The picture that shames Italy

Jul 21, 2008 Full story: The Independent 16

Holidaymakers sunbathe, indifferent to the bodies of two Roma girls that lie on this beach near Naples enlarge Cardinal Crescenzio Sepe: Prejudice in life, indifference in death It's another balmy weekend on ...

Full Story
Gabriela

Hämeenlinna, Finland

#1 Jul 22, 2008
Iīm not an hypocrit I donīt like many people, especially i do not symphatize with gypsies. Needless to say again, but what the Cardinal said before true!_ Indefference among people is one the evil meaning of disapproval in human nature.

They are cases where it is impossible to conceal it or to behave in a most human way. Anyway in this sad situation where 2 innocent or not to innocent young souls lie down death on the sand being devoid of the people attention and consideration, this is really unhuman unchristian! Is it too difficult to conceal our disagreement and racism in this ocassions?

I wonder why is so difficult sometimes to turn on a blind eye, especially in this sad situations? One thing is for sure and is that those who devoid those two souls at the beach will never rest apeace with what they did.

YES!!!"Prejudice in life, indifference in death It's another balmy weekend on" I CAN ADD TO REMORSE, REMORSE IS EVEN WORST!....GOD IS LOVE!!! Why do not learnt that YOU too!

Sincerely yours,
Gabriela
Cassie

Spokane, WA

#2 Jul 24, 2008
It is racism when roma steal Italian children away from their parents? Is it racism when roma set fires that harm and even kill Italian people? Is it racism when roma steal monies and other valuables from the Italians? I have yet to see one roma display even one ounce of concern or remorse over the pain and suffering they inflict onto their victims. If Italians have become desensitized to roma, it is only in response to the persistent threat of these criminals. They should not be harbored, rewarded or tolerated. Personally I would kill anyone who stole my child away from me. I can only hope that every parent feels the same.
Question

Busca, Italy

#3 Jul 25, 2008
Oh, god, racism and xenophobia. Don't generalize.
e basta

Montesilvano, Italy

#4 Jul 27, 2008
those are the same distorted crappy news, the italian photographer actually took pictures of sunbathers leaving the beach or worrying about the two dead girls, but those were not published because it's now fashionable bashing on italians, so it was easier showing that they are indifferent and cynical towards poor people, the newspapers without morals and ethics should be ashamed of themselves, not certainly italy, and how stupid are people who trust anything that is shown on multiculture-oriented, leftist-minded, lying-obsessed newspapers which would write the most disgusting things about italy only to gain money, i wonder who really is to despise: the people on the beach or a newspaper which speculates on a tragic death of two innocents just to tell lies and half-truths to portray an evil italy to get more cash?
IPA

Marlborough, UK

#5 Jul 28, 2008
Gabriela wrote:
Iīm not an hypocrit I donīt like many people, especially i do not symphatize with gypsies. Needless to say again, but what the Cardinal said before true!_ Indefference among people is one the evil meaning of disapproval in human nature.
They are cases where it is impossible to conceal it or to behave in a most human way. Anyway in this sad situation where 2 innocent or not to innocent young souls lie down death on the sand being devoid of the people attention and consideration, this is really unhuman unchristian! Is it too difficult to conceal our disagreement and racism in this ocassions?
I wonder why is so difficult sometimes to turn on a blind eye, especially in this sad situations? One thing is for sure and is that those who devoid those two souls at the beach will never rest apeace with what they did.
YES!!!"Prejudice in life, indifference in death It's another balmy weekend on" I CAN ADD TO REMORSE, REMORSE IS EVEN WORST!....GOD IS LOVE!!! Why do not learnt that YOU too!
Sincerely yours,
Gabriela
I've always been convinced that Suomi people are very childish and thus you confirm, Madam, that I was right
e basta

Scafa, Italy

#6 Jul 28, 2008
i agree with IPA those north europe people look down at us with arrogance talking about how perfect their societies are, well since you live in a scarsely populated perfect state why don't you take all the illegal immigrants and criminal gypsies with you to give them a better life and then we'll see who's racist. we are heavily taxed to provide services for ourselves so we cannot care about who wants everything without integrating or working.
rachele

Glen Ellyn, IL

#7 Jul 29, 2008
why is it called "racism" when Italians just get pushed to a point of uncaring.....but its not called racism when the gypsies have been attacking, killing and robbing from the Italians for years? People have such a stupid way of looking at things.
floridagal

Baltimore, MD

#8 Aug 2, 2008
rachele wrote:
why is it called "racism" when Italians just get pushed to a point of uncaring.....but its not called racism when the gypsies have been attacking, killing and robbing from the Italians for years? People have such a stupid way of looking at things.
I have expierenced as a visitor gypsies, and they are so aggressive it is frightening.
Question

Italy

#9 Aug 3, 2008
I assure that those nordic societies are quite far from perfection.
Rick

Cagliari, Italy

#10 Aug 14, 2008
Gabriela wrote:
Sincerely yours,
Gabriela
Let's clarify this, as it doesn't seem as you got it right.

1) SOME people DID try to rescue them, WITHOUT MANAGING.
2) The others didn't move one finger. Probably because they were Gipsies but also probably because LIKE IT HAPPENS IN MANY OTHER COUNTRIES (I have seen a man dying on the street in Ofxord street in London UK and people keeping going without caring...perhaps they were scared he was infected with something dangerous. But i have seen the same scene also in France).
2) Once dead and covered by the Police, WHAT SHOULD BEACHERS DO? Pile up all there to look at two dead bodies all day long? SWITCH THE BRAIN ON and suggest me what they should have done once they were dead and covered.
3) You may not like gipsies but we HATE them, which is different. And if you don't share the view...COME TO ITALY and try their treatment...i am sure you'll change your hypocrite nordic mind with a more practical Italian view. To be honest, we're also fed up with eastern europeans in general, not to mention many others. This is not Denmark or the Netherlands where for the sake of showing off to others we're hypertolerant we bend 90° doggy style and please them in all what they want, to the point of apologizing for a couple of comics...like submissive pussies. Our communists want that, the Sucking EU wants that. WE WANT OUR COUNTRY BACK with bads and goods but OUR DAMN COUNTRY and not a melting pot wiht gipsies, camels ando ther amenities of such type.
e basta

Roseto Degli Abruzzi, Italy

#11 Aug 14, 2008
rick I totally agree with you
Cecco

AOL

#12 Aug 14, 2008
gypsies arent really eastern europeans arent they originally from india? eastern europeans are at least european and catholic/orthodox. romanians are european roma are inddian. anyways many non-europeans should be forced out so stuff like this doesn't happen and noones harmed :D, viva il duce
TTH

London, UK

#13 Jan 28, 2012
Cecco wrote:
gypsies arent really eastern europeans arent they originally from india? eastern europeans are at least european and catholic/orthodox. romanians are european roma are inddian. anyways many non-europeans should be forced out so stuff like this doesn't happen and noones harmed :D, viva il duce
Idiot and stupid, no wonder Italians are at the bottom of the pile.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#14 Jan 29, 2012
TTH wrote:
<quoted text> Idiot and stupid, no wonder Italians are at the bottom of the pile.
It's not a very clever thing to judge, and it's even worst when people generalize about matters of such a complexity.
I am Italian, and surely not always very proud of it, neither of my country, BUT I can't stand no more those who are only able to talk without proper knowledge of what they're talking about.
I've lived and worked abroad for a lot of years, and I can say I've always tried to put myself "in others' shoes", even when some beaviour seemed me unjust, or cruel, or plainly stupid.
And, for example, when I was living in London I saw a lot of stuff like that, more than I was expecting to see and surely more than I'd like to remember, but this have never made me think (neither say) such stupid things about UK.
Because if you try to do what those who are superficial or illiterate usually do, that is generalise about stuff (a country or people, or music bands, or soccer players, or food, or fashion...) without any effort to go deeper in order to truly understand what's really happening, sooner or later you'll be finding yourself judged on the same basis (and, I'm sure, uncomfortable with that), or to say it better and more correctly: on the same absence of basis. Maybe it's what you deserve, I don't know...
BUT: if, for example again, in my (humble) opinion you're a poor ignorant dude who barely knows how to read or write (I'm not saying that, it's just an example), it doesn't make necessarily make your fellow countrymen the same as you. Look, I'm not trying to judge, but only to put things for you in a different perspective... Are you sure that those fellow countrymen of yours would be very proud of you? The answer's yours, and yours only.
My advice: always mind of your own pile, mate... and try hard not to fall on the bottom, instead.
Malin

Rieti, Italy

#15 Jan 30, 2012
TTH wrote:
<quoted text> Idiot and stupid, no wonder Italians are at the bottom of the pile.
mettete il ketchup sopra la pasta...e state ancora a parlare?
Louise Canada

Scarborough, Canada

#16 Feb 8, 2012
Wow, dispicable for anyone, I don't care what nationality to want to continue bathing beside two dead girls. OMG I thought Italians were Catholics?????Shame is all I can say.
Every country has their |"Roma" types who rob, steal, live in less than adequate housing, and generally don't fit in. Every country has their less than desirables but we must accept we are children of God. We alll deserve dignity. Shame also my prayers to the family of these children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campania, Italy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anthony V. Saviano (Feb '11) Oct '14 nsaviano 11
'Real Housewives of NJ' star Joe Giudice's fath... (Jun '14) Jun '14 tool 1
Italy's 'The Great Beauty' wins best foreign la... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Nicknat 1
In Naples DNA Tests Link Dog a Wastea to Owners (Mar '14) Mar '14 Go Blue Forever 1
The Chief of the Defence Staff Announces Senior... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Jim 1
Outcome Of New Mirapexin / Sifrol (pramipexole)... (May '09) Jan '14 Iris 3
Balkan armies benefit from NATO training (Jan '14) Jan '14 CANADEZOS 5
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:39 pm PST