, CA

#15 Nov 18, 2009
Harborgal wrote:
Many of our local residents are Italian and the Italians who settled here were mostly from Ischia. I think you need to bone up on your local history. Or eat at Neil's more often.
Felicia

Irvine, CA

#17 Nov 18, 2009
This is a sexist statue. I'm surprised Dr. Knatz and Councilwoman Hahn support it (though Hahn I can understand because she is only pandering to a segment of the Italian vote). It is also a poor work or art, second rate at best, and as such does fit in with its surroundings. The L.A. harbor philosophy of throwing crumbs at the locals seems to be paying off however.
Steven

Irvine, CA

#18 Nov 18, 2009
What are you a feminazi? Sexist give me a break.
Felicia wrote:
This is a sexist statue. I'm surprised Dr. Knatz and Councilwoman Hahn support it (though Hahn I can understand because she is only pandering to a segment of the Italian vote). It is also a poor work or art, second rate at best, and as such does fit in with its surroundings. The L.A. harbor philosophy of throwing crumbs at the locals seems to be paying off however.
Dread Scot

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Nov 18, 2009
Harborgal wrote:
<quoted text>Get a life freak. Don't go ballistic over someone's opinion.
Seems as though you are the closed minded freak. Not welcoming a art piece in because you don't want to venture out of your shell.
illegalsrillegal

Walnut, CA

#20 Nov 18, 2009
"It's not a big deal," Funiciello said, speaking literally in this case. "It's not even 2 inches. It's like a little child."

Great a pedophile dream. How horrible, thanks for telling me about this, 101 places in So Cal to avoid.
Wow

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

#21 Nov 18, 2009
How long before it is full of graffiti?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campania, Italy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gurley will be honored during ARC drive in Rock... Jul '16 getreal 2
News Artist builds city structures with over 300,000... Jun '16 wichita-rick 2
News Mile-Long Pizza Breaks Guinness Record May '16 Pavlovs Pig 9
News Anthony's gets its brick oven, looks to open in... Mar '16 Too Much Costs 5
News Chipotle partners to launch Pizzeria Locale (Dec '13) Feb '16 guest 3
News 'Suspended coffee' movement comes to PH (Apr '13) Dec '15 avic ilagan 5
News NATO Leader Says Russia Building 'Arc of Steel'... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Truthiness 2
More from around the web